Comments
1 - 20 of 153 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Sharon

Grand Blanc, MI

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Wasn't Betty Ford like a meth addict or something? Not a very good example for young people.

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#2 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
Wasn't Betty Ford like a meth addict or something? Not a very good example for young people.
It wasn't meth, it was prescription paid meds. And she recovered, and founded a major rehab facility. Care to rethink that opinion?
Sharon

Grand Blanc, MI

#3 Jan 3, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't meth, it was prescription paid meds. And she recovered, and founded a major rehab facility. Care to rethink that opinion?
No, I don't care to rethink my opinion.

Muskegon

#4 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't care to rethink my opinion.
That's certainly your right. But you really should be more careful about posting erroneous information.
Sharon

Grand Blanc, MI

#5 Jan 3, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>That's certainly your right. But you really should be more careful about posting erroneous information.
I asked a question. I did not post erroneous information. Besides, it is clear at the very least she was a drug addict.

Another question I have is - Who appointed you to be Topix monitor? You seem to have quite a condescending and holier-than-thou attitude.

Muskegon

#6 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked a question. I did not post erroneous information. Besides, it is clear at the very least she was a drug addict.
Another question I have is - Who appointed you to be Topix monitor? You seem to have quite a condescending and holier-than-thou attitude.
My opinion disagrees with yours, simple as that. And I find these "questions" to be a backdoor way of putting erroneous information out there. It's extremely simple to find out the answer to the question doing a web search and then post your opinion based on actual facts. Don't like it, don't read my posts.
Sharon

Grand Blanc, MI

#7 Jan 3, 2011
So now you say it's just a simple difference of opinion. Then why were you so bitter in the beginning? I find you to be a very arrogant person. When you say something that someone disagrees with, you're just expressing a "difference of opinion." But when I or anyone else says something that you disagree with, we "have the facts wrong." No one appointed you to judge the facts.

The fact is that Betty Ford was a drug addict. Now maybe because you feel sorry for her, or because it was "just prescription drugs," you don't think that's such a bad thing. It's nice that she recovered and started a rehab clinic. However, it's my opinion that it's still very poor behavior and a poor example as a First Lady.
Katrina

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2011
Who wrote this poll? "Obama's wife"? Seriously?

You want alcoholic-drug addict Betty Ford (and she was both of those during her White House days) treated with kid gloves, and you won't even list the first name of the current First Lady?

What sick way to pull the voting in one direction. You should be ashamed.

Muskegon

#9 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
So now you say it's just a simple difference of opinion. Then why were you so bitter in the beginning? I find you to be a very arrogant person. When you say something that someone disagrees with, you're just expressing a "difference of opinion." But when I or anyone else says something that you disagree with, we "have the facts wrong." No one appointed you to judge the facts.
The fact is that Betty Ford was a drug addict. Now maybe because you feel sorry for her, or because it was "just prescription drugs," you don't think that's such a bad thing. It's nice that she recovered and started a rehab clinic. However, it's my opinion that it's still very poor behavior and a poor example as a First Lady.
You have completely misread what I wrote. And you have mischaracterized it.

“Knocking at your Door”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 3, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>You have completely misread what I wrote. And you have mischaracterized it.
That happens a lot doesn't it.
Fred

Grand Blanc, MI

#11 Jan 3, 2011
Grim2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
That happens a lot doesn't it.
Amazing - always seems to happen only to her
Fred

Grand Blanc, MI

#12 Jan 3, 2011
radell wrote:
<quoted text>You have completely misread what I wrote. And you have mischaracterized it.
How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up for you
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
It's nice that she recovered and started a rehab clinic. However, it's my opinion that it's still very poor behavior and a poor example as a First Lady.
Why?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Jan 3, 2011
It was Dolley Madison. Anyone who put their name on cupcakes that taste THAT shitty, deserves the moniker of "Worst First Lady".

Rosalyn Carter had no idea where she was most of the time. But she did love to practice sucking the salt off peanuts down in Plains, GA.

Eleanor Roosevelt was a condescending old bat. And her husband looked like the Penguin on "Batman".

Hilary Clinton...no wonder her husband chased other skirts. She still makes Amtrak take a dirt road.

Michelle Obama...hasn't done a thing since she's played in that garden.

Chester A. Arthur...his wife Bea Arthur recently passed away.

Calvin Coolidge...his wife Rita, hit it big in disco for awhile.

James Garfield...his wife still has little suction cups on her feet, sticking to car windows across the country.

Andrew Jackson...his wife Janet couldn't keep her clothes on at a Super Bowl.

Herbert Hoover...wife made her fortune selling vacuums. People still say she sucks.

And Woodrow Wilson...his wife Nancy and sister-in-law Ann, formed the band Heart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
YES

United States

#15 Jan 3, 2011
OMG PfromD! That is really really funny!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#16 Jan 3, 2011
I don't know who would be the worst First Lady since Martha Washinton.

In my own humble opinion, the worst in my lifetime -- has to be Nancy Reagan.

Yes, Betty Ford was addicted to drugs. She admitted it, after her family forced her into treatment. Back in the old days, a lot of wealthy women were given Valium to calm their nerves. Ha, they got sick of sitting around all day in dresses, ordering the maid around.
RFist333

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Jan 3, 2011
Obama gives Ipods to Queens, that make Mrs Obama a total dork.

Since: Jun 09

GR

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Sharon wrote:
Yea, successfully defeating an addiction and founding a clinic that continues to aid thousands of young people in doing likewise ... what a loser!! LOL
From what I've read that obnoxious lunatic Mary Lincoln clearly should make the list of worst first ladies. Aside from chasing Abe around the house with a broom while he was fighting a civil war I'm not sure what she accomplished whilst spending the country's money on tacky furniture and snuff boxes.

Since: Jun 09

GR

#19 Jan 3, 2011
RFist333 wrote:
Obama gives Ipods to Queens, that make Mrs Obama a total dork.
In her defense, Michelle wasn't too proud of America until recently.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#20 Jan 3, 2011
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
In her defense, Michelle wasn't too proud of America until recently.
She's a little bit prouder now that she can demand her own plane for a ride to Hawaii, because she didnt want to wait at home for the hubby.
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2010/12/22/m...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why war with isis? 5 hr Colonel Sanders 19
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 5 hr Colonel Sanders 9
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 6 hr wiz 934
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 11 hr Phil 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Thu Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Thu Buffalo Bull 1,326
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••