Since: May 08

Muskegon,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

I could not resist this one! They just never quit!

GRAND HAVEN -- If PETA can't protect horses in Holland, the animal rights organization is going to try to hook the public on safeguarding fish in Grand Haven.

The national group on Wednesday asked the National Park Service if it could take control of the iconic Grand Haven lighthouses, where it would serve faux fish sticks in a cafe there and inform people about the alleged torment fish endure when hooked or netted.

Earlier this year, the park service declared the Grand Haven lights were available under the National Lighthouse Preservation Act, which allows the transfer of ownership to groups to preserve the beacons.

A representative for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said the light would serve as the national headquarters for its fish empathy project.

The center would display a 300-square-foot quilt that pays tribute to the billions of fish needlessly killed for their flesh or abused by anglers, PETA said. The group also would open a cafe at the lighthouses serving faux fish sticks and other vegetarian dishes.

And every visitor 12 and under will be given a free plush toy fish emblazoned with the tagline "Fish Are Friends, Not Food!"

PETA has tried unsuccessfully to snare other lighthouses, which are available to federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit corporations and community development organizations.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

And how many PETA members are going to end up in either the channel or the lake when they tell fishers they can't fish off of a public pier?

Did you hear the whack job on Mouth 2 Mouth on Wood Radio this morning? LMAO!

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Those PETA people all belong in the nut house!

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

People Eating Tasty Animals.

Vegetables make a tasty side dish.

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

I had smoked salmon for dinner tonight.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, PETA.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

little-me wrote:
I had smoked salmon for dinner tonight.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, PETA.
Yum!!!!

it's been a long time since I've had any smoked salmon! Might have to reintroduce myself to the Big O Smokehouse!

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum!!!!
it's been a long time since I've had any smoked salmon! Might have to reintroduce myself to the Big O Smokehouse!
That's where it came from!
Try the hickory buffalo jerky too :)

“Lost my mind”

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where it came from!
Try the hickory buffalo jerky too :)
ohhhhhhhh!!! and even better thing! talk about REALLY Irritating PETA!

I have an idea... If they DO get control of the lighthouses... you and I wanna road trip to Grand Haven Pier with a stop at Big O first?? hehehehe

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
ohhhhhhhh!!! and even better thing! talk about REALLY Irritating PETA!
I have an idea... If they DO get control of the lighthouses... you and I wanna road trip to Grand Haven Pier with a stop at Big O first?? hehehehe
Oh yeah. We can chew on handfuls of elk and buffalo jerky in three different flavors with smoked chubs sticking out of our back pockets and hands full of smoked salmon filets :0

Imagine the horror! Oh the horror!

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

I just had me some grilled salmon tonight. Tasty stuff PETA people! You should try it!

On a side note, I say we send all of the PETA people down to the African grasslands where there is some of the most terrible, torturous carnage of the area wildlife being inflicted by some large tan animals with big furry manes. Maybe if they march in front of them in protest they will stop.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. We can chew on handfuls of elk and buffalo jerky in three different flavors with smoked chubs sticking out of our back pockets and hands full of smoked salmon filets :0
Imagine the horror! Oh the horror!
See?!?!? I just KNEW there was a reason I liked you!!!

Can we hold up signs too??? "If I wasn't meant to eat meat, I wouldn't have been given sharp teeth!"

While we're at it.. let's bring fishing poles and cast off right next to the door of their little restaurant on a public pier! heh

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

PETA sucks.

Nuff said.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

do you like fish sticks?
Ooops, already been done!

P: people
E: eating
T: tasty
A: animals

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
See?!?!? I just KNEW there was a reason I liked you!!!
Can we hold up signs too??? "If I wasn't meant to eat meat, I wouldn't have been given sharp teeth!"
While we're at it.. let's bring fishing poles and cast off right next to the door of their little restaurant on a public pier! heh
I'm going to wear a t-shirt that has a picture of a buck in crosshairs on it and my leather jacket too :0

Our signs should read: MORE MEAT!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Good Day,

Good luck! Smart to go after a major source of income of these lakeside communities. What does Mr. Foreman say?

Steelie

“Tod nach links!”

Since: Aug 08

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

PETA members are Communists. I can't wait until the day they come walking into my woods telling me not to hunt. Deer won't be the only thing in my scope!

DTOM

“Lost my mind”

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

little-me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to wear a t-shirt that has a picture of a buck in crosshairs on it and my leather jacket too :0
Our signs should read: MORE MEAT!
ohhhhhhh... I'm sure I can come up with a good hunting shirt! I don't have one now.. just a camo shirt that says "you can't see me" across the front. But I DO have a leather jacket!

No.. I think we need to keep with the whole theme so our signs should say...

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

“Lost my mind”

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
Good luck! Smart to go after a major source of income of these lakeside communities. What does Mr. Foreman say?
Steelie
Hey Steelie!

you wanna join Little Me and I in Grand Haven with Elk and Buffalo jerky and some Smoked Salmon????

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

I havent been to Grand Haven in a while,
Does anyone know it the "Pronto-Pup" place is still there?
Man I just had a craving for one of those!
Mom in Jenison

Harper Woods, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

I'm thinking of opening a booth right on the beach next to the pier to raise awareness of the mental anguish normal people suffer when trying to reason with a member of PETA. I'll serve faux PETA-member steaks, and have a tacky and ridiculously large banner to pay tribute to all the people who've lost their sanity trying to figure out why PETA can't do something worthwhile with their time. All visitors under 12 will get two action figures - a great white and a corresponding PETA member.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Kent County was issued at July 21 at 1:51PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000