'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far Mo...

'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far More Jobless

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 3, 2012
Good Day,

Oh that pesky U6...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48468748

Steelie
Mark

Rockford, MI

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Don't worry, yesterday's jobs number will be revised next month down about 40%. Happens almost every month. The real dichotomy is that there were actually 155,000 less people employed last month, than the month before.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Aug 4, 2012
[Election battleground states paint a picture not much more flattering. Florida's U-6 number is an ugly 17 percent, though Pennsylvania and Ohio are both around 14 percent, below the national U-6 average.]

But according to Go Blue's opinion, everything "looks" great down in Florida, so why pay attention to facts?

The point is, those that vote for Obama will simply ignore the jobless numbers and opt for the more subjective opinion - "but I saw road construction going on so the economy must be improving"...

or equally as naive ...

"Obama inherited a mess and he just needs more time to implement his strategy to turn everything around".

An argument could be made that Romney will fair just as poorly in today's partisan atmosphere (and you can bet your butt the left will make sure he has as much opposition as possible), but in speaking with many business-owners, they just want Obama gone before they feel safe in spending. A Romney election win will usher in a growth in hiring and corporate expansion, even if it has nothing to do with his economic plan, whether he has a good long-term plan or a bad one.

“Often imitated...poorl y”

Just east of Lyra.

#4 Aug 4, 2012
Diggs wrote:
[Election battleground states paint a picture not much more flattering. Florida's U-6 number is an ugly 17 percent, though Pennsylvania and Ohio are both around 14 percent, below the national U-6 average.]
But according to Go Blue's opinion, everything "looks" great down in Florida, so why pay attention to facts?
The point is, those that vote for Obama will simply ignore the jobless numbers and opt for the more subjective opinion - "but I saw road construction going on so the economy must be improving"...
or equally as naive ...
"Obama inherited a mess and he just needs more time to implement his strategy to turn everything around".
An argument could be made that Romney will fair just as poorly in today's partisan atmosphere (and you can bet your butt the left will make sure he has as much opposition as possible), but in speaking with many business-owners, they just want Obama gone before they feel safe in spending. A Romney election win will usher in a growth in hiring and corporate expansion, even if it has nothing to do with his economic plan, whether he has a good long-term plan or a bad one.
Pssst... you looking to buy a bridge?
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Aug 5, 2012
Cyclops Rex wrote:
<quoted text>Pssst... you looking to buy a bridge?
Your posts bore me, Rex. You have limited material and we've heard it all before. Now go bite someone else's ankles, boy ... shoo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated...poorl y”

Just east of Lyra.

#6 Aug 5, 2012
Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts bore me, Rex. You have limited material and we've heard it all before. Now go bite someone else's ankles, boy ... shoo.
You're right. Truth does not require much embellishment. I am glad I bore you enough to respond....
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Aug 5, 2012
Cyclops Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Truth does not require much embellishment. I am glad I bore you enough to respond....
1 unlit bulb, 1 spam, 1 disagree x-mark.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Aug 5, 2012
What the hell, let's throw in a dirty peanut while we're at it and a long line of zzzzzz's.
If you think repeating the same three opinions over and over somehow constitutes "truth", you truly are a peanut. lol
Really

Hopkins, MI

#9 Aug 5, 2012
Cyclops Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rex..here's an article from Forbes about one of the countries you think is so grand..Sweden and what they are doing to combat the economic crises in their country. Wonder if it would work here?? http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattkibbe/2012/08...

Location hidden

#10 Aug 6, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rex..here's an article from Forbes about one of the countries you think is so grand..Sweden and what they are doing to combat the economic crises in their country. Wonder if it would work here?? http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattkibbe/2012/08...
Good Day,

Great article...

Steelie
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rex..here's an article from Forbes about one of the countries you think is so grand..Sweden and what they are doing to combat the economic crises in their country. Wonder if it would work here?? http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattkibbe/2012/08...
Lit bulb, star and a thumbs-up for that post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Aug 7, 2012
Why are you worried and your need to comment on being judged? The forum is open to all.
Diggs wrote:
What the hell, let's throw in a dirty peanut while we're at it and a long line of zzzzzz's.
If you think repeating the same three opinions over and over somehow constitutes "truth", you truly are a peanut. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 3 hr Grim Reaper 2,632
Gorilla Shot Dead 21 hr Joe Balls 2
News Alleged Salvation Army poser who invaded home, ... Sun Go Blue Forever 1
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP Sun Go Blue Forever 12
Poll Worst celebrity ever May 24 Idea Maker 7
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! May 24 Idea Maker 23
News Book about boy in dress causes stir at Michigan... May 24 Idea Maker 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages