Construction worker hurt near highway

Construction worker hurt near highway

There are 21 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Construction worker hurt near highway. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A construction worker was injured on the job Tuesday at a site near I-196 and 28th Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jim

Zeeland, MI

#1 Aug 26, 2008
And in other news a child was injured while playing at a site near I-196 and 28th Street.

The injury was at a site not on the highway. No other details are known.

So why report this if you can't really tell us anything. It sounds as though it has nothing to do with the highway but the headline makes it sound like a road construction worker was hit. Give me real news and not a headline with no details.

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 26, 2008
Jim, I couldn't agree more. When I first read this, I thought why in the world did someone even bother posting this online? I try not to put down the news stations but this is really a little bit ridiculous.

Just fill us in when you have all the details.
DRT2322

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Aug 26, 2008
The report didn't say anything about a child - it said that a construction worker was injured on the job at a sight near the highway. But you're right - more information would be nice.
jim wrote:
And in other news a child was injured while playing at a site near I-196 and 28th Street.
The injury was at a site not on the highway. No other details are known.
So why report this if you can't really tell us anything. It sounds as though it has nothing to do with the highway but the headline makes it sound like a road construction worker was hit. Give me real news and not a headline with no details.
julie

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2008
I agree with Jim - seems like News 8 gets a little blurb of something and RUNS WITH IT!!! Don't bother checking anything for accuracy or truth, just get it on the news! So typical of much of their reporting. Lame!
Old Rocker

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Aug 26, 2008
Another "In Depth" news report by news 8.
Get some police out there

Holland, MI

#6 Aug 26, 2008
I agree that this report lacks details and doesn't seem to be newsworthy. Now I wish no harm on anyone but maybe if the construction worker was hurt by/on the highway the Police would actually enforce the speed limit there. Every day I'm nearly rear ended because people still want to go 75 to 80 mph through there!

Oh wait! Someone was killed just outside of the construction zone a few weeks ago and they still didn't do anything about the speeders. I'm so glad to see my tax dollars hard at work!
jim

Zeeland, MI

#7 Aug 26, 2008
DRT2322 - That's called sarcasim. Read my post again. I was making a dig at WOOD TV for their lack of information and misleading headline on this story and so many others.
not another penny 4Jenny

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2008
Thank the leadership of this state for the job cuts - you'll be blown away.......
DRT2322

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Aug 26, 2008
Misunderstood, as everything else except for the child part was exactly the same as the story.(Sarcasim is also difficult to pick up in writing) I apologize - you didn't need to be rude.
jim wrote:
DRT2322 - That's called sarcasim. Read my post again. I was making a dig at WOOD TV for their lack of information and misleading headline on this story and so many others.
jim

Zeeland, MI

#10 Aug 26, 2008
Sorry if you thought I was rude. Not my intention. Just wanted you to understand what I had posted. You are correct that sarcasim is hard to write. So much better in person. Please accept my apology.
DRT2322

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Accepted - thank you. Just like sarcasim is difficult to hear in writing, so is tone.
jim wrote:
Sorry if you thought I was rude. Not my intention. Just wanted you to understand what I had posted. You are correct that sarcasim is hard to write. So much better in person. Please accept my apology.
casual observer

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Aug 26, 2008
They do it so that Suze can open her eyes reallllllly big tonight and say News 8 was the first to report this incident!!!!!
djc

Portage, MI

#13 Aug 26, 2008
casual observer wrote:
They do it so that Suze can open her eyes reallllllly big tonight and say News 8 was the first to report this incident!!!!!
And that she's not nosy... she's curious :)
stroosinator

Deerfield, IL

#14 Aug 26, 2008
casual observer wrote:
She can't POSSIBLY look anything more like a turtle when she does that.
Paul

United States

#15 Aug 26, 2008
I can see it now for the next week we'll see promotions for news8 that they were the first on the scene with this breaking news.
Pat Who Cares

Enterprise, AL

#16 Aug 26, 2008
stroosinator wrote:
<quoted text>
She can't POSSIBLY look anything more like a turtle when she does that.
She is an enthusiastic news reporter & I love it . Better than boring 13 or 3 .....
Randall

Riverside, CA

#17 Aug 26, 2008
Very surprised this wasn't "Breaking News." I am SO sick of that!
JoBama will save him

Holland, MI

#18 Aug 26, 2008
If we elect JoBama, he will take care of this construction worker for the rest of his life. In fact, JoBama will take care of all of us by taking money from those big bad rich people and companies and just spread it around so we can sit on our butts and worship him. I can't wait!!
Karen Spring lake

United States

#19 Aug 26, 2008
On the same note, I am an ems worker and can not tell you how many close calls we get each day because of vehicle drivers who do not pay attention, several ems workers each year get killed. I was almost killed last year by a
snow plow and still get chills when I see these trucks.
froggy log

Coldwater, MI

#20 Aug 26, 2008
I always knew that was a dangerous job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosa parks bad idea 7 hr Mandingo 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Sat a commenter 1,189
Warning: *****Mutt & Jeff Painting is a scam Fri Mark 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri WMNewsFan 3,023
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
White males are weak. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Sep 13 Marlene K 17

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages