created by: Red_Fist | Dec 8, 2012

Grand Rapids, MI

31 votes

UNIONS GO AWAY and DIE ALREADY !, THEY HAVE......?

Click on an option to vote

• Outlived usefulness.?
  • Just trim them back.?
  • Total Union control.?

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of74
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Unbelivable wrote:
<quoted text>BULL,You will not be happy with the out come
You can not be trusted with anything. Your credibility went out the window with your first word. He sounds happy already. Lol!!!
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>It all depends on your definition of a hero.

What we are dealing with here is a group of reincarnated believers in medieval feudalism.
What a dope!! Jason get back to work before you make a bigger fool of yourself.
Tony Camargo

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Just look what unions did to Detroit...LOL
Really

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

More examples of fear mongering from the left. Let's mix that with threats of violence and violence perpetrated on people that were there and what do we see? Fine examples of thuggery promoted by the current Democratic administration at the Federal level. Apparently the party of the "tolerant" are only that if it is done their way. Not surprised though are we???
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Really wrote:
More examples of fear mongering from the left. Let's mix that with threats of violence and violence perpetrated on people that were there and what do we see? Fine examples of thuggery promoted by the current Democratic administration at the Federal level. Apparently the party of the "tolerant" are only that if it is done their way. Not surprised though are we???
Most defiantly not surprised at all. Also cooperation is agreeing 100% with Obama.
Troll for Bob

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to take over her job some day.....
Let's hope its a minimum wage job with no benefits by the time you finally get there!
Just like your f**kin job, right jagoff???
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Troll for Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your f**kin job, right jagoff???
Why so much anger from a child that is supposedly still in school?

Must be you're flunking out...... I'm not surprised!
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go putting words in my mouth Steelie. I said unions are the only democracy in the workplace. I never said purest form.
Are you really trying to make every one believe a privately owned company is any other form of "governance" than a dictatorship/kingdom/authorita rian and yes even autocratic? Seriously?
You are SO VERY wrong about promotions. I have never EVER experienced ANY unionized company where the union employee was prohibited from being "promoted". In fact in many union contracts there are provisions for the increased wages for Lead Men/Lead Person etc. I have the proof in writing.
Plus I have NEVER seen any provision in ANY union contract that prohibits a unionized person from being promoted up in the company out of the union.
Seriously, with respect Steelie you don't know what you're talking about.
The ONLY thing that prohibits a union member employee from being promoted is managements despising unionization.
And yes I have seen many employees that were more qualified passed over for promotion in favor of, to be kind, the more "politically correct" employee, even within the union ranks.
Amazing how blind people can be when they are as ignorant as you! Sure there is nothing in any union contract about seniority. Thanks for putting your lies in writing.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>All the text books are written in TX. Think TX is a Liberal state? And our teachers are obligated by state law and local school boards to teach and test out of the text books....
Are you seriously going to suggest that tearchers are teaching conservative principals in the class. You even more ignorant than I thought.

I responded to several of your post and you skipped my response. I can only assume that you agree with what I posted, that your facts are full of crap and you are an idiot for calling people who don't pay their fair share to the union freeloaders but those who don't pay federal taxes are not.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how blind people can be when they are as ignorant as you! Sure there is nothing in any union contract about seniority. Thanks for putting your lies in writing.
Never said a thing about there not being seniority clauses in contracts. Seniority is not about promotions. Job classification changes yes. Promotions, no.

In a factory setting moving from one labor classification to another is not considered promotion even when into a higher pay grade. Even by management. From a labor classification to a management position is a different story.

And seniority was put in place to disallow management from preferential treatment. I know of no one that ever moved into another labor classification through the bidding process without a period of qualification period.

Now you can nitpick about it all you want.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously going to suggest that tearchers are teaching conservative principals in the class. You even more ignorant than I thought.
I responded to several of your post and you skipped my response. I can only assume that you agree with what I posted, that your facts are full of crap and you are an idiot for calling people who don't pay their fair share to the union freeloaders but those who don't pay federal taxes are not.
Assume all you want as for as long as I have known you that's what you do best. Facts are irrelevant to you.

As long as you want to call someone who gets the full representation benefits without paying for it equally as fair that speaks volumes. The fast majority of people in this country pay Federal taxes. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. Federal income taxes is an entirely different issue. Try reading up on the purpose for [Federal] income taxes. But then you would make the assumptions to suit you anyway.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>Assume all you want as for as long as I have known you that's what you do best. Facts are irrelevant to you.
As long as you want to call someone who gets the full representation benefits without paying for it equally as fair that speaks volumes. The fast majority of people in this country pay Federal taxes. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. Federal income taxes is an entirely different issue. Try reading up on the purpose for [Federal] income taxes. But then you would make the assumptions to suit you anyway.
Your a compete moron if your going to suggest that the vast majority of people pay taxes. Nearly half pay no federal income taxes and that is a fact.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a compete moron if your going to suggest that the vast majority of people pay taxes. Nearly half pay no federal income taxes and that is a fact.
Federal taxes and Federal income taxes are two separate issues. People's being able to afford to eat, be housed and keep the utilities going is far more important than them not paying Federal Income Taxes.

So while we are talking about those who don't pay Federal Income Taxes don't forget to include our military troops, seniors who had worked all their lives paying Federal Income taxes and don't now have the retirement income sufficient enough to meet the income requirement, along with the millionaires retired that have had accountants set them up so their "income" isn't sufficient AND those millionaires and even billionaires that their entire income is stashed in off-shore accounts.

SERIOUSLY, if you want to argue something try using verifiable information instead of your biased only personal opinion.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even going to wait to read your flippant idiotic retort to my last rebuttal. Try reading for a change before you make such rash ignoramus statements.
in part; 4) Many low-income workers don’t pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years. The graph below from the Tax Policy Center shows why so many workers who do earn income don’t have to pay the income tax. They’re exempt under various provisions of the tax code.

For instance, most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

God you people are dangerous to this country.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

So lets have some more fun with this. Romney and Ryan, and the Republican Party, have been bashing Obama and Democrats for their (GOP) own policies;
"Meanwhile, Jim Antle at the conservative site The Daily Caller makes another salient point: The elimination of taxes on the very poor has been GOP policy starting with Reagan, and continuing through Bush:

When Ronald Reagan signed into law the Tax Reform Act of 1986, he boasted,“Millions of the working poor will be dropped from the tax rolls altogether, and families will get a long-overdue break with lower rates and an almost doubled personal exemption.”

Both the initial Reagan tax cuts of 1981 and indexing income taxes to inflation in 1985 had a similar effect.

In the 1990s, the Republican-controlled Gingrich Congress passed a $500 per child tax credit that also wiped out the income tax liability of many low- to moderate-income households.

“Fully 93 percent of the tax relief in our bill goes to taxpayers with annual incomes under $100,000, 76 percent goes to taxpayers with incomes under $75,000,” then-House Ways and Means Committe Chairman Bill Archer, a Texas Republican, said at the time.“If ever there was a tax plan for America’s forgotten middle class, this is it.”"
http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romneys-4...

So lets not let it lay there:
Here's How 35,000 Of America's Wealthiest Households Got Off Tax-Free
More than 35,000 of American households who make over $200,000 annually, paid no income tax to the federal government in 2009, according to a new study by the IRS.

For 2009, of the 3,975,288 tax returns with expanded income of $200,000 or more, 35,061 (0.882
percent) had no U.S. income tax liability; and 19,551 (0.492 percent) had no worldwide income tax liability."
http://www.businessinsider.com/some-of-the-we...

So it looks like not only the poor, the elderly, the disabled, etc. are not "patriotic" but also 35,000 of the countries wealthiest families are not [patriotic] because they don't pay Federal Income Tax.
Really

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even going to wait to read your flippant idiotic retort to my last rebuttal. Try reading for a change before you make such rash ignoramus statements.
in part; 4) Many low-income workers don’t pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years. The graph below from the Tax Policy Center shows why so many workers who do earn income don’t have to pay the income tax. They’re exempt under various provisions of the tax code.
For instance, most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures:
So are you, but some of us knew that a long time ago. That's why your people didn't run the country for so long. Time for that to happen again.
SeenItBefore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not even going to wait to read your flippant idiotic retort to my last rebuttal. Try reading for a change before you make such rash ignoramus statements.
in part; 4) Many low-income workers donÂ’t pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years. The graph below from the Tax Policy Center shows why so many workers who do earn income donÂ’t have to pay the income tax. TheyÂ’re exempt under various provisions of the tax code.

You are a fool! You said your leaving, know go!! And stop using my name!! Stop spreading your stupidity, nobody wants it other than your multiple personalities.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that if we are going to extend tax cuts that we should only extend those cuts to those who pay the least, shifting a larger burden on those who already pay more than their fair share? The fact that you don't see the problem with this simply shows you don't really care about the people paying your bills as long as they keep paying them.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that if we are going to extend tax cuts that we should only extend those cuts to those who pay the least, shifting a larger burden on those who already pay more than their fair share? The fact that you don't see the problem with this simply shows you don't really care about the people paying your bills as long as they keep paying them.
That's all you've got to come back with after being proven so completely wrong? No more should be expected from you.

More than their fair share? Really? I don't suppose it even enters that lump of tissue you call a brain that the "those who already pay more than their fair share" gain more than the rest from what the rest pay for. ALL citizens pay for the legislative system that sets the laws for contracts and the court system that enforces those contracts. For the road and infrastructure system that business uses to make their profits. For the ENTIRE system that some make millions and even billions from that others who don't pay into also?

And lets not forget the subsidies and grants that all the citizens taxes pay for that only add to the millions to billions in profits of companies that don't need the subsidies and grants in the first place.

You are so delusional to believe those that make the most money have done it all on their own without any assistance from anyone else.

Progressive taxation is no new notion:
The Burden of Taxation;
"Taxes should be proportioned to what may be annually spared by the individual." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1784. FE 4:15, Papers 7:557

Fairness and Uniformity of Taxation:
"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1785. ME 19:18, Papers 8:682

Get over feeling those who make the most are picked on by paying in proportion to their advantage.
SeenItBefore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>That's all you've got to come back with after being proven so completely wrong? No more should be expected from you.

More than their fair share? Really? I don't suppose it even enters that lump of tissue you call a brain that the "those who already pay more than their fair share" gain more than the rest from what the rest pay for. ALL citizens pay for the legislative system that sets the laws for contracts and the court system that enforces those contracts. For the road and infrastructure system that business uses to make their profits. For the ENTIRE system that some make millions and even billions from that others who don't pay into also?

And lets not forget the subsidies and grants that all the citizens taxes pay for that only add to the millions to billions in profits of companies that don't need the subsidies and grants in the first place.

You are so delusional to believe those that make the most money have done it all on their own without any assistance from anyone else.

Progressive taxation is no new notion:
The Burden of Taxation;
"Taxes should be proportioned to what may be annually spared by the individual." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1784. FE 4:15, Papers 7:557

Fairness and Uniformity of Taxation:
"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1785. ME 19:18, Papers 8:682

Get over feeling those who make the most are picked on by paying in proportion to their advantage.
Oh my god!!! Back to this crap. Would you like to talk about Ancient Rome too. Quit hand picking what people say to fit your agenda from times that were much different than the present day. Be on your way like you promised us all!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of74
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Rapids Discussions

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... 3 hr Coretta 1
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 4 hr Dr X 15
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. 10 hr Phil 33
sochi russian for sucker!! 10 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 19 hr Another Observer 921
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Go Blue Forever 895
Sebelius botches farewell speech Wed Batch 37 Pain Is Good 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••