First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 30, 2008
Your laughable choice for VP seals the deal. You will gain 'zero' votes with your selection.

It was fun playing.
TIS

Louisville, CO

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Not to mention the "Bounce" that will never happen!! This is making my whole weekend...Gotta love a good joke and McCain/Palin is a great joke!!

~Obama/Biden '08~
CHAD

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Aug 30, 2008
I'm voting for McCain. I don't know how I feel about his VP choice. I was hoping he would choose Lieberman.
Sick of stupid people

Canton, MI

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Actually, he gained several. Myself included. My daughters (ages 18 & 19) will be voting for McCain/Palin as well. There's three more votes right there.(We weren't even going to vote until this announcement came out.) LOVE HER!!!

“1 John 4:4”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Sick of stupid people wrote:
Actually, he gained several. Myself included. My daughters (ages 18 & 19) will be voting for McCain/Palin as well. There's three more votes right there.(We weren't even going to vote until this announcement came out.) LOVE HER!!!
I am doing a happy dance. By election day I will surely be doing the slower happy dance but I'll still be dancing!!

Who is Sarah Palin is what I said when I heard the news.
I found out quickly who she is and she is going to be the next Vice President and one day I'm certain she'll be the President too.

What an outstanding lady she is.
I love her too.
She's like the lady next door you go have coffee with .... but better!!

McCain/Palin all the way!!
TIS

Louisville, CO

#6 Aug 30, 2008
You don't KNOW her...What's to love?!

~Obama/Biden '08~
whats going on

Haslett, MI

#7 Aug 30, 2008
Sick of stupid people,
Give it time you may very well like yourself again.
McCains choice for VP is called reaching!!
TIS

Louisville, CO

#8 Aug 30, 2008
whats going on wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick of stupid people,
Give it time you may very well like yourself again.
McCains choice for VP is called reaching!!
Nah...It's called "Really Reaching"!!

Location hidden

#9 Aug 30, 2008
TIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...It's called "Really Reaching"!!
No, it's called "Reaching, Grabbing & Holding On"

Will the next Vice President please step forward .... and the crowd cheers for Saraah Palin!! Whhoooo Hoooo
KAW

Lansing, MI

#10 Aug 30, 2008
When I heard his pick, I immediately said he just slit his own throat.....she's facing impeachment for an Ethics violation, search the web..they are calling it "Troopergate" here's the link "Stupid People"
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpo...
It's in the Washington Post
KAW

Lansing, MI

#11 Aug 30, 2008
your an idiot

read on
Onedoer

Utica, MI

#13 Aug 30, 2008
I think your influencing your daughters qualifies as child abuse. The neat thing is they can vote without you in the booth.
KAW

Lansing, MI

#14 Aug 30, 2008
here's more.....from the Anchorage Press
Anatomy of a scandal
At this stage of Wootengate—eight days since the allegations started flying—an investigation by the legislature into conflicting statements between former Department of Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan and Governor Sarah Palin seems inevitable. Really, it can’t happen soon enough.
One of the two seems to be lying to the public. Last Friday, a day into the jousting, Monegan said that he’d been pressured by Todd Palin and members of the Palin administration to fire Trooper Mike Wooten, the Governor’s former brother-in-law. That evening, Sharon Leighow, the Governor’s spokesperson, emailed me,“at no time did Todd Palin or anyone from the administration pressure Commissioner Monegan to fire Trooper Wooten.”
It’s pretty cut-and-dry. An investigation is needed to illuminate whether the Governor and her administration abused the power of her office to interfere in trooper personnel matters, and also whether she or Monegan lied in the aftermath of the supposed revelations.
While we’re left with this cliffhanger and a continuing barrage of accusations from both sides, it’s interesting to look at how the scandal developed. It played out in the media via a series of blogs, single-outlet interviews and a couple of press conferences, with the storyline getting murkier at every turn.
According to Halcro, he was initially examining why Monegan was dismissed from his post as Commissioner of DPS, focusing on budget disputes between the Commissioner and the Governor. Then he received a call last Wednesday morning from someone saying he should speak to Trooper Wooten. He called Wooten, spoke to him for about a half-hour, then called his sources to see if Wooten was credible—“I wasn’t interested, obviously, in chasing any rabbit trails,” he says. He felt comfortable with what he heard, so he got together with Wooten Wednesday night for nearly four hours, going through Wooten’s court transcripts, personnel file, and trooper investigation file.
Thursday morning about 1 a.m. Halcro posted a lengthy entry on his blog, alleging that both the budget disparities and the Wooten issue had led to Monegan being dismissed. At the time, Monegan wouldn’t talk about Wooten or DPS personnel matters.
Thursday afternoon, Public Safety Employees Association Executive Director John Cyr called a press conference and released the troopers’ investigations of Wooten to the media. This seemed like a response to the uproar resulting from Halcro’s blog post, but it wasn’t. Halcro says that when he spoke to Wooten Wednesday, the trooper told him that he’d already authorized his attorney and his union to release any and all documents related to him to the media. The documents didn’t make Wooten out to be an angel—on the contrary, he sounds like a prick—but still, if the Governor pressured Monegan to fire Wooten when the troopers had already dealt with his infractions, and subsequently fired Monegan because he didn’t take action against Wooten, that would be an abuse of her power.
Monegan still wasn’t talking. Friday morning the Governor went on the Bob & Mark Show on 106.5 KWHL (an exceptionally friendly venue), and addressed that allegation, saying,“Walt Monegan, he knows that as well; he was never directed to fire any individual. To be accused of that, that is a lie.”

—Brendan Joel Kelly
Sick of stupid people

Canton, MI

#15 Aug 30, 2008
KAW wrote:
<quoted text>
your an idiot
read on
Is that it? i watched the video and she welcomes any investigation that they want to do. Did you watch the video? This to me seems like a weak argument. Please don't call me an idiot. I will not call you names for your opinion. Thanks for reading.

Location hidden

#16 Aug 30, 2008
<quoted text>Is that it? i watched the video and she welcomes any investigation that they want to do. Did you watch the video? This to me seems like a weak argument. Please don't call me an idiot. I will not call you names for your opinion. Thanks for reading.
Thank you for sharing that video!! That makes me love her more!!
oh please

Attica, OH

#17 Aug 30, 2008
Onedoer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your influencing your daughters qualifies as child abuse. The neat thing is they can vote without you in the booth.
Typical liberal, so over the top you don't even have a clue. Your statement is pathetically ridiculous. Every single parent since time began has in some way 'influenced' their kid, are you proposing charging all parents with child abuse? Then there's the fact that 18 and 19 year olds aren't children. I know, liberals can't deal with facts...
KAW

Lansing, MI

#18 Aug 30, 2008
of course I watched it..........very shady...sure more is to come. She has NO Foriegn Policy experience, 9 years ago she was just a "soccer mom"...BAD IDEA! you said it One Doer...FYI, I have always voted Rep. in the past, I supported Bush up til about 3 years ago...McCain will destroy this country financially and globally.
Sick of stupid people

Canton, MI

#19 Aug 30, 2008
TIS wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't KNOW her...What's to love?!
~Obama/Biden '08~
She seems to have a real go get 'em attitude and she's not gonna take anyone's bull. Granted, i don't know alot about her, but since the announcement I have googled several articles and I'm impressed. I can't wait to see the debates but I think she'll shut Biden down. Just my opinion.
KAW

Lansing, MI

#20 Aug 30, 2008
lilaclady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that video!! That makes me love her more!!
If you were truely a supporter, you would have seen it already...jumping on the band wagon a little late?
Sick of stupid people

Canton, MI

#21 Aug 30, 2008
Onedoer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, can you have an intelligent debate about political issues without insulting people? Your views cannot be taken seriously if they are followed by obnoxious statements. By the way, my girls are 19 and 20. Pretty sure "child abuse" wouldn't apply.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 4 hr Summer from az 192
Local News Women (Apr '09) 21 hr Anonymous 2,967
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jul 18 Natalia Loda 1,184
News Zeeland teacher fired after inappropriate behav... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Chix lay better 50
News Teen shot by police on probation for earlier sh... Jul 17 Guess 3
Draft dodger Ted Nugent coming to gr. Jul 17 Blubbery whale 1
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Jul 15 Grim Reaper 482

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages