|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Bengal Cats wrote:
Great choice, McCain -- a supposedly moral woman and her 17-year old daughter (unwed) is preggers. How many more scandals can we expect from her?
The Daily Kos is the ONLY source for this false report and yet you seem more than willing to spread the blatantly untrue story. This is the only way libs can try and win now, it's hilarious!

Even more funny is we already just allow for the libs failings because it's just SOP for them and nothing they do like, pal up to terrorists (Ayers), is to much for them. It just shows how pathetically weak on all fronts they are. Keep up the good work Kitty Cat.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Good Day,

The story has been confirmed by CNN and the Palins have released a statement published on the CNN website confirming the pregnancy. They have also just posted a story that her husband has a past DWI arrest from 1984 which has been confirmed by the McCain camp today.

Will this be the end of it? Highly unlikely. The digging has only just begun. Some news outlets are also digging up old news broadcasts where she either mis-spoke or the telepromter failed. How many times have we seen that on local and national news? It happens to the best. Ah yes, the politics of personal destruction. A play right out of the Clinton hand book.

But are these two stories really going to be damaging? Unlikely. Let us look at a few examples. Our own President, Bush, if I remember correctly also has a past DWI arrest, correct? Or that Cheney has a daughter who is an outed lesbian. That didn't seem to become much of an issue even though the media attempted to make hay of it.

As some one mentioned earlier, the candidates on the Democratic side agreed not to attack family members. That was during primary season. And, the media is not a candidate. Although we know that for the most part they do lean toward the liberal left. So stories like this should be no suprise.

As for the various candidates. Although I may not trust him as a politician, I believe Obama has enough class to not bring this into a negative light. I could be wrong, but he doesn't really seem the type. Biden however, well, he does have a propensity to say things without really thinking first.

So don't be suprised if soon we start to see reports on grade point averages, speeding tickets, and other seemingly benign stories that happen to every day people. Just keep one thing in mind... it's politics baby.

Steelie

Since: Jun 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

KAW wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were truely a supporter, you would have seen it already...jumping on the band wagon a little late?
KAW, no need to be rude. Some things just come in a timeline naturally. Just because someone did not see/read something you have,does not cause them to be less than you. Your comments are usually mean. BTW - Palin/McCain for the win!(ladies first,lol)
DIRTY FRANK

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

MCCAIN AND PALIN , WELL I CAN HARDLY WAIT IF THEY GET IN THE WHITE HOUSE, THE SCANDAL STORIES FROM THE OVAL OFFICE,,,,,,,,LOL
DIRTY FRANK

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

I BET BILL CLINTON WAS CHECKIN PALIN OUT , BET HE VISITS HER IN THE WHITE HOUSE.........
no Kool-Aid here

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Bengal Cats wrote:
Great choice, McCain -- a supposedly moral woman and her 17-year old daughter (unwed) is preggers. How many more scandals can we expect from her?
Probably a lot less than the Clintons. Ah, yes...Democrats...the party that brought us oral s e x in the White House and are now acting morally offended at a teen pregnancy? What a load of hypocrites.
Batch37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
The story has been confirmed by CNN and the Palins have released a statement published on the CNN website confirming the pregnancy. They have also just posted a story that her husband has a past DWI arrest from 1984 which has been confirmed by the McCain camp today.
Will this be the end of it? Highly unlikely. The digging has only just begun. Some news outlets are also digging up old news broadcasts where she either mis-spoke or the telepromter failed. How many times have we seen that on local and national news? It happens to the best. Ah yes, the politics of personal destruction. A play right out of the Clinton hand book.
But are these two stories really going to be damaging? Unlikely. Let us look at a few examples. Our own President, Bush, if I remember correctly also has a past DWI arrest, correct? Or that Cheney has a daughter who is an outed lesbian. That didn't seem to become much of an issue even though the media attempted to make hay of it.
As some one mentioned earlier, the candidates on the Democratic side agreed not to attack family members. That was during primary season. And, the media is not a candidate. Although we know that for the most part they do lean toward the liberal left. So stories like this should be no suprise.
As for the various candidates. Although I may not trust him as a politician, I believe Obama has enough class to not bring this into a negative light. I could be wrong, but he doesn't really seem the type. Biden however, well, he does have a propensity to say things without really thinking first.
So don't be suprised if soon we start to see reports on grade point averages, speeding tickets, and other seemingly benign stories that happen to every day people. Just keep one thing in mind... it's politics baby.
Steelie
Steelie,

I think attacks about the pregnancy has a huge potential to back fire on the liberals. The family is a blue collar traditional American family with everyday dealings with life. If the elitists want to use this then I say bring it on because most Conservatives are hard working and care for their families with and without all the problems that come up.
Mont Tucky

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

I had hopet that Mitt would have been his pick, however the more I read about Palin, her past, her family and her current issues with her daughters pregnancy, I think she might be exactly what America needs in a Vice Presidential partner. They have my vote now!!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

A "real" American family!!! The ups and downs, the challenges, the community involvement, the religious belief system (albeit not my own), the son in the Army, and hard working husband (oh goodness, bite my tongue,he perhaps had some drinks, well duh),... I think they are probably exactly what us "real" families in American need. They have my vote and everyone else's I can hopefully persuade as well.
Batch37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

ShouldaWouldaCoulda wrote:
A "real" American family!!! The ups and downs, the challenges, the community involvement, the religious belief system (albeit not my own), the son in the Army, and hard working husband (oh goodness, bite my tongue,he perhaps had some drinks, well duh),... I think they are probably exactly what us "real" families in American need. They have my vote and everyone else's I can hopefully persuade as well.
God Bless America and all it's challenges and values.

“1 John 4:4”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Bengal Cats wrote:
A 17 year old girl getting pregnant is a scandal?
LMBO, you can't be real.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Bengal Cats wrote:
Yeah, I've never heard of a family having to deal with a pregnant daughter... NOT. Why is it that Chelsey was "off-limits" but now it's open season on candidates children? I guess the pro-choice crowd really wishes she would just abort the pregnancy right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

I didn't influence my daughter when I took her to her first vote. She came right out and asked me who to vote for, and said go for what you believe in.
oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal, so over the top you don't even have a clue. Your statement is pathetically ridiculous. Every single parent since time began has in some way 'influenced' their kid, are you proposing charging all parents with child abuse? Then there's the fact that 18 and 19 year olds aren't children. I know, liberals can't deal with facts...
haha

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

It's over for McCain Palin. The latest news about her teenage daughter being knocked up shows she's not such a great mom. She should be at home more taking care of her special-needs son and making sure her daughter was educated on birth control...... oh , wait, Palin supports "abstinence only" programs in public schools. That works so well. What a great mom. Republican "family values" at their finest!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Most liberals and democrats are the same way. However, you are in the public eye it is going to come out. I really liked John Edwards and I was very disappointed about his affiar. Was it a family issue? Yes it was. Do I still think he would have done a great job as the President? Yes I do. However, when in public office or say a teacher you are held to a certain moral standing. Sorry to say that means your children too. Look at that Caledonia teacher just popped for cocaine. Is he a great teacher? Probably. Was he on his own personal time? Yes he was. However, he is held to a certain moral standing in his contract. We should expect that from all of our politicians no matter what party.
Batch37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Steelie,
I think attacks about the pregnancy has a huge potential to back fire on the liberals. The family is a blue collar traditional American family with everyday dealings with life. If the elitists want to use this then I say bring it on because most Conservatives are hard working and care for their families with and without all the problems that come up.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

I have to admit, I'm impressed with Obama's response to this story about Palin's daughter. He called it irrelevant and a private family matter that has no place in the election politics, which of course it is.
Batch37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Hurley35 wrote:
I have to admit, I'm impressed with Obama's response to this story about Palin's daughter. He called it irrelevant and a private family matter that has no place in the election politics, which of course it is.
Any kid can make a mistake.
Question is what to do about it.. I like this family response
woodsprite53058

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Hurley35 wrote:
A man of true class.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Good Day,

As I stated in a previous post somewhere... I hoped this would be his response. Although I do not trust him as a politician, he did seem to me to be a man of class. However, this won't stop the media. Or at least much of it.

Steelie
Batch37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

woodsprite53058 wrote:
<quoted text> A man of true class.
And not ready to lead as a soup dispenser......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 21 min BH uses Pretzel Logic 762
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 11 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) 21 hr My Son My Son 38
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Matt from Columbus 1,273
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Jul 26 rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••