“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#41 Jun 5, 2009
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
that's it! Topix get together at Grand Haven beach! Mainly MEAT and possibly a few veggies!
Count me in

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#42 Jun 5, 2009
Me too! Steaks, shrimp and chicken legs!

BBQ!!

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#43 Jun 5, 2009
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
that's it! Topix get together at Grand Haven beach! Mainly MEAT and possibly a few veggies!
Yes. That is an excccccelent idea.

meat kabobs. barbecued chicken. buffalo steaks. pulled pork sandwiches. grilled burgers.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Saranac, MI

#44 Jun 5, 2009
Roast beef on PETA bread.

Pretty soon we won't be allowed to kill insects.
Dennis

Austin, TX

#45 Jun 5, 2009
baseball wrote:
I could not resist this one! They just never quit!
GRAND HAVEN -- If PETA can't protect horses in Holland, the animal rights organization is going to try to hook the public on safeguarding fish in Grand Haven.
The national group on Wednesday asked the National Park Service if it could take control of the iconic Grand Haven lighthouses, where it would serve faux fish sticks in a cafe there and inform people about the alleged torment fish endure when hooked or netted.
Earlier this year, the park service declared the Grand Haven lights were available under the National Lighthouse Preservation Act, which allows the transfer of ownership to groups to preserve the beacons.
A representative for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said the light would serve as the national headquarters for its fish empathy project.
The center would display a 300-square-foot quilt that pays tribute to the billions of fish needlessly killed for their flesh or abused by anglers, PETA said. The group also would open a cafe at the lighthouses serving faux fish sticks and other vegetarian dishes.
And every visitor 12 and under will be given a free plush toy fish emblazoned with the tagline "Fish Are Friends, Not Food!"
PETA has tried unsuccessfully to snare other lighthouses, which are available to federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit corporations and community development organizations.
Peta people hate logic. What do they eat- if they are 100% vegan. PLANTS. Plants that use animals and humans use to breath, eat, etc. So, the next time one gets particuallat nasty, tell them to jump off a cliff and die- that's more plants for the animals (and us!).
A much longer version of this is coming up when I get the time. Give them hell.
momma marie

Sparta, MI

#46 Jun 6, 2009
Roast beef on Peta bread sounds yummy.
Rejects

United States

#47 Jun 6, 2009
Not sure if this was ever talked about. Years ago Peta was doing a protest outside of a K.F.C. When a customer came outside with a bucket of chicken, the peta protester threw a bucket of real chicken blood on the customer. How sick is that?

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#48 Jun 6, 2009
Rejects wrote:
Not sure if this was ever talked about. Years ago Peta was doing a protest outside of a K.F.C. When a customer came outside with a bucket of chicken, the peta protester threw a bucket of real chicken blood on the customer. How sick is that?
My first question would be: Where did you get the chicken blood?

My next question would be: What are you going to use to get the blood out of your clothes from that unfortunate nosebleed you just developed?
Rejects

United States

#49 Jun 6, 2009
I didn't do it spartanman, it was on a radio news program. I have no idea were they got the blood, and how they got it out. I hate peta and think they are nothing more the a legal terrorist organization. I for one love to go fishing and they won't stop either.
Mom in Jenison

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#50 Jun 6, 2009
spartanman wrote:
<quoted text>
My first question would be: Where did you get the chicken blood?
My next question would be: What are you going to use to get the blood out of your clothes from that unfortunate nosebleed you just developed?
The chicken blood was okay because it was being used for a "good cause." The chickens who supplied it are martyrs, and will be assured a place in Chicken Heaven.(The pesky detail that they were not willing participants will be glossed over in the glory of their sacrifice.)

One can only hope that all those breasts, legs, and wings didn't go to waste. Mmmm... BBQ...

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Cannonsburg, MI

#51 Jun 6, 2009
If they get the lighthouse lets have a pig roast at the end of the pier for a Topix party.
And of course everyone bring a fishing pole, and live minnows for bait.
DaBadNeko

United States

#52 Jun 6, 2009
Peta is a scam!

They don't really save animals...

They con old folks into giving them money!

And a lot of the things they have done to save animals was cruel...

Like invading fur farms and letting mink loose into the wild so they could starve to death!

They are in it for the money!

“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Since: Jan 09

Grandville, MI

#53 Jun 6, 2009
DTAL wrote:
PETA members are Communists. I can't wait until the day they come walking into my woods telling me not to hunt. Deer won't be the only thing in my scope!
DTOM
I agree!

“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Since: Jan 09

Grandville, MI

#54 Jun 6, 2009
PETA is a bunch of people that don't have a clue! "People have been fishing for as long as history has been writin" Just call me a fishing terrorist!

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#55 Jun 6, 2009
Red_Fist wrote:
If they get the lighthouse lets have a pig roast at the end of the pier for a Topix party.
And of course everyone bring a fishing pole, and live minnows for bait.
And worms!!! We can do the 'help me' and the little screams when we put them on the hook!
momma marie

Sparta, MI

#56 Jun 7, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
PETA is a bunch of people that don't have a clue! "People have been fishing for as long as history has been writin" Just call me a fishing terrorist!
I know I will get slammed for this but hear goes.
During one of his sermons to a huge following. Jesus fed the multitude with 5 fish and 2 loves of bread.
When Jesus was preparing for his ministry he called two of his deciples away from their fishing nets and said "Come I will make you fishers of Men"
Nuf Said.
OBAMA

United States

#57 Jun 9, 2009
I will eat fish, when I want, how I want it, and often as I want to.....

PETA can suck the snotty end of a screw stick!!!!!

“91 Whiskey”

Grand Rapids

#58 Jun 9, 2009
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum!!!!
it's been a long time since I've had any smoked salmon! Might have to reintroduce myself to the Big O Smokehouse!
I regret to inform you that Big O Smokehouse is now El O Tacohouse or something along those lines.

“91 Whiskey”

Grand Rapids

#59 Jun 9, 2009
IF this goes through, the Coasties and the Sheriffs office will have their hands full.

Grand Rapids

#60 Jun 9, 2009
Kevz wrote:
<quoted text>I regret to inform you that Big O Smokehouse is now El O Tacohouse or something along those lines.
Not according to their website ;)
They may have moved though
http://www.bigosmokehouse.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 1,767
News TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT: Roof Melt (Jan '08) 11 hr gaga2 72
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... 17 hr Sneaky Pete 6
News When to consider hip replacement surgery Fri Jane Fairfax 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Kobe 2,356
Mystery shopping in Grand Rapids? Mar 25 Mrs C 2
News 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where? Mar 25 MiYankee 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance