Palin got zoning aid, gifts

Palin got zoning aid, gifts

There are 60 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 28, 2008, titled Palin got zoning aid, gifts. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Though Sarah Palin depicts herself as a pit bull fighting good-old-boy politics, in her years as mayor she and her friends received special benefits more typical of small-town politics as usual, an Associated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brian

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Sep 28, 2008
And the plot thickens...

It would seem her actions are far from setting an example to America.
Jerry

Caledonia, MI

#2 Sep 28, 2008
Wow, I can not believe the lame reasoning that is used to make this article. So she didn't get rid of an old building before selling a piece of property, or she happened to run into a fisherman in Alaska which is one of the best fishing areas in our country, that gave her a lousey fish to take home for the dinner table. What a bunch of bs. She probably had to clean the damn fish. I could see if it were a truck load where she could have sold and made a profit, but a lousey fish to take home to eat. Anyone that has built a home also knows all the crazy laws that have to be followed, and how many homes that have been put on hold to work their way through legalities. It is pretty sad that when you add all the little details that this article was wrote around, that they do not total enough to honor the amount of space the article takes up.
Randall

United States

#3 Sep 28, 2008
Here's a thought. Let the press descend on the Obama camp and dig into his past and I bet they come up with some doozies. He could not pass the FBI screening test to become an agent given his documented dealings a known terrorist amongst other curious friendships and yet he is given a free pass by the kooky libs and the media.
Randall

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2008
with*
Nothing but the truth

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Sep 28, 2008
I'm not surprised.
Jason

Marcellus, NY

#6 Sep 28, 2008
You can see Russia from Alaska!
todd

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Sep 28, 2008
It was flowers and a facial. i am so sick and tired of the right wing media digging for dirt on the republicans but never search and dig for the real truth in the Obama camp... lame story
ken

United States

#8 Sep 28, 2008
wow, they really dug up the dirt on her ahhahaha. Way to go scooby!!!!
Jason

Marcellus, NY

#9 Sep 28, 2008
It was more than flowers and facials. Tax breaks that directly impacted her family; removing zoning in order to sell her $279,000 house. I must admit though that I am most outraged about the free flowers and facials!
Jason

Marcellus, NY

#10 Sep 28, 2008
$327,000 house*

Since: Mar 08

Riverside, CA

#11 Sep 28, 2008
Jerry wrote:
Wow, I can not believe the lame reasoning that is used to make this article. So she didn't get rid of an old building before selling a piece of property, or she happened to run into a fisherman in Alaska which is one of the best fishing areas in our country, that gave her a lousey fish to take home for the dinner table. What a bunch of bs. She probably had to clean the damn fish. I could see if it were a truck load where she could have sold and made a profit, but a lousey fish to take home to eat. Anyone that has built a home also knows all the crazy laws that have to be followed, and how many homes that have been put on hold to work their way through legalities. It is pretty sad that when you add all the little details that this article was wrote around, that they do not total enough to honor the amount of space the article takes up.
You're completely right, it is Lame for a V.P. hopeful to accept gifts like that. But not as mayor.
Just think of the gifts that will be offered to her if she becomes V.P. and what if she accepts, who will benifit. We all know nothing is free.
So what

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Sep 28, 2008
That's it, the facial and flowers are over the top. That's even worse than the money Obama took from Rezko!!!!!!! This can not stand!!!!!!!
Media sucks

Newport Beach, CA

#13 Sep 28, 2008
The media had pleant of time to ask questions about Obama. They didn't. His past record and associations are much more news worthy. If it weren't for heros like Limbaugh, Hannity and Savage, we wouldn't know most of what we know about Obama's radical record. I can't wait for this election to be over! One thing though, I will never trust the media again!

“I'll sell my mom for 5 bucks”

Since: Sep 08

Petoskey, MI

#16 Sep 28, 2008
NEW VIDEOS.
Yesterday in Anchorage, Alaskans held a huge rally to protest the corruption of their own governor Palin. These videos are FUNNY AS HELL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The homemade signs these Alaskans are carrying are BRUTAL.
unreal is right

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Sep 28, 2008
"Is" our children abstaining?

Brutal indeed.
TDJensen

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Sep 28, 2008
I am not surprised at how trivial all this is becoming. BFD...she didn't remove a carport? Wow, hope I never have that choice just in case I am chosen to run for VP.

I don't like Palin, but come on people. How vain are we that this petty stuff is so darned important? She accepted gifts? So?

I hate the news media and their feable attempts at persuading the American voters by using such simple, stupid reporting techniques as this. It's too bad that we allow them to make us all look so stupid and naive.
TDJensen

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Sep 28, 2008
And if any of you don't believe this is biased reporting, just look on every other page of TV8's web site. Who's mug is plastered on them?

I think it is very unfair for the media to provide free advertising for any candidate. If they can paste one's pic, why not all?

We all cry for equality and unity.....but we don't really want it bad enough to get off our a sses and do something about it.
So over it

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Sep 28, 2008
Are you kidding me? You are now claiming that WoodTV is "liberal?" Just because they put things out that there that aren't 100% supportive of McCain and Pahlin certainly doesn't make them liberal. This is their small attempt at balanced journalism. From an outsider looking in, they are clearly more conservative than liberal. You can't blame everything bad about Pahlin and McCain on the media!
tcg

Canton, MI

#21 Sep 28, 2008
And Wood TV is just as bad as every other biased channel....I don't even watch their news anymore...just check the site for weather....
Get real

United States

#22 Sep 28, 2008
Since the lib kooks are playing this game, let the media press Biden about the blatant plagiarism that forced him out of his presidential campaign in 1987, as well as this story-
"When questioned by a New Hampshire resident about his grades in law school, Biden had inaccurately recollected graduating in the "top half" of his class when he actually graduated 76th from 85, that he had attended law school on a full scholarship, and had received three degrees in college. In fact, he had earned a single B.A. with a double major in history and political science, and had received a half scholarship to law school based on financial need with some additional assistance based in part upon academics. Biden also released his unexceptional undergraduate grades."
Other than this he seems like the right man for the job, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... 19 hr RushFan666 11
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Fri Idea Maker 11
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Fri Idea Maker 1
Give Yourselves To Muhammad! Thu BubbaAli 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jul 20 Mi Hung 2,667
Review: TerryTown RV Superstore (Aug '15) Jul 18 SWheeler 5
Donald Trump has no chance Jul 18 good grief anyhow 48

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance