Comments
21 - 40 of 101 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2014
white

Haslett, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 7, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

1

gregd548 wrote:
Just a point: the native tribes in Africa are the ones who started slavery; they conquered and enslaved their neighboring tribes.(That's black enslaving black). Then they found they could make 'money' selling their slaves to the Portuguese, which they did, increasing the number of those enslaved over the years. The Portuguese passed it on to the rest of the world, and the U.S. ended the practice with Lincoln abolishing slavery. Those are just the historically provable facts.
Thats right white people are almost as racist as blacks. Instead of you blacks looking for handouts and thinking that white people owe you a living. You should get off the welfare rolls and do something to contribute to society and the community instead of taking from it. Not white people or anyone else owes you a living. So get over it, shut , grow up and get a job.
carolyn

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

well all you out there can agree or diagree with me but grand rapids is a very racist place. I went through an unfortuate situation here where it was found out later that I was telling the truth and as an end result nothing ever happen to the caucasian for making false accusations. I seen racism like it stood smack in my face.
Eva

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The demon is indeed in town and thrives. I have given up on trying to change things in Grand Rapids. I and my family live in our own world ... it's the only way to live now. But we still are able to see, hear and decipher the operation of the demon. I certainly hope things eventually improve for the younger generation.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
Eva

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Make sure you take your own advice first...
nowayno

Freeport, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I bet some black gets my sisters foreclosed house.

With a fruggin free ride from cheating the system while Obama pads your behind making himself look important.

That friggen idiot black president didn't help her one bit.
Thats because blacks are racists, I could care less if there WHERE slaves, get off it.

I see far more blacks on commercials on TV, lately, the white corporations are using you blacks all because you trapped yourselves into being a "black" and thought of as slaves.
Because YOU blacks voted for the "black" guy, total racist at it's core.

cry me a river.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eva wrote:
Make sure you take your own advice first...
How do you know I haven't? At least I've been involved with groups that are attempting to deal with racism while you and your family have done nothing but isolate yourselves. Racism is alive and well in the Black, Asian and Hispanic/Latino communities as well as the white community and Until EVERYONE realizes and admits that they have prejudices and act on them rather than pointing their fingers at everyone else, progress will be slow if any is made at all.
I'll leave you with this quote: "Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eva

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

That is a joke of a statement. If you are continually treated as inferior and second class ... then it makes you feel that there must be something to it. But then you are only treated second class when you are around those who feel that they are superior to other people all the time. If you want to work around the darker race of people; then you only need to qualify and apply for the low-wage jobs. Then you will be treated equal. But if you ever are to aspire to a higher paying job and find yourself amongst a race of people who portend, pretend to be superior then you if you are not of the same race as they can expect to be treated differently and even less than human. In fact, in reality, you will be punished just for showing up. That's like killing a baby just because it was born or shaking the baby to death because it cries incessantly.
After about 30 years of being treated as an inferior ...wow that's a whole lifetime. But you know it's only because you are in a place where you are in the minority.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eva wrote:
That is a joke of a statement. If you are continually treated as inferior and second class ... then it makes you feel that there must be something to it. But then you are only treated second class when you are around those who feel that they are superior to other people all the time. If you want to work around the darker race of people; then you only need to qualify and apply for the low-wage jobs. Then you will be treated equal. But if you ever are to aspire to a higher paying job and find yourself amongst a race of people who portend, pretend to be superior then you if you are not of the same race as they can expect to be treated differently and even less than human. In fact, in reality, you will be punished just for showing up.
If this were actually true, then no person of color would ever rise above where you say you are trapped when the fact is, many have. What is the difference between them and you?
sad

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gee how many shootings have there been on the SE side of GR? And isn't it blacks shooting other blacks? Hmmm.

The "demons" are in your head. You are your own worst enemy. Blacks today are doing more damage to themselves than "whitey" ever did. Was slavery wrong? Of course. It also ended 143 years ago. You were not a slave, nor were your parents and grandparents. And if you know history at all, you would understand that slavery wouldn't have stopped in this country - if not for other white people putting an end to it.

Many blacks today don't want equality. They want one set of rules for themselves and another set for whites. That didn't work before and it wont work now. I believe the only thing that will make people like eva and carolyn happy is for blacks to enslave whites.

Maybe you should put your energy toward horrendous human rights violations that are still occuring today, as opposed to garbage that happened 2 centuries ago. Are you aware that little girls in Africa are still being led to into the jungle to have their hymens cut out? No sterile conditions, no anesthesia, just held down and put under the knife. Frequently, the ones who don't die are left to live in constant pain.

So eva and carolyn, what are you doing to assist other humans in an effort to make the world a better place? I spend time and money trying to help girls in Afica get an education. Did you know that it's not safe for many of them to go to school? Many young African girls get raped and beaten just trying to go to school. The same thing happens to many girls and women in muslim countries.

It's time for all women of every color/religion to work together. Instead of whining about the atrocities that occured before your lifetimes, work to make a positive change. You don't have to be rich, you just have to have the right attitude and the desire to help someone else. If you are looking for racism -- you will always find it. If you look for common ground between whites and blacks -- you will find that too. But first you have to open your eyes and your hearts and let go of the hatred.
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

From what I see, hear and most certainly feel racism is alive and well throughout America. I also believe many who devoutly proclaim they are not racist in fact are... and only fooling themselves. There are many levels of racism but most people tend to consider it an "all or nothing" case. Then of course around GR, Musk., etc... We “generally” consider the black/white issue in the forefront. In some areas (around the US & West. Mich.) it is Mexican/white, Mexican/black, Asian/black, etc.... I am white and I admit, I am racist... to an extent. I understand “some” of the reasons for my feelings and some I continue to "work on" to understand. I'm sure others fall into my category or "level" of racism and try to understand why and/or what has brought them to this point of “inner conflict“ as well. A few small, but significant parts of my personal racial understanding as follows:

Born and raised for a few years in a somewhat highly populated Hispanic area, I have a bit more understanding of the basic Mexican "culture". Very rarely have I ever been intentionally made to feel uncomfortable around Mexican people and my level of “uncertainty” is minimal and my comfort range is fine. My only "qualm" is the accepted/condoned illegal workforce, subsidized by my tax dollars. This is often mistaken as racism. The desires and dilemmas these people face, I do have empathy. However, if our border was with a European nation and the illegal workers white, I would feel the same. Asian people, I have no idea of their “culture” save what I occasionally see and read. I cannot recall ever being “intentionally made” to feel uncomfortable around Asian people. The same holds for Middle Eastern people, etc.... Off and on, I have lived around black people more than any other race. These good or bad experiences are what have most affected my personal level of racism and, in all honesty, the bad experiences outweigh the good.

Living in Muskegon Heights for a time (1980’s, 99% black neighborhood), I was made to feel unwanted and looked upon as an intruder on foreign land. Not by older black folks but mostly by those under the age of 30 or so. My wife, baby daughter and myself were simply trying to survive and were just as poor (or more so) than our neighbors. Our feeling as though we were constantly walking on eggshells became the norm. We could not (even pushing a stroller) walk to the local park without some type of confrontation and intimidation. I am not speaking of just 1 or 2 local “street toughs”, but this particular area of the community in general. Just going to the local Plumbs store for milk was an invite for trouble and the feeling of being victimized at any given moment became all too real. On which side did racism fall here? Initially, I was completely open and somewhat hopeful to “learning” or a better understanding of a new or “different” culture, but not allowed and virtually persecuted because of my skin color. Eventually we “had” to move from our home before inevitable physical violence happened. Of course, this had a large influence on my current “personal” level of racism.
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Where I currently live, a (99%) white neighborhood, I often see black people strolling to the park, etc... and I am sure some may feel a bit uncomfortable, but I can virtually guarantee there will be no confrontations or attempts to make them feel unwanted or as undesirable as smallpox. I also believe the acceptance factor (or whatever you wish to call it) has risen much more so with white people than it has with blacks. To this day I am uncomfortable driving through certain areas of Muskegon. This is not the way it is supposed to be... but it is. The slavery issue is a whole different point wherein I can understand the feelings of unjust history (from a black perspective) but I do not feel it as a black person may. I do know that our understanding of human rights for all races has grown and continues to grow every day. I also know that people are human and humans are often faulty in their beliefs and willingness or desire to understand another’s viewpoint when it conflict with their own.

The reality is (my opinion), beyond everything else, I feel resentment in that I am often looked upon as if I myself owned slaves, promoted slavery or even turned a blind eye to the violations of human rights which were considered by some, acceptable. Yes, these “violations” did eventually include restricted human rights and so on... but I personally had no say in the matter, didn’t make the rules or try and promote “or slow” the segregation/desegregation of another human being. Yet, I am often held in contempt as if I had a direct hand in or condoned past injustices. Attempts to garner guilt, reparations or whatever (simply because I am white) falls on deaf ears and even more importantly, don‘t mistake my kindness for weakness. If we (any race) continue to admonish our fellow man for wrongs he/she had no part of, the stagnation of understanding remains mired and our growth as the “human race” is slowed.
Sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Awesome post Snomad!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jul 5, 2010
 
Snomad, that was a great post, and i have to agree, in that to a certain extent i am a racist also, but the really scary people, are often the ones who swear up and down that they aren't at all....

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 5, 2010
 
I agree - GREAT post Snomad! I do not seriously believe ANYONE has a bit of racism going for them. But I have to disagree a tiny bit with Go Blue ..... the scariest ones are the ones who perpetuate racism.
Vengeance is mine

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 21, 2011
 
I am going to just have to ask God to forgive you; because you do not know your history. It is very sad, because when you die, you are going straight to hell!
white wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right white people are almost as racist as blacks. Instead of you blacks looking for handouts and thinking that white people owe you a living. You should get off the welfare rolls and do something to contribute to society and the community instead of taking from it. Not white people or anyone else owes you a living. So get over it, shut , grow up and get a job.
Vengeance is mine

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 21, 2011
 
You know, I could through stone for stone, but I will not meet you at your low level. However, I will say this: your people have been the biggest killers and thieves on this planet. Also, your people also enslaved thier own people. Finally, more white people are on walfare then Black people. May God forgive you, because you need help. If you do not change your way of thinking, you are going to die and suffer the same hell that you and your people put in the African American race.
Vengeance is mine

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 21, 2011
 
I am going to just have to pray for you too. People like yourself, are the reason why Hell is inlarging its self daily. You are full of hate and evil. I hope that God changes your evil ways!!!
nowayno wrote:
I bet some black gets my sisters foreclosed house.
With a fruggin free ride from cheating the system while Obama pads your behind making himself look important.
That friggen idiot black president didn't help her one bit.
Thats because blacks are racists, I could care less if there WHERE slaves, get off it.
I see far more blacks on commercials on TV, lately, the white corporations are using you blacks all because you trapped yourselves into being a "black" and thought of as slaves.
Because YOU blacks voted for the "black" guy, total racist at it's core.
cry me a river.
Vengeance is mine

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Nov 21, 2011
 
People like yourself, are the reasons why Hell is enlarging its self daily; in order to make room for all of you evil thinking and acting people. What is wrong with you! I just finished up an college history class; in that class the book did not hide a thing about your people's past and current evil ways. Maybe you can't change you evil ways because you are cursed to the end. And that is a very mest up place to be. You will if you do not change,will wake up not in Heaven but in hell, with the very same demons that has been in you while you were with the living. See if they will help you our of the pit; I don't think so. So you better get down on you knees and pray to God for forgiveness!
five fifths

Southington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Nov 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Negroes are not Homo sapien. All Homo sapiens have neanderthal DNA but negroes do not.
Negroes are Homo erectus, a less evolved cousin to humans. Negroes share DNA with chimpanzees that Homo sapiens do not have.

Racism is the result of having experience in dealing with negroes. The IQ of the average negro in Africa is 40 points lower than the average white IQ. Most negroes will never be able to compete with whites due to having inferior brains. They are a parasitic sub-species.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••