Obama's wife

Eleanor Roosevelt

Betty Ford

Rosalynn Carter

Jan

Grand Blanc, MI

#21 Jan 3, 2011
Katrina wrote:
Who wrote this poll? "Obama's wife"? Seriously?
You want alcoholic-drug addict Betty Ford (and she was both of those during her White House days) treated with kid gloves, and you won't even list the first name of the current First Lady?
What sick way to pull the voting in one direction. You should be ashamed.
What's the big deal? So she is referred to as "Obama's wife", and the poster also put "H. Clinton" instead of "Hillary." Do you think that people don't know what those names mean? It's not like they said bad things about these people, and how is this sick? Is she not Obama's wife? Does saying it's his wife automatically imply something bad about her? I didn't give it a second thought until you mentioned it. Who cares?
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Jan 3, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
Back in the old days, a lot of wealthy women were given Valium to calm their nerves. Ha, they got sick of sitting around all day in dresses, ordering the maid around.
Real classy, bubbles. Did you know she got addicted to pain meds after having a mastectomy for breast cancer? Just remember, karma is a bitch.

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#24 Jan 3, 2011
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Real classy, bubbles. Did you know she got addicted to pain meds after having a mastectomy for breast cancer? Just remember, karma is a bitch.
I do believe - you believe that story.

I am referring to her other aches and pain from being a dancer. The addiction was before the cancer.

I like Betty Ford, and I don't hold her addiction problem against her. I like her for being honest and telling her story.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 3, 2011
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts don't matter to Bubbles, Say What. Only the fact that she knows that Betty got hooked on pain meds. And you are right about karma, what goes around does come around. IF you live long enough, you see it happen on a daily basis.

SW Michigan

#26 Jan 3, 2011
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Facts don't matter to Bubbles, Say What. Only the fact that she knows that Betty got hooked on pain meds. And you are right about karma, what goes around does come around. IF you live long enough, you see it happen on a daily basis.
HA, And I'M goofy?

If anyone lives long enough - I guess "karma" will get them in some way. But, then is it karma or 25 years of smoking?I

As far as karma being a big B to Bubbly - Maybe that is why I've always felt, that I pay for my sins right here on earth. GOD doesn't let me get away with anything.

SW Michigan

#27 Jan 3, 2011
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Facts don't matter to Bubbles, Say What. Only the fact that she knows that Betty got hooked on pain meds. And you are right about karma, what goes around does come around. IF you live long enough, you see it happen on a daily basis.
Once again, nothing against Betty Ford- but I seriously doubt that her doctors were prescribing Valium and alcohol for neck and back pain.
RFist333

United States

#28 Jan 3, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, nothing against Betty Ford- but I seriously doubt that her doctors were prescribing Valium and alcohol for neck and back pain.
Wait till we hear how Obama turns out in 10 years, he did the coke,pot,cigs and beerz and he should keep it up he would be a better presidnt. hah.
Rockford

Grand Blanc, MI

#29 Jan 3, 2011
I didn't care for Betty Ford's radical pro-abortionist views, she wanted to force taxpayers to pay for abortions and have no limits on it. That's just insane. The fact that she was a drug addict doesn't bother me as much as the fact that some people in Grand Rapids try to portray her as some sort of saint, when I thought she had kind of an elitist attitude. She never even moved back to Grand Rapids when she left as First Lady, and she lived most of her life in Washington and California. I just don't care about her at all. The museum is nice and everything, but I don't think she did anything special for this area.
TIS

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Jan 4, 2011
Damn...The current First Lady has a name. Michelle Obama. She's an incredible role model.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#33 Jan 4, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>She's a little bit prouder now that she can demand her own plane for a ride to Hawaii, because she didnt want to wait at home for the hubby.
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2010/12/22/m...
And she probably can't find a white chauffeur. But wait....this whole Obama thing isn't about race at all, right?
Sandy

Grand Blanc, MI

#34 Jan 4, 2011
TIS wrote:
Damn...The current First Lady has a name. Michelle Obama. She's an incredible role model.
An incredible role model for arrogance and extravagant spending on luxury vacations

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#35 Jan 4, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sorry to say -- I have no need to research drugs. I will leave that past time for you.
I do know, many womens during the 60's & 70's were prescribed Valium for "female problems." I think that was probably the start of Betty's addiction problem. So...let's put the blame where it belongs - on MEN!
That's ignorant. Betty had a pinched nerve, and then the mastectomy. If you're going to assign blame, you have a responsibility to get your facts correct.

Location hidden

#36 Jan 4, 2011
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>....And you are right about karma, what goes around does come around. IF you live long enough, you see it happen on a daily basis.
Geee, does that mean that eventually, we'll ALL be named Rval and get judged 764 times by our multiple personalities?

Location hidden

#37 Jan 4, 2011
We get the 7 judge-its in 5 minutes Renee
say what

Detroit, MI

#38 Jan 4, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that she was addicted to alcohol, but do you have a reliable link that proves she was addicted to valium (which, BTW, is not a pain killer) and that she was addicted before to pain meds prior to her mastectomy? My sources show she was treated for concurrent addictions to alcohol and analgesic pain meds and that neither of those addictions were apparent until well after she had her mastectomy.
say what

Detroit, MI

#39 Jan 4, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sorry to say -- I have no need to research drugs.
Yup...you probably take whatever your doctor tells you to without question or any thought as to what it is/does.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Arcadia, LA.

#40 Jan 4, 2011
Hiliary Clinton for trying to get the same piece of garbage Healthscam Bill passed that the current President got passed.
betty

Bangor, MI

#41 Jan 4, 2011

Location hidden

#42 Jan 4, 2011
pfromd wrote:
<quoted text>
Geee, does that mean that eventually, we'll ALL be named Rval and get judged 764 times by our multiple personalities?
Nope, that is reserved for the person you named. Besides, where would we be if we weren't judged "nuts", "clueless" and "spam" at least once a day???

Location hidden

#43 Jan 4, 2011
Bubbly4now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sorry to say -- I have no need to research drugs. I will leave that past time for you.
I do know, many womens during the 60's & 70's were prescribed Valium for "female problems." I think that was probably the start of Betty's addiction problem. So...let's put the blame where it belongs - on MEN!
Sooooo, instead of doing a little research and discovering what she was addicted to and why, you would rather slam her and run her down???? Nice, Bubbles, real nice. Tell me something, if Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama were the ones addicted to pain killers, would you run them down the same way????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 min Buffalo Bull 1,399
What do you think of U-M's new football coach? (Jan '11) 2 hr Hugh Jass 27
What Doctors Think About Obamacare 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Obama Admin. Caught Spying On Koch Bros.? 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 10 hr Rob 5
is it time to worry about the new england patri... 11 hr bobolinq 1
Holder is stepping down 13 hr Oneal 9
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info