Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Bill Kristol sees the light!

"It won't kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/11/bill...

At least some conservatives have figured it out.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Ya right Bob, that will help for a couple months...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Living Large2 wrote:
Ya right Bob, that will help for a couple months...
Nope...not for that long even if we taxed them at 100%. All raising taxes on the 'millionaires' does is placate the jealous wealthy wannabes that can't stand the thought that someone else might have more than they do. Becuase you know...having succeeded and having wealth are sins that should be punished and the government is the entity elected to exact that punishment.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
"It won't kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires"
If you and Bill think that only the millionaires are going to see a tax increase, boy are you both in for a big, ugly surprise!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Good Day,

Yet, a recent Rasmussen poll shows 60% of American's want the Bush tax cuts extended. 28% oppse and 12% are not sure.

Steelie

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Off topic cant help it. This guy Chris Hayes on MSNBC is like the most clueless idiot I have ever seen must be a guilty rich boy.

I have tried to convince a few people that no matter how much they take from the citizens of this country it will never be used to pay back any debt, it will be spent on nonsense like the last stimulus and the one before that and the one before that. I just wonder how many people think they are going to get a check in the mail.
GOP buttwhoopin

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
Yet, a recent Rasmussen poll shows 60% of American's want the Bush tax cuts extended. 28% oppse and 12% are not sure.
Steelie
You're quoting polls? Jesus didn't you people learn anything last Tuesday? Whatever you say the polls are they are the exact opposite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Good Day,

And... If the top 1% were taxed at 100% it would currently only fund the goverment for 141 days (approximately). If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire - taxes will go up for the middle class as well.

Steelie

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and Bill think that only the millionaires are going to see a tax increase, boy are you both in for a big, ugly surprise!
Yup! ALL of our taxes will be going up starting January first, that is if you pay taxes. Tonight on NBC they said the average middle class family will pay and additional $3500.
This all could have been avoided if congress wouls have come up with a budget, that included spending cuts, and revenue increases, and they've had since August of 2011 to do so, but every budget proposal that has been passed by the House, just sit's in the Senate, because Harry Reid wont consider them.
I cant wait for the liberals to start whining, and blaming next year.
They have only themselves to blame.
Obama/Biden 2012!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
And... If the top 1% were taxed at 100% it would currently only fund the goverment for 141 days (approximately). If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire - taxes will go up for the middle class as well.
Steelie
Not that you should be worried about tax rates in a country you won't be living in anymore, but can you provide a source for who said they wanted a 100% tax rate?

Exit polls have shown that the majority of people agreed that tax cuts for the top 1% should end.

Hopefully all of them will move to the new country you patriots have decided to create, and you can reward them with no taxes....

Good Luck with that!

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

And there you have it, four more years of nothing...
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

2 more years and the house will change hands if they don't see the writing on the wall.
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

The Unknown Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think conservatives have had no part in this fiasco? Haven't learned your lesson yet, have you?
The essence of democracy is compromise. Teapublicans seem to have forgotten the basics.
Compromise has to start at the Senate!!

Everything goes thru the House first not the other way around, think back to Your Saturday cartoon about the Bill, It starts in the house, and Currenly STOPS in the Senate, yet somehow you have drank the blame the House koolaid.

Compromise is a two way street, this stale mate starts and ends at the Senate......Why? now who are the real obstructionist?
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
2 more years and the house will change hands if they don't see the writing on the wall.
if that were the case it would have happened a week ago. The Senate will most likely be next for change. They have been in control since 2007. If you have been following, 2007 is when it all started going downhill.

Yes the American people have spoken, 4 more years of failed polices,ineffective congress and out of control spending is now in vogue!

I suggest every Citizen get their CCW and stock up because America will get ugly! Not a threat just a reality of the world we now live in and the future anyone with half a brain, can see coming.
John

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that you should be worried about tax rates in a country you won't be living in anymore, but can you provide a source for who said they wanted a 100% tax rate?
Exit polls have shown that the majority of people agreed that tax cuts for the top 1% should end.
Hopefully all of them will move to the new country you patriots have decided to create, and you can reward them with no taxes....
Good Luck with that!
What do you do for a living Bob - besides post your bull that is?
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

to be announced wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest every Citizen get their CCW and stock up ...
Why? Crime rates have steadily gone down since Obama took office.

Still creating those boogiemen?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

John wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do for a living Bob - besides post your bull that is?
I'm in training for the government sponsored death panels teabaggers have been whining about.

How you feeling? I need a few test cases, and I'd be glad to help you out of your pain!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck with that!
Good Day,

With all due respect, you missed the point. Remember, words mean things. I did not say anyone is calling for a 100% tax on the top one percent. I said that "IF" that were to occur the government would only be funded for approximately 141 days.

Steelie
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

to be announced wrote:
<quoted text>if that were the case it would have happened a week ago. The Senate will most likely be next for change. They have been in control since 2007. If you have been following, 2007 is when it all started going downhill.
Yes the American people have spoken, 4 more years of failed polices,ineffective congress and out of control spending is now in vogue!
I suggest every Citizen get their CCW and stock up because America will get ugly! Not a threat just a reality of the world we now live in and the future anyone with half a brain, can see coming.
Same old stuff from the right. The difference is that I am working again and things are getting better and if it keeps its course things will keep on getting better. Just get the Republicans out of the way because it isn't because of them. 300+ filibusters from the right. what a joke.
Middle class days are looking brighter!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Crime rates have steadily gone down since Obama took office.
Still creating those boogiemen?
Good Day,

Yup... And gun ownership is up. Ruger sold around one million firearms in the first quarter of 2012. That is a stunning increase of more than 50% as compared to the same quarter in 2011. Smith and Wesson reports sales of approximately $439 million in the first quarter - up an amazing 135% from the previous year. Huh...

Steelie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 2 hr Phil 32
Suspect On The Run Following Robbery At ATM 3 hr Who 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr Buffalo Bull 900
Do you approve of Mary Hollinrake as County Cle... (Feb '12) Fri Dhead 8
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Fri Cookie 11
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... Thu Coretta 1
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. Apr 17 Phil 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••