Wachovia takes Gainey to court

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Wachovia Bank has taken Wyoming-based Gainey Corporation to court, alleging Gainey owes the bank $238 million.
Comments
41 - 60 of 245 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2012
jgh

Elkhart, IN

#43 Oct 1, 2008
anonymous wrote:
hurrican relief help my a**! He got like $4/mile to move freight down to Katrina. It was only about profit. As a matter of fact, he stated in a meeting that we need another natural disaster like that again because it is good for business. don't let him fool ya, he is a straight up and not a Christian like he claims to be!
Hidding behind the Christian Banner.... just another "business ploy" to make himself look good in the community.
Christian people do not do nor treat others they way this family does.
jgh

Elkhart, IN

#44 Oct 1, 2008
SAM wrote:
Obviously most of you do not know them personally at all - they are some of the kindest, best people alive and have done so much good for the community and kids everywhere.
Anyone could look good in the community, giving away the banks money... sort of like "buying votes".

I wonder how much he is stiffing the other banks, like Huntington, 5th 3rd, Chase?
John Q Public

Macomb, MI

#45 Oct 1, 2008
I worked for a trucking company back in the mid-80's when GTS was just getting off the ground. A co-worker of mine told me that GTS wouldn't be around long because he was "getting to big to fast" Easy to grow when you don't pay your bills.

Although GTS is in fact still around, sound like they're demis is not far off.

The last thing this area needs is more people out of jobs. And to add insult to injury, its all due to corperate greed.
Bruce M

Granbury, TX

#46 Oct 1, 2008
Gainey Corp has been nothing but a great asset to west Mi.
Harvey is an out standing person who has given so much to the community & we are better off for his generousity. I belive Wacohvia is just grabing at straws to bail themselves out of the finacial difficulty they have got into with poor management.Let Gainey manage Wachovia & see what happens.
Insider

New York, NY

#47 Oct 1, 2008
Gainey gives salaried employees $10,000 in life insurance as part of their benefits package (not to mention their sub-standard health package). He is more philanthropic to the community than he is his own employees. It's no wonder he is struggling. The turnover rate in and of itself probably costs him $1M per year.

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

#48 Oct 1, 2008
Gainey Employee wrote:
Ok, enough! I DO currently work for GTS and the things people are writing here are completely untrue. Mr. G. is a great man to work for and I am proud to be able to say I work at GTS. Mr. Gainey is like any other employer - if you work hard and do your job, he is great! If you are a slacker and don't do your job, you probably aren't going to last very long! I don't see how that is different from any other employer in the area. As for all of the things that he and his family do - who are you to judge? The Gainey's have put a lot into our community and people should be thankful rather than judgemental! As for this being a "Christian Company", it is as far as I am concerned. Mr. Gainey is not a greedy person, he is someone who has worked very hard all of his life and can now reap the rewards....something we should all srtive for in life. We at GTS will continue to work hard and you will all see why we work for Harvey Gainey and GTS.
I'm sorry that you have to go through this, and have to read all the criticism on ths board. It's gotta be hard to deal with.

But that withstanding, I have had personal experience with the company. Both through my ex boyfriend who worked there for many years, and myself, which I posted about earlier.

There's a reason that the company is having a hard time now. Part of it is the economy, but part of it is also the fact that Mr. Gainey isn't always a nice person to be around. He started that company from scratch, but walked all over alot of people to get where he is today.

So while I feel for your situation, I also know that sometimes what goes around, comes around.

I wish you, and all the other GTS employees, the best.
IGotTheAxeAlso

Grandville, MI

#49 Oct 1, 2008
don't get sick or have surgery and use the disability that you pay for out of your own paycheck every week...you will get the Axe just like me. I said at that time eventually people have to pay for their wrongdoings...this is just the beginning. Harvey still has to MEET HIS MAKER
Howard M Kelly

Grand Rapids, MI

#50 Oct 1, 2008
I have been dealing with the GTS corp. for sevral years. Honesty and integrity is the most inportent thing to Mr Gainey. Im my opionon the banking industry is haveing problums and there trying to force companys to pay the notes.This company is vary solvent and im proud to be part of it.

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#51 Oct 1, 2008
The Truth wrote:
If they have a positive cash flow and positive income from operations then why don't they make the payments that they promised to make. As Tom Cruise put it "Mr. Gainey....you can't handle the truth" and obviously he isn't telling the truth.
I believe Jack said that as he was on the stand in uniform.

“WINGS....ROCK The Ice YEAH!”

Big Rapids, MI

#52 Oct 1, 2008
Gezzzz.....Most of the comments seem correct!!! So many can see thru GTS This is kool!!! Love the Karma quote SO CORRECT!!.....Perhaps he is buying or so he thinks his PAD In Heaven!!!! HA!(NOT)...and the GA school what about the Arkansas school he stiffed???? Its Great what goes around comes around with out wishing any bad will..(KARMA)...When the trucking companies responded to Katrina they were paid down time at mucho bucks to Each Truck..It was mandatory that the trucks stayed put for untold days....No wonder GTS loved Katrina and wanted more...YES he is part of the Banks issues.....Never ending story......in the life of corrupt business....
steve

Clio, MI

#53 Oct 1, 2008
hey give the guy a break. Hows he any different than the guys on wall street that we ARE going to bail out with our retirement funds and food off our tables

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#54 Oct 1, 2008
Twit wrote:
I was always led to believe that Gainey was a "Christian" company, am I wrong about that?
That is an interesting thing to say "Christian" company. Like the people I work for that own the company leave church pamphlets in the break room, and talk the talk, cut treat their vendors, customers, and employees terrible. Definitely only part-time Christians. Hope the next company I work for is full of Atheists! By the way many years ago Gainey used to have a dinner for their customers, and I went as a date with a friend of mine, Harvey Gainey would not leave me alone, I thought is was funny, I wasn't even one of his customers......makes you wonder....
Another GTS OTR Wife

Grand Haven, MI

#55 Oct 1, 2008
Gainey Employee wrote:
Ok, enough! I DO currently work for GTS and the things people are writing here are completely untrue. Mr. G. is a great man to work for and I am proud to be able to say I work at GTS. Mr. Gainey is like any other employer - if you work hard and do your job, he is great! If you are a slacker and don't do your job, you probably aren't going to last very long! I don't see how that is different from any other employer in the area. As for all of the things that he and his family do - who are you to judge? The Gainey's have put a lot into our community and people should be thankful rather than judgemental! As for this being a "Christian Company", it is as far as I am concerned. Mr. Gainey is not a greedy person, he is someone who has worked very hard all of his life and can now reap the rewards....something we should all srtive for in life. We at GTS will continue to work hard and you will all see why we work for Harvey Gainey and GTS.
What a crock of shit. Have you only worked there a few weeks? What about all the bonus programs and training programs that his company put together and then after his drivers started earning the bonus and providing the training Mr Gainey decides he doesn't want to pay the bonus anymore. I stiffed just my husband out of over $5000 in bonuses. Mr. Gainey may be giving the bank's money to charities and other noble causes, but he treats his own employees like shit! You know Christian only goes so far, it doesn't mean you're a good person or a good company. My husband has been employeed with GTS long enough to know that if a good offer from an honest company came along you'd better take it now cause you never know when Gainey's going to turn their back on the employees again.
Another GTS OTR Wife

Grand Haven, MI

#56 Oct 1, 2008
Insider wrote:
Gainey gives salaried employees $10,000 in life insurance as part of their benefits package (not to mention their sub-standard health package). He is more philanthropic to the community than he is his own employees. It's no wonder he is struggling. The turnover rate in and of itself probably costs him $1M per year.
Did you ever think that maybe the turnover is so high because he has the recuiters lie to the prospective employees to get them into the company and then they find out non of what they told was true. Why wouldn't they quit.
Betty

Liverpool, NY

#57 Oct 1, 2008
The old saying "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones." All of you who are saying things not so nice should look as your own lives and what you have done. I only know that the Gainey's would do for others as if you were their family. I know people Buddy and his wife has helped. I have never worked for them but I have been involved in some of the same organizations and they never think of themselves first. They are always willing to give to others and help in anyway they could. Thank you Buddy and Michelle for all you have done and I am sure you will continue to do.

Big Rapids, MI

#58 Oct 1, 2008
QUOTE from: Gainey Employee"We at GTS will continue to work hard and you will all see why we work for Harvey Gainey and GTS. "

Please EXPLAIN??? Gainey Employee!
iamct01

United States

#59 Oct 1, 2008
We learn more and more every day who the real conservatives are.

Big Rapids, MI

#61 Oct 1, 2008
Betty wrote:
The old saying "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones." All of you who are saying things not so nice should look as your own lives and what you have done. I only know that the Gainey's would do for others as if you were their family. I know people Buddy and his wife has helped. I have never worked for them but I have been involved in some of the same organizations and they never think of themselves first. They are always willing to give to others and help in anyway they could. Thank you Buddy and Michelle for all you have done and I am sure you will continue to do.
Guess that you should THANK the EMPLOYEES that have made the $$$ for them to HELP OTHERS? Perhaps thank the BANK!! for the LOANS!!
still laughing

Grandville, MI

#62 Oct 1, 2008
I hope this does not intefere with their yearly nyc Christmas shopping extravaganza! I also remember the time when he stiffed the employees on a bonus program and put a freeze on all salary increases because the company was "not doing good" but yet felt the need to buy a car over $100,000 and drive it to work with the sticker still in the window. What a stand up guy! Hey Harvey remember your favorite statement, "Better to deal with the devil you know, than the devil you don't know" Looks like David Carter didn't do such a great job as VP of loss prevention!!!
old_timer

Syracuse, NY

#63 Oct 1, 2008
Sounds like the unemployment rate going to take another hike in michigan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet The Press 2 hr Go Blue Forever 3
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 10 hr a commenter 935
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 12 hr Phil 10
why war with isis? 21 hr Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 21 hr Colonel Sanders 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Aug 28 Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Aug 28 Buffalo Bull 1,326
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info