Supreme Court Ruling on Gay Marriage

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jun 26, 2013
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jun 26, 2013
Sassy wrote:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpps/new s/politics/supreme_ct/high-cou rt-gay-marriage-decisions-june -26-nd13-jos_6309251
Not a good day for the religious right. They also saw an anti abortion bill go unsigned in the ridiculous state of Texas. Man, a black president and now equal rights for gays? This is going to be enough to break the hoods out again!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#3 Jun 26, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good day for the religious right. They also saw an anti abortion bill go unsigned in the ridiculous state of Texas. Man, a black president and now equal rights for gays? This is going to be enough to break the hoods out again!
Not a marriage.... State Contract for a Civil Union........
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Jules wrote:
This is going to be enough to break the hoods out again!
Progressives know a lot about hoods.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#5 Jun 26, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good day for the religious right. They also saw an anti abortion bill go unsigned in the ridiculous state of Texas. Man, a black president and now equal rights for gays? This is going to be enough to break the hoods out again!
Were you just waiting for an excuse to break out your hood? Much like you are just waiting for a good excuse to riot?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#6 Jun 27, 2013
Oh oh....... Seems not as big a stick in the traditionalist eye according to many legal analysts......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#7 Jun 27, 2013
So what do we do when an Arab move to the US with 4 wives. He loves them too..... Who are the gays to judge them...... Oh, and sharia allows killing gays too..... Should we want that because it is what the belief is..... How far do we run from traditional western values.....
Whoa Nellie

Hudsonville, MI

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
So what do we do when an Arab move to the US with 4 wives. He loves them too..... Who are the gays to judge them...... Oh, and sharia allows killing gays too..... Should we want that because it is what the belief is..... How far do we run from traditional western values.....
Great point Batch. Be careful what you wish for. The values you reject may be your own!
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
So what do we do when an Arab move to the US with 4 wives. He loves them too..... Who are the gays to judge them...... Oh, and sharia allows killing gays too..... Should we want that because it is what the belief is..... How far do we run from traditional western values.....
Let's not forget about the Mormons...I'm just waiting for them to challenge laws against polygamy. Who are we to tell them they can't have a dozen wives and have them all covered on their insurance (and all their kids, too)?
What about Indian and Pakistani cultures who arrange child marriages? Who are we to disrespect their culture? They can now challenge those laws in court and marry their 9 and 10 year old girls to 40 year old men.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#10 Jun 27, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget about the Mormons...I'm just waiting for them to challenge laws against polygamy. Who are we to tell them they can't have a dozen wives and have them all covered on their insurance (and all their kids, too)?
What about Indian and Pakistani cultures who arrange child marriages? Who are we to disrespect their culture? They can now challenge those laws in court and marry their 9 and 10 year old girls to 40 year old men.
One Correction Free...... Mormon Church has left that practice over 138 years ago and is not acceptable..... But I get your point..... I am Roman Catholic but try to understand other cultures as a Melting Pot 2nd gen American.......

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#11 Jun 27, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
So what do we do when an Arab move to the US with 4 wives. He loves them too..... Who are the gays to judge them...... Oh, and sharia allows killing gays too..... Should we want that because it is what the belief is..... How far do we run from traditional western values.....
Hey there Batch...
Defining "traditional western values" might be a bit tough.
As far as I can tell the values we hold today are not necessarily what our founders held...unless we want to re-instate slavery and remove women's voting rights to mention a couple of things.
Lest we forget we should also make alcohol illegal again also.

Doing any fishing?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#12 Jun 27, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Batch...
Defining "traditional western values" might be a bit tough.
As far as I can tell the values we hold today are not necessarily what our founders held...unless we want to re-instate slavery and remove women's voting rights to mention a couple of things.
Lest we forget we should also make alcohol illegal again also.
Doing any fishing?
No fishing or golfing as I am still building my empire..... You know there is John Wayne normal and then there is crazy.......

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#13 Jun 27, 2013
Gross
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#14 Jun 28, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
So what do we do when an Arab move to the US with 4 wives. He loves them too..... Who are the gays to judge them...... Oh, and sharia allows killing gays too..... Should we want that because it is what the belief is..... How far do we run from traditional western values.....
"How far do we run from traditional western values....."?

Maybe you should ask the Pope!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#15 Jun 28, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
"How far do we run from traditional western values....."?
Maybe you should ask the Pope!
No one asked you, Bob.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Jun 28, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
One Correction Free...... Mormon Church has left that practice over 138 years ago and is not acceptable..... But I get your point..... I am Roman Catholic but try to understand other cultures as a Melting Pot 2nd gen American.......
Actually, it may not be in the mainline Mormon church, but it is still practiced in non-mainline Mormonism. There are also other cultures that practice polygamy along with child marriages.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#17 Jun 28, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it may not be in the mainline Mormon church, but it is still practiced in non-mainline Mormonism. There are also other cultures that practice polygamy along with child marriages.
Our practice of marriage today is actually very young.
Here's an interesting read...A history of Marriage.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/06/27/hist...
Judge Judy

Utica, MI

#18 Jul 2, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good day for the religious right. They also saw an anti abortion bill go unsigned in the ridiculous state of Texas. Man, a black president and now equal rights for gays? This is going to be enough to break the hoods out again!
Actually, not a good day for the gays. Despite their little court ruling, they still cannot reproduce. Nothing will ever change that, no matter how much the gays and their fanatic supporters make things up.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jul 5, 2013
Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not a good day for the gays. Despite their little court ruling, they still cannot reproduce. Nothing will ever change that, no matter how much the gays and their fanatic supporters make things up.
Judge Judy, I guess you're not aware that technology exists to help gay couples and infertile heterosexual couples reproduce. Ever hear of In Vitro Fertilization? Adoption is also an option for gay couples who want children. And no, I'm not making that up.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#20 Jul 5, 2013
Fudge packing to reproduce? Really, the traditionalists need to reassert themselves to be a common norm these days....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 1,422
Local News Women (Apr '09) 12 hr Casual Observer 2,329
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 13 hr Just Sayin 40,165
Did Catholic Central tutor rape student, or vic... 13 hr Just Sayin 5
Obama is a War Hawk 15 hr Oneal 2
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Wed pajamagrandma 966
Same sex couples react after appeals court upho... Wed NorCal Native 240
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:23 am PST

NBC Sports11:23AM
Soldier Field: Problem with clocks has been rectified
Bleacher Report 1:00 PM
Biggest Position Needs for PSU's 2015 Class
NBC Sports 1:11 PM
Spokesman says Soldier Field game clocks are fixed - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
For Cutler, McCown was steadying force - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:01 PM
Will Mark Ingram's heavy workload stay level?