Brake looked at in prostitute deaths

Brake looked at in prostitute deaths

There are 116 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Brake looked at in prostitute deaths. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Brake, who police say beat and nearly strangled a prostitute earlier this month, is also a suspect in a quadruple murder in Wright Township Sources close to the Grand Rapids investigation confirm they are ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jose

East Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 27, 2008
Thanks wood tv for allowing us to keep these threads alive.....
Big F in Deal

Alto, MI

#2 Oct 27, 2008
Maybe he was just cleaning up GR, Im sorry for the Wright township murders! Either way he needs to be put to Death! He gives White people a bad name
sleepless

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2008
Jose
Do you know if Troy had any involvement with anyone at the Wright Bar-did he frequent the place?
believe not always

Sparta, MI

#4 Oct 27, 2008
Jose wrote:
Thanks wood tv for allowing us to keep these threads alive.....
I just hope they don't put all this on him to keep the media and people off their back,they like to do that.and let the real ---holes run free.Something sure sounds fishy about all this.There's been hookers killed years ago and they haven't found out who did this and now they think there's something.My husband runs a bible class from some of mi. jail's and prisions and he has been told by a few prisioners that they were given other crimes just becausethey were going to be doing the time anyway.He believes some of them.
Page

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2008
Hey, can anyone remember Wayne Williams - Atlanta child murder. Let's clear the books, while we have a potential!

Since: Oct 08

Fort Collins, CO

#6 Oct 27, 2008
believe not always wrote:
<quoted text> I just hope they don't put all this on him to keep the media and people off their back,they like to do that.and let the real ---holes run free.Something sure sounds fishy about all this.There's been hookers killed years ago and they haven't found out who did this and now they think there's something.My husband runs a bible class from some of mi. jail's and prisions and he has been told by a few prisioners that they were given other crimes just becausethey were going to be doing the time anyway.He believes some of them.
I agree and without all the evidence dont judge the man and convict him on all this. There basically trying to say they have caught a mass murderer then. And trying to connect him to the wright murders? Something is very fishy about it all. They dont have anything on the old ones and now trying to pin it all on one man, doesnt sound right to me.
The real Jose

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Oct 27, 2008
I just ate a bean burrito.
sleepless

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2008
Welcome back Jose-have you ever considered a beef burrito, how about a 7layer burrito? Spice it up a little!:)

Since: Oct 08

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Oct 27, 2008
The real Jose wrote:
dude you will be having some mean gas.lol with all those burritos you eat! Point it where the wind is not blowing in my direction please.
jcv

Reedsville, WI

#10 Oct 27, 2008
The real Jose wrote:
How do we know it's really you?
jose

Parker, CO

#11 Oct 27, 2008
The admins of Topix warned me about eating to many bean burritos.

They said if I kept eating them in public then they would block me from accessing this forms.:(

Since: Jul 07

Key West

#12 Oct 27, 2008
The real Jose wrote:
Hi, glad to see you,real Jose!!
Sue Paradise

Granbury, TX

#13 Oct 27, 2008
As For being a relitive of the ZIMMERS/Tolars,I hope and pray;He is not the one,Who did or had anything to do with the MURDERS,And If they let him out on a stupid R/O Bond.{Which you never know,around here}.... Because she/they NEVER hurt anybody,But he still has his life..........But really how long will he get,or MURDER,,,,,Untill He is Put away????????Is the system really FARE... NO. Because he still has his life....
MichAbu

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Oct 27, 2008
Are you drunk or uneducated?
Sue Paradise wrote:
As For being a relitive of the ZIMMERS/Tolars,I hope and pray;He is not the one,Who did or had anything to do with the MURDERS,And If they let him out on a stupid R/O Bond.{Which you never know,around here}.... Because she/they NEVER hurt anybody,But he still has his life..........But really how long will he get,or MURDER,,,,,Untill He is Put away????????Is the system really FARE... NO. Because he still has his life....
maggie

Auburn, NY

#15 Oct 27, 2008
wait for the investigators to do their job....it takes time to get all the evidence
jbl

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Oct 28, 2008
Don't you think it's just common sense to check out the other prostitute murders? I feel alot better that they are checking out everything which might even remotely involve this guy. I don't want him on the streets whether he tried to kill prostitue, shoot a guy, or killed the family. This guy needs to be put away. He is scary!
Canon

Rochester, MI

#17 Oct 28, 2008
maggie wrote:
wait for the investigators to do their job....it takes time to get all the evidence
I agree. What ever Brake is guilty of, it will all come out I'm sure. Just be patient and let the police do their job. Speculations and nonfactual rumors do not help. Some of the evidence does look suspicious, I hope that if he is guilty of all of the formentioned crimes that he gets what he deserves. On the other hand, if he is not guilty of them all, then I don't want him to just be slammed with it while another killer runs free. All of the families involved need closure so I hope that it comes soon.

Also, for the woman who managed to get away. She should not be forgoten through all of this either. I'm sure that this has been a very tramatic situation for her. Lets keep our prayers going for her as well. She could've been another lost life!
bigg

United States

#18 Oct 28, 2008
believe not always wrote:
<quoted text> I just hope they don't put all this on him to keep the media and people off their back,they like to do that.and let the real ---holes run free.Something sure sounds fishy about all this.There's been hookers killed years ago and they haven't found out who did this and now they think there's something.My husband runs a bible class from some of mi. jail's and prisions and he has been told by a few prisioners that they were given other crimes just becausethey were going to be doing the time anyway.He believes some of them.
there all innocent also, just ask them
misbehaven

Allegan, MI

#19 Oct 28, 2008
Maybe the unidentified hair from the Julia Dawson trial should checked to see if it's Troy Brakes, after all he has a Sparta connection too. Just a suggestion
crimson

Boulder, CO

#20 Oct 28, 2008
GREEZE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and without all the evidence dont judge the man and convict him on all this. There basically trying to say they have caught a mass murderer then. And trying to connect him to the wright murders? Something is very fishy about it all. They dont have anything on the old ones and now trying to pin it all on one man, doesnt sound right to me.
I think their just want to investigate thoroughly. That should be okay as long as they are honest and careful. Yes some may be prostitutes but some of us
are not streetwise and don't understand all people's lives. I believe even a prostitute may have family that loves them. A murderer is a murderer know matter
who they kill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP 2 hr FTW 8
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed Drew 2,629
Poll Worst celebrity ever Tue Idea Maker 7
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! Tue Idea Maker 23
News Book about boy in dress causes stir at Michigan... Tue Idea Maker 29
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) May 23 Idea Maker 1,070
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet (Jan '15) May 23 sexylexy1414 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages