Pacifier taped in Michigan baby's mouth

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A Livingston County infant has been taken from its parents after police reported seeing the 4-week-old unsecured in a car's back seat with a pacifier taped in its mouth.
Comments
141 - 160 of 536 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2011
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

whats going on wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you just said that to judge is wrong. so where you coming from???
I am being judged by all of you. So, I am just defending myself. Not passing judgement.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you had to come back on here in the past and say oops I was wrong... Remember the two young girls that said a man going thru the dumpster tryed to grab them????? Ring any bells. You were all over people that were saying the girls made it up. Guess what they did make it up and what did you have to do....Come back and say you were wrong.
Maybe you are the one that should keep quiet.....
I am not saying anything about it. Everyone else is. JUDGE> Will ya?

Since: Jul 08

Kentwood MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Mark wrote:
Wouldn't it be satisfying to tape something in these idiots' mouths.
C4?
LC
Amy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

froggy log wrote:
<quoted text>hahah. Too funny. Why do I care what you think! Half of us have peters too. They just run the mouth too much.
You may not care but I speak on behalf of the majority here in that you're ramblings are nonsense and totally wrong. How many people have to disagree and explain to you WHY you are wrong before you can get it through that ignorant skull?!
Amy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

froggy log wrote:
<quoted text>I am being judged by all of you. So, I am just defending myself. Not passing judgement.
You may not have passed judgement on the parents or on us but you did on the police in your original post.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not care but I speak on behalf of the majority here in that you're ramblings are nonsense and totally wrong. How many people have to disagree and explain to you WHY you are wrong before you can get it through that ignorant skull?!
Say what you need to say. Just like everyone else. Everyone has freedom of speech. And thats all I can say.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep speaking, It just may Bite ya in the Butt.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you had to come back on here in the past and say oops I was wrong... Remember the two young girls that said a man going thru the dumpster tryed to grab them????? Ring any bells. You were all over people that were saying the girls made it up. Guess what they did make it up and what did you have to do....Come back and say you were wrong.
Maybe you are the one that should keep quiet.....
Its happened to all of you too. Thats why Im not passing judgement like you fools. I hope ya learn something from this. 10-4
Mary on Prairie

Wixom, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Are you friggen kidding me? For one, a tiny baby unsecured in the back seat...for 2, a pacifier TAPED to the baby's mouth?? WTF?? and the parents were RELEASED?????????? WHY??
Mom of One

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

These Kids who are the Parents of this Infant should take this a Warning to get it together not soon - but NOW. If they think taping a pacifier in a infants mouth is proper, no car seat is proper, what would stop them from leaving the baby in the Car for hours on end... Taking proper care of the infant, obviously is not within their common sense.
Consequences of ignorant actions created by a parent/parents - can lead to death, brain damage, etc ... Lord help us all. Sounds that this Couple is not fit to take care of a Dog, let alone their own flesh and blood....Maybe the Baby is better off with a Adoptive Family.

This Event with Police Saved this Infants Life.

I can name some kids who are under 16 - that would know taping a baby's pacifier to their face was a heinous act.
no kids for me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

froggy log wrote:
Is the Cop being truthful of this situation? Or, not! Maybe He is making things up. There are untruthful cops in this world, too.
Young parents, not knowing how to handle certain situations with a child can be a cause of mis-parenting, not abuse. Parents make mistakes as well as children. Try not to pass judgements on these young parents. As they may not know any better. Parenting classes is an option for them. Police make situations look more criminal than the reality of the situation. Passing Judgements without knowing the true facts, is wrong. I pray for these young parents. That they may find peace with this difficult situation they are experiencing at this time.
More likely than the police making the situation look bad, it's the way the press report stories. I do hope indeed that these "Parents" - who really are just children themselves - are caring people who are just stupid. If the courts do give the child back to them - I hope it's not before they have to complete some comprehensive parenting courses. But I'm sure it doesn't bode well that the child is with the grandparents, who probably just want to keep this issue 'all in the family'.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

AnotherPoster wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think Froggy Log might be on the wrong forum. They should be on the forum in regards to how widesprread heroin use is. They are the perfect candidate for it.
And what are you? The Judge or the Jury. I can only guess.
Mom of One

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Hello ? This couple got off easy ..........

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

LAKE STEVENS, Wash. A woman was charged with manslaughter in the death of her 4-month-old son after she told authorities she taped a pacifier to his mouth to keep it from falling out.

Bonnie M. Desmond, 19, was charged Tuesday in the death of Noah James Petersen. Bail was set at $500,000.

Desmond called 911 Monday and said her baby was unconscious, but paramedics found the boy had been dead for hours, Fire District 8 Deputy Chief David Lingenfelter said. Prosecutors wrote in reports that Desmond later indicated a pacifier had been taped to the child's mouth but she had removed it before calling authorities.

"The only thing I can think of is I taped the pacifier to keep it from falling out. I didn't know it would hurt him, or I wouldn't have done that," Desmond told police, according to the reports.

No other children live in the home, which she shares with her fiance, and the fiance was not under investigation, said police Cmdr. Dan Lorentzen. The autopsy results were not immediately released.

If convicted, Desmond faces 6 1/2 to 8 1/2 years in prison, Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor Mark Roe said.

Since: Jul 08

Kentwood MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

OK folks. Lay off of Froggy Loggy. It is obvious that he/she/it is only playing with you. Just trying to get a rise out of you. I read this entire topic and it is obvious that Frog is only kidding. Nobody could really be that stupid.......... Could they?
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

5ducklings wrote:
<quoted text>And that makes not sense at all! They saw that these two young people didn't have the baby in a carseat, and taped a pacifer to the childs face. They are social workers, therapist or preachers! They ENFORCE the LAW...hence the name of their job....LAW ENFORCEMENT!!
Law Enforcement, Can be enforced too much at times. Look at all the Cops, beating people in custody. They can overstep their boundries a lot of the time.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Lamont Cranston wrote:
OK folks. Lay off of Froggy Loggy. It is obvious that he/she/it is only playing with you. Just trying to get a rise out of you. I read this entire topic and it is obvious that Frog is only kidding. Nobody could really be that stupid.......... Could they?
Just a little Nieve.
froggy log

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Lamont Cranston wrote:
An who are you? Mr. I Spy.
newnana

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

I admit I am far from being perfect, but in my heart felt opinion, there is absolutely NO excuse for what these parents did with this newborn...young or otherwise! Taping the pacifier in the baby's mouth is a sign of pure laziness and obvious neglect. As for the car seat situation, they knew that was unsafe and wrong before they did it. Come on, get real here...stop making excusing for them, because there aren't any!! In Tenn. a couple doesn't leave the Hospital with their child without the proper car seat. That's the LAW! Maybe that should be a consideration everywhere....

Since: Jun 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

froggy log wrote:
Is the Cop being truthful of this situation? Or, not! Maybe He is making things up. There are untruthful cops in this world, too.
Young parents, not knowing how to handle certain situations with a child can be a cause of mis-parenting, not abuse. Parents make mistakes as well as children. Try not to pass judgements on these young parents. As they may not know any better. Parenting classes is an option for them. Police make situations look more criminal than the reality of the situation. Passing Judgements without knowing the true facts, is wrong. I pray for these young parents. That they may find peace with this difficult situation they are experiencing at this time.
Taping a pacifier on a baby's face is NOT a mistake. It is stupidity. Even pacifiers are a pathetic excuse for handling babies. It's pretty to have a facial expression, show emotions, learn how to verbalize, etc., with a freaking su-c-k toy in one's mouth constantly. They are gross.
Mom of One

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Wow its all about You isn't it Froggy .... I am leaving. I have said my Peace. I don't get off on Grand Standing ...
My Concerns are of this Infant in Question not Joining a Play Scape Group for your entertainment.

Your efforts in what you say should be worth something instead of playing "Quid Pro Quo" with other posters ... a child's life is not a joke nor a game.

Nuf Said

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 51 min pipedream 765
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr www 1,274
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 18 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Jul 26 rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••