|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Whatever You Did Unto One of the Least, You Did Unto Me"
by Mother Teresa of Calcutta

From the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., February, 1994
"On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand,'Come enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me.' Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say,'Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me.' These will ask Him,'When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?'. And Jesus will answer then,'Whatever you neglected to do unto one of the least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rothwellj/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rothwellj/324287...

If you don't believe this or want to mock and make fun of the poor man that died yesterday after being hit by a train stop going to church, stop calling yourself a Christian, you are F'd and wasting your time, you're going to hell no matter what you do.
Stuart

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

GR Pete wrote:
you're going to hell no matter what you do.
I pretty much figured as much!
GR Pete wrote:
If you want to mock and make fun of the poor man that died yesterday after being hit by a train
GR Pete, that guy should not have been allowed to roam free in society...Who should we be more disgusted with, him for the acts he has committed over the years, or our "Justice System" for repeatedly turning him free?
The same "Justice System" that sits on a Bench and tears these people apart verbally for the acts they commit is the same "Justice System" that turns them loose again
Sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

GR Pete wrote:
"On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand,'Come enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me.' Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say,'Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me.' These will ask Him,'When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?'. And Jesus will answer then,'Whatever you neglected to do unto one of the least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!'
If you don't believe this or want to mock and make fun of the poor man that died yesterday after being hit by a train stop going to church, stop calling yourself a Christian, you are F'd and wasting your time, you're going to hell no matter what you do.
Nobody to talk to tonight Pete so you have to fabricate an attack? What happened to that man was a tragedy, and anyone who laughs or mocks it should have sand pounded where the sun will never see it.
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody to talk to tonight Pete so you have to fabricate an attack? What happened to that man was a tragedy, and anyone who laughs or mocks it should have sand pounded where the sun will never see it.
Add to the fake outrage the false sentiment of the post. Imagine, Pete quoting Mother Theresa like he believes it... Really?

Since: Sep 08

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
Add to the fake outrage the false sentiment of the post. Imagine, Pete quoting Mother Theresa like he believes it... Really?
I and many progressives/liberals fully believe it and based on the statements and performances of right wing wackos we are positive they do not believe it and should be struck dead by lightning every time they falsely claim to be Christians.
Sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I and many progressives/liberals fully believe it and based on the statements and performances of right wing wackos we are positive they do not believe it and should be struck dead by lightning every time they falsely claim to be Christians.
And if you truly believed it, you would also know that she subscribed to the following adage "Judge not that you be not judged." But of course, you only subscribe to those things that you agree with, the rest? You ignore and ridicule. Typical Pete of the "party of tolerance."

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>And if you truly believed it, you would also know that she subscribed to the following adage "Judge not that you be not judged." But of course, you only subscribe to those things that you agree with, the rest? You ignore and ridicule. Typical Pete of the "party of tolerance."
I am not judging, I am warning. I grew up with over a decade of Christian education, not once did they tell us that it was ok to torture, humiliate or waterboard ANYONE. In my opinion if anyone thinks that is ok I suggest you move to a warmer climate and get used to the heat. Show me where Jesus said that was ok, I don't care what crap you find in the Old Testament, it is mostly crap.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it, not many right wing wacko fake christians do.

Since: Jul 08

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
<quoted text> should have sand pounded where the sun will never see it.
How christ like of you.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Xenthan wrote:
<quoted text>
How christ like of you.
They know not what they do.
Sandy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not judging, I am warning. I grew up with over a decade of Christian education, not once did they tell us that it was ok to torture, humiliate or waterboard ANYONE. In my opinion if anyone thinks that is ok I suggest you move to a warmer climate and get used to the heat. Show me where Jesus said that was ok, I don't care what crap you find in the Old Testament, it is mostly crap.
And we have had this discussion before, I don't quote the Old Testament. Obviously, your "decade" of Christian education didn't help you one bit, that or you discarded whatever didn't fit your personal "belief" system. I went to school with several guys that did that. Jesus did NOT say it is ok to torture, humiliate, or waterboard anyone. However, He also did not say that we should not defend ourselves from the enemies without or within. Your thought process leaves a lot to be desired and leaves me very thankful that I have moved away from the left thought process a lot of years ago.
Sandy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Xenthan wrote:
<quoted text>
How christ like of you.
You don't believe in Christ, so don't try preaching to me. IF you believe in Him, we will discuss it, until then, leave me alone. I am truly tired of your ridicule and demeaning comments.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Xenthan wrote:
<quoted text>
How christ like of you.
And how INtolerant of you.

“Hooray for summer!”

Since: Nov 08

Somewhere up north

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Flawed wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he does believe that, just like I do. That and Jesus' talking about the greatest commandment (love your neighbor...) are the exact reasons I left the church. I have seen more ridicule, snobbish-ness and condemnation from people that claim to be "good Christians" than I have seen it from people who do not.

Does this apply to ALL Christians? I am confident that it does not...I try to read people for their individual quality-and I have found that people who's doctrine instructs them to love just don't, and sadly, when things like politics are involved they often turn to blind hate and name calling. Not that the "other side" is free from blame there, but if one subscribes to a religion that tells them to be good to others-what is so hard about that?

I choose to live as "good" as a life that I can, not because a religion tells me to, but because I believe that is right. But I also believe that anyone can call me out if I stoop to doing things that I fundamentally believe are wrong-in fact, please do.

But I also think that Pete is well within his bounds to challenge people if they seem to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

The pictures of the deceased are absolutely wonderful. I am saddened as well that people chose to say such terrible things about another human being. Thank you for sharing Pete.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

strong woman wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he does believe that, just like I do. That and Jesus' talking about the greatest commandment (love your neighbor...) are the exact reasons I left the church. I have seen more ridicule, snobbish-ness and condemnation from people that claim to be "good Christians" than I have seen it from people who do not.
Does this apply to ALL Christians? I am confident that it does not...I try to read people for their individual quality-and I have found that people who's doctrine instructs them to love just don't, and sadly, when things like politics are involved they often turn to blind hate and name calling. Not that the "other side" is free from blame there, but if one subscribes to a religion that tells them to be good to others-what is so hard about that?
I choose to live as "good" as a life that I can, not because a religion tells me to, but because I believe that is right. But I also believe that anyone can call me out if I stoop to doing things that I fundamentally believe are wrong-in fact, please do.
But I also think that Pete is well within his bounds to challenge people if they seem to talk out of both sides of their mouth.
The pictures of the deceased are absolutely wonderful. I am saddened as well that people chose to say such terrible things about another human being. Thank you for sharing Pete.
Thanks and just so we are clear those photos were taken by GRThomas.

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

GR Pete wrote:
Thank you, Pete. May that poor man rest in peace.
Dingo

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

GR Pete wrote:
Ha!
Cite religion when it serves your feelings, but refute it and mock it when it doesn't. How convenient to use the lessons of faith against others.
This sudden wave of compassion for one man coming from the person who encourages Union members to assault others, then cheers about it. How typically hypocritical.
say what

West Bloomfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I and many progressives/liberals fully believe it
Horsecrap. IF you fully believed it, you wouldn't be posting half the shite you do. You wouldn't be wishing death and disease on those you disagree with (Rush, maybe?) and you wouldn't be mocking those you disagree with. BTW...the correct quote is, "Whatever you've done FOR (not to) these bretheren of mine, EVEN the least of them (which is inclusive of all humanity), you've done it unto me". Sounds to me like you've got a seat in a very warm place waiting for you as well based on your own criteria, Pete.

“Hooray for summer!”

Since: Nov 08

Somewhere up north

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks and just so we are clear those photos were taken by GRThomas.
I know-he is so talented!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsecrap. IF you fully believed it, you wouldn't be posting half the shite you do. You wouldn't be wishing death and disease on those you disagree with (Rush, maybe?) and you wouldn't be mocking those you disagree with. BTW...the correct quote is, "Whatever you've done FOR (not to) these bretheren of mine, EVEN the least of them (which is inclusive of all humanity), you've done it unto me". Sounds to me like you've got a seat in a very warm place waiting for you as well based on your own criteria, Pete.
I don't recall every wishing death on Rushbo. I have said that I want the Bush/Cheney crowd to have a trial for war crimes and appropriate punishment when convicted, which I think will happen since they have admitted the crimes. I guess calling right wing conservatives wackos and Teabagger is not very Christlike but I am not picking on an poor homeless street person who met an untimely death under a locomotive, I am just making sure that right wing wackos conservative Christians know how wacko and unchristlike they really are.

Make sure to catch that You Tube Ensign video I posted, you will love it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 914
Amazing $5,000 Kitchen Makeover 7 hr Rick 1
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 17 hr Go Tigers 17
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 21 hr Plughead 922
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue El Presidente 2,254
What Obamacare's Advertising Is Costing We Taxp... Tue Jim 10
Report: ACA Will Increase Costs of Small Busine... Tue Jim 200
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••