Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#41 Nov 14, 2012
Sassy wrote:
The fact is Blue, they just hate Obama. He can do a good deed and they will still find fault with it. When he does something that doesn't sit well, they really go after him. It seems to be Bush had 11 embassy's attacked during his reign and 50 people killed. Yet we didn't hear a whole lot about that now did we.
<quoted text>
It was slightly more interesting, before the election....but now it's just sad and seemingly uninformed, almost like they don't want any recovery, cause it does'nt fit their scenario....strange....glad it's not about race....
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Nov 14, 2012
I know, here is another positive on jobs locally here in West Michigan.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_cou...
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It was slightly more interesting, before the election....but now it's just sad and seemingly uninformed, almost like they don't want any recovery, cause it does'nt fit their scenario....strange....glad it's not about race....

Location hidden

#43 Nov 14, 2012
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
See now, to me that would count as very good news, and even occuring during the time of the Obama administration...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#44 Nov 14, 2012
Sassy wrote:
The fact is Blue, they just hate Obama. He can do a good deed and they will still find fault with it.
Substitute the name 'Bush' and you have what you all behaved like for 8 years. And now you want to whine because everyone doesn't love Obama? LOL
Really

Holland, MI

#45 Nov 14, 2012
Sassy wrote:
The fact is Blue, they just hate Obama. He can do a good deed and they will still find fault with it. When he does something that doesn't sit well, they really go after him. It seems to be Bush had 11 embassy's attacked during his reign and 50 people killed. Yet we didn't hear a whole lot about that now did we.
<quoted text>
I don't "hate" Obama, and frankly, I am getting sick and tired of those of you on the left issuing that blanket statement. There are people who hate Obama, but just because we voted against him AND disagree with what he is attempting to do in this country doesn't mean we hate him or are racists. You want to racists? Look at St. Stevie and Bob. As for your comments about Bush, my, how interesting that Obama blamed Bush, YET AGAIN, for the issues the country has. So, when will HE be a man and take the blame for what he has done to screw up the country????? NEVER is my guess.
Really

Holland, MI

#46 Nov 14, 2012
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? When the employment outlook was good during Bush's term, we heard, "he's the POTUS, he has ZERO to do with Michigan's employment." NOW, because Obama is the POTUS, he gets credit for Michigan??? I don't flipping think so! You clowns and your wanting to have it both ways are just amazing!
Really

Holland, MI

#47 Nov 14, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It could never be MOST americans, since he was re-elected....most on this forum, is more correct....
Tell us Blue, what percentage of Americans voted for Romney??? Please don't rely on the BBC or ESPN to give you those numbers. The last number I saw was 47%. So, tell us, Blue, what is 47% of 3,000,000 people? That's 1,410,000 if my math is correct. He received over 50% of the popular vote, but not everyone voted FOR him. You, like him and his administration, are ignoring that other 47% of the country.
Really

Holland, MI

#48 Nov 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
I'm actually looking forward to a few of these backward right-to-work states leaving the country.
Maybe you WM baggers can get a job picking onions in Georgia next spring! Don't let the door hit ya!
Be careful what you wish for Bob. Who is going to pay for the $16 Trillion in debt if people are successful in seceding from the country?? You, Stevie, Blue, Ginger, Sassy, and the "rich"?? How can that be since you seem to think the only "rich" are Conservative and Republicans. Do you honestly think that there are only Conservative/Republicans that are rich??? What are you going to do about the OWS crowd? You remember them, they like to piss on police cars and create trash but not work don't you? You don't think they will go with a group that would demand they be held accountable for their actions and that they work do you??? I would love to see your faces if the states that want to secede are successful and you and Obama and the rest of the left realize that you are left with all the debt and ZERO way to pay it! Now THAT thought brings a huge smile to my face! LMAO
Lincoln Is Dead

Byron Center, MI

#49 Nov 14, 2012
Secession isn't the answer folks! We must fight and stop Obama and his communist masters from recruiting more stupid, freeloading people. We will have to fight this battle in the education system so that the evil ones will be unable to lure the youth into false promises. If the day should come to pass that we fail to give our children the correct upbringing, then the commies have one the battle on that front and we will have to take more drastic ends to secure our freedom.
Lincoln Is Still Dead

Byron Center, MI

#50 Nov 14, 2012
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#51 Nov 15, 2012
to be announced wrote:
FT i'm not asking you. I am asking in general, I have not heard one good reason why he deserved another chance.
My suggestion would be not to worry about it.

Move to Texas, start a brand new country, make your own rules!

I've got a couple of extra boxes if you need them for your packing.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#52 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, it's all 50 states Bob. Seems that after the 2004 AND the 2008 elections these same petitions appeared. How did that happen and no one heard anything about it then??? Because NOW 47% of the American people, or more, are distrusting of this administration. Seems you are playing ostrich again. Careful what you wish for OB.

Location hidden

#53 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, won't work for Michigan...a state, Obama won BIGGGGG......could'nt stop that, eh?...lol....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#54 Nov 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, won't work for Michigan...a state, Obama won BIGGGGG......could'nt stop that, eh?...lol....
I would just be interested to see what all of these so called patriots think would happen if any state was allowed to secede. It sounds like they think all of their problems would be immdeiately solved because they would somehow be in charge.

I guess there's not much chance we'd see anything close to the constitution the USA has, or else they'd have to let the same people who voted for Obama, vote in their new country too.
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

#55 Nov 15, 2012
Sound like they don't believe in democracy.

I heard that a state voted themselves into succession but a county didn't get their ways so they succeeded from the state but wait a township didn't get their way so they succeeded from the county. Wonder why congress doesn't get things done. Right here MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. REPUBS

Location hidden

#56 Nov 15, 2012
Freedom wrote:
Sound like they don't believe in democracy.
I heard that a state voted themselves into succession but a county didn't get their ways so they succeeded from the state but wait a township didn't get their way so they succeeded from the county. Wonder why congress doesn't get things done. Right here MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. REPUBS
Seem's like there should be a way, to make these disgruntled souls happy and keep the country intact...I know, why don't we have an expensive general election about, what the majority wan....What?...We did?....Oh, geez...i guess we just solved all these issues....perhaps it's time to try to agree on solutions, everyone can live with...you know, perhaps....
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#57 Nov 15, 2012
Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
I am sure you could find a few examples. It's politics.
However, it has been said that Obama is a great "unifier". I find that hard to believe due to what the evidence shows us. You know, there is something of an eerie parallel between Nixon's 1968 campaign and Obama. Nixon used the phrase "Bring Us Together" - ostensibly to make it appear as if Nixon was going to be a healer or unifier for the nation. How did that work out? When we read or listen to Obama's own words and see his actions, the paralells begin to develop. Let's reveiw a few quotes from Obama:
"I want to be the president of the United States of America."
In January of 2008 he told reporters of his wish to repair what he refered to government as "stuck in this deeply polarized pattern."
And here is a real doozy: "I'm not going to demonize you because you disagree with me… I don't think the Democrats have a monopoly on wisdom." Yet he ran his re-election campaign in the completely opposite direction full of vitriol and demonization.
"Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long." Yet, that is exactly how he and his administration govern. Oh sure, you might find some other quotes such as from Mitch McConell - I'll give you that, but this is the President and he needs to man up.
And what of his quote urging Latinos voters to "punish our enemies... reward our friends." Wait what did he say? That sounds pretty divisise to me.
Or - "Voting is the best revenge." Revenge? Revenge for what?
Virtually any time he has been presented the opprotunity to vilify a percieved enemy, he has done so. His inner "community organizer" just can't help it I think. It is the way he is wired.
Steelie
Steelie, you say Obama's re-election campaign was full of vitriol. What you on the right call vitriol was actually bringing Romney's business record into view. He chose to base his campaign on his business experience rather than his time as governor of Massachussets. So, is it vitriolic and divisive to bring up his business record? It was Romney who uttered his utterly divisive "47%" comment, so it's vitriolic for Obama to use that?

And as far as the divisiveness of the Republicans is concerned, I can do no better than the job John Stewart did this past summer:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/john-stewar...

Maybe Obama could have done a better job of buddying up to the Congressional Republicans, but the fact remains that they had the goal from day 1 to obstruct him at every turn. The individual mandate was first proposed by the Heritage Foundation. Romney used it in his health care plan. But let Obama use it and the Republicans line up against him. The Republicans talk about the need to reduce the taxes on small businesses, but last year blocked Obama's job creation bill which included many tax breaks for small businesses. The actions of the Congressional Republicans have been far more divisive than any words Obama has spoken.

And, if I'm not mistaken, in your first response you promised a list of the people Obama associated with. Obviously you decided to go in a different direction with your post. I'd still like to see that list.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#58 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just be interested to see what all of these so called patriots think would happen if any state was allowed to secede. It sounds like they think all of their problems would be immdeiately solved because they would somehow be in charge.
I guess there's not much chance we'd see anything close to the constitution the USA has, or else they'd have to let the same people who voted for Obama, vote in their new country too.
Well Bob, yesterday I came across a piece which made an interesting point. It seems that the states that started that petition nonsense were red states; states that get a higher return on the money they send to Washington than the blue states. In other words, for every dollar they send to the federal government they get money like $1.35 back. So, if they seceed they would lose out on that fedeal money---but I suppose they could apply for foreign aid.
Chip

Madison, WI

#59 Nov 15, 2012
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Bob, yesterday I came across a piece which made an interesting point. It seems that the states that started that petition nonsense were red states; states that get a higher return on the money they send to Washington than the blue states. In other words, for every dollar they send to the federal government they get money like $1.35 back. So, if they seceed they would lose out on that fedeal money---but I suppose they could apply for foreign aid.
Well thanks for providing the link to your sad line of BS. I'm sure the people of texas who pay 0 state income taxes wouldn't mind paying a little in exchange for no federal taxes.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#60 Nov 15, 2012
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks for providing the link to your sad line of BS. I'm sure the people of texas who pay 0 state income taxes wouldn't mind paying a little in exchange for no federal taxes.
Don't get upset Chip. The libs don't feel the need to support their arguments with links. We are just supposed to take their word for it. It's a learned behavior. They learned it from Obama who uses fuzzy math and excuses on a daily basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 4 hr Baphomet 2
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 5 hr rt james 7
WZZM13 - Investigators say a 16 year old boy ad... (Jun '07) 7 hr Brian 18
welcome to the new black america 14 hr From The Chief 4
pope-a-dope 16 hr bobolinq 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 20 hr Go Blue Forever 1,492
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 20 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST