|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
Yup... And gun ownership is up. Ruger sold around one million firearms in the first quarter of 2012. That is a stunning increase of more than 50% as compared to the same quarter in 2011. Smith and Wesson reports sales of approximately $439 million in the first quarter - up an amazing 135% from the previous year. Huh...
Steelie
Since the 1970's gun ownership has dropped steadily from over 50% to right around 30% so your 'gun ownership is up' argument is based on the fact that it is only 'up' because ownership rates have fallen to the lowest in our history. Any little tick upwards does not have any relation with lower crime rates.
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

The Unknown Sock wrote:
The essence of democracy is compromise. Teapublicans seem to have forgotten the basics.
No...we're just smart enough to realize that Obama's 'my way or off the cliff we go' isn't compromise...it's blackmail.
Progressives have a long way to go if that's what the think of as compromise...hope they enjoy that trip off the cliff.
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Crime rates have steadily gone down since Obama took office.
Still creating those boogiemen?
ok everyone but you. Can you prove these crime rates? do you have a link? or did you have a halucination on your MM.

Keep your head in the sand SS, that way you are in the correct position for the ramming.

the second recession is coming and it is not going to be pretty, and I really don't want to come on here and say I told ya.

But being prepared is always better than not.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 1970's gun ownership has dropped steadily from over 50% to right around 30% so your 'gun ownership is up' argument is based on the fact that it is only 'up' because ownership rates have fallen to the lowest in our history. Any little tick upwards does not have any relation with lower crime rates.
Good Day,

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/gun-crime-c...

Curious... Europe is in the throws of massive increases in crime yet they heavily restrict gun owner ship. Yet the opposite is true in the US. Coincidence?

Also - an ABC News poll from 2011 indicates that gun ownership in the US is at near record levels. They reported that 47% of Americans owned a gun (up from 41% in 2010). The highest number recorded since 1993 (I believe when the poll began).

Steelie
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old stuff from the right. The difference is that I am working again and things are getting better and if it keeps its course things will keep on getting better. Just get the Republicans out of the way because it isn't because of them. 300+ filibusters from the right. what a joke.
Middle class days are looking brighter!!!!!
Freedom that is not how a democrocy or congress works " get the Republicans out of the way"...please!

I am glad you have a job and things are good for you right now, count your blessings. I know it's hard for those of you on the left to understand but, it's not all about you!

50 % of college graduates cannot find work, unemployment for blacks is almost 30%, for women is at 11.5 %. food stamp usage is at historic levels with over 47,000,000, poverty is at 50 year highs. So you saying things are getting better, yes for you, but not this country, that is the point!!

talk to me in 6 month increments, especially when you taxes in crease by around 3,500. dollars, but wait that is not including Obamacare.

Watch the unemployment numbers climb, the cliff is now 48 days away!

I wish this was a Republican in Office, then at least we could agree this is wrong and we are headed for disaster.
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
SS you could not be more wrong..LOL well yes you could. Gun owners didn't get rid of their guns ( thats ownership ), maybe steelie is talking about gun sales? nah couldn't be, what a joke, have another toke!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
With all due respect, you missed the point. Remember, words mean things. I did not say anyone is calling for a 100% tax on the top one percent. I said that "IF" that were to occur the government would only be funded for approximately 141 days.
Steelie
"IF"....... A lot like a certain part of the lower body, located in the back.

Problem is that most of them, and your's specifcally, "STINK"!
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
Any little tick upwards does not have any relation with lower crime rates.
A million plus firearms is a 'little tick upwards'? You weren't helping count the votes for Romney, were you?
proctologist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
"IF"....... A lot like a certain part of the lower body, located in the back.
Problem is that most of them, and your's specifcally, "STINK"!
Considering yours gets more deposits than Fifth Third bank, you would be the resident expert on that particular body part.
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

niether did the democrats....business as usual I guess!
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

The Unknown Sock wrote:
No. He tried to work with republicans before and got the shaft.
Really? Care to give the class one good, concrete example of that?
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

I'm thinking that perhaps raising the taxes is a good thing. After all, once the Democrats realize they can't let just a portion of the Bush Tax Cuts expire, they will have to raise taxes on everyone and the middle class that they claim to be so very worried about will get stuck with it again. NOW, should they bother to raise taxes AND close the loopholes they all use to avoid paying taxes, that would be a good thing. However, anyone who thinks these buffoons are going to screw themselves instead of the American people are nuts. All this crying about the "rich" is just a smoke screen. Raise the taxes on everyone and make it "fair" so we ALL have skin in the game. And to the libs on these boards, if you truly think the only people the taxes will go up on are those who voted Conservative/Republican/Third Party, then YOU are dumber than a box of rocks. Get ready to have your take home pay be less in January 2013 and the cost of your purchases to go up in January 2013. Also, prepare for unemployment to skyrocket and inflation to go through the roof. The misery index is making a comeback!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Oneal 787
When will the poledancer grow a set? 3 hr Oneal 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) 4 hr Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 18 hr Gville Jim 56
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) Tue JACK 216
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon www 1,274
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••