Pacifier taped in Michigan baby's mouth

Pacifier taped in Michigan baby's mouth

There are 536 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Pacifier taped in Michigan baby's mouth. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A Livingston County infant has been taken from its parents after police reported seeing the 4-week-old unsecured in a car's back seat with a pacifier taped in its mouth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
fance

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Aug 14, 2008
these parents better taking some parenting classes. you know they will give them the baby back. maybe the baby will get lucky & they will put it up for adoption.
hunters nana

Riverside, CA

#2 Aug 14, 2008
That is terrible.
Amazed

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Aug 14, 2008
Anyone who is either that ignorant or non- caring about the care of a child, under no circumstances, should be allowed to parent one.
Seriously

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2008
How in the world could those two think that that was ok? No car seat is one thing - but to tape a pacifier in it's mouth....OMG!
Wonderful Court System

Tarkio, MO

#5 Aug 14, 2008
You know I have been going through the adoption process for over a year looking for a child in Michigan that was needing a home. Our social worker informed us that there was really no chance because the court systems continue to give the parents 8-10 chances to mess up the kids before they take the children away for good. In the meantime the kids are kept in foster homes that can not afford to feed and put clothing on all of the kids they have. I agree with fance. Maybe they will put the parents in jail and the child will be put up for adoption to a good home and never have to remember the horrible parents that brought them into this world.
Grand Rapids

Loveland, CO

#6 Aug 14, 2008
How tragic for that infant whose parents have no clue. They are just children themselves. I certainly hope that someone steps up to the plate and gives that child the home and care that it deserves. That someone needs to be an adult in all sense of the word.
Runner

Sturgis, MI

#7 Aug 14, 2008
Yet one more example of why some people should not reproduce...
GR reader

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Aug 14, 2008
OH MY GOD!!

Where did these parents grow up? Do they even know what is going on in the world today? These are the kind of people who should not be allowed to have more children!!!
just me

Watertown, WI

#9 Aug 14, 2008
un-fricken-believable!
froggy log

Madison, WI

#10 Aug 14, 2008
Is the Cop being truthful of this situation? Or, not! Maybe He is making things up. There are untruthful cops in this world, too.
Young parents, not knowing how to handle certain situations with a child can be a cause of mis-parenting, not abuse. Parents make mistakes as well as children. Try not to pass judgements on these young parents. As they may not know any better. Parenting classes is an option for them. Police make situations look more criminal than the reality of the situation. Passing Judgements without knowing the true facts, is wrong. I pray for these young parents. That they may find peace with this difficult situation they are experiencing at this time.
cassidy

United States

#11 Aug 14, 2008
serves them right stupid people shouldnt have something as precious as a baby there are plenty of people out there that would love to have a child and would take care if it the way it needs to be,,, but instead these dumb butts decide to keep a child that they can not and will not care for
Baby Jane Howard

United States

#12 Aug 14, 2008
Ain't love grand?
GR reader

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Aug 14, 2008
Do all the praying you want Froggy Log. Will that help this baby after it gets hurt from neglect??
cassidy

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2008
i became a parent at the age of 16 my child is 5 years old now and never have i even thought of doing somethign like that or anything else that would harm my child,, i am now 21 and yes i am still young but my child is my love my heart and my pride and joy so i do not believe that its because of their age and not knowing how to handle the situation,, its because they are dumb and dont think about anyone besides them selves but you know what the parents were probably wearing their seatbelts so if they were good enough to wear theirs then why isnt their child good enough to be restrained in a vehicle?
Anne

Falls Church, VA

#15 Aug 14, 2008
froggy log wrote:
Parents make mistakes as well as children. Try not to pass judgements on these young parents. As they may not know any better.
Not know any better?!?!

Hah. Right. I'd think you'd have to be living under a rock to not know that babies need car seats. And the taped pacifier could've killed the infant.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#16 Aug 14, 2008
froggy log wrote:
Is the Cop being truthful of this situation? Or, not! Maybe He is making things up. There are untruthful cops in this world, too.
Young parents, not knowing how to handle certain situations with a child can be a cause of mis-parenting, not abuse. Parents make mistakes as well as children. Try not to pass judgements on these young parents. As they may not know any better. Parenting classes is an option for them. Police make situations look more criminal than the reality of the situation. Passing Judgements without knowing the true facts, is wrong. I pray for these young parents. That they may find peace with this difficult situation they are experiencing at this time.
How come I know you would be cop bashing??? Everytime you post it is a slam against the police?? Seems like you have a personl problem with the police...makes one wonder what you did wrong???
guineapiglvr

Lawrence, MA

#17 Aug 14, 2008
Wow! I dont understand how anyone can do such a thing. I mean the Mother must have babysat when she was younger or at least her brain should tell her you cannot tape a pacifier into an infants mouth!I feel for the person you posted the comment of wanting to adopt in the U.S. and cant, because it's true and the system gives children back to very bad parents. These kids end up a mess or worse yet they dont make it that far!
mibluegal1

Granbury, TX

#18 Aug 14, 2008
You need the goverments ok to drive,run a business,drink, get married and many other things but anyone can have a baby.I am a grandmother and my girls are always in a car seat when the car leaves the drive-you do not need a college degree or be rich to know it is a law-- heck they tell you when you take the kid home--no car seat you can not take it home....I have friends who are desperate to have children--they are college edecuated and have a savings account.The drawback is they were told it would be 2-7 years for a USA baby and then mommy still might come back and claim her little darling.They are looking into a overseas adoption but are not sure how long that would take-- he is 42 and she is 39- they have been trying for 7 years to have their own---and then we read that these "kids" had a kid and treated it worse than a puppy...I think all kids should be made to take a class on having kids-- If you watched that show the baby borrowers--NONE of those couples who were so in love and ready to have a baby are together today-- they all said that show made them see how hard it was and no one was ready for marriage much less a baby.
Previouse response was correct---these people will get their baby back, but we all know eventually give it up again-- when it is a teenager and it shoots someone or robs someone-- yup your tax dollars at work.
Mark

Lovington, NM

#19 Aug 14, 2008
Wouldn't it be satisfying to tape something in these idiots' mouths.

“mhmm”

Since: Jul 08

Birch Run, MI

#20 Aug 14, 2008
froggy log wrote:
I think anyone with a bit of commonsense knows not to force a pacifier in a 1 months mouth! At any age this is unacceptable. This makes me furious that anyone would think that this is "just a mistake". I think it's pretty pathetic to say the parents didn't know better. If they made the adult decision to do adult thing, they should have to deal with adult responsibilities. If this is what thier parents did to them, then the line of poor parenting continues...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr T-Man 2,673
Why Trump is running for prez Fri RushFan666 7
Days of Yore Thu Joe Schlitzpack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Thu Irememberwhen 1,080
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Thu Sharon Sharealike 12
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Jul 25 DR X 29
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages