First Prev
of 7
Next Last
TBA

United States

#124 Aug 29, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Awfully weak attempt a more FAUX OUTRAGE.....
UPS is dropping coverage on spouses who will already be covered by their own employer paid insurance policies.......
Imagine that, if a spouse is already getting health insurance from their employer, the baggers are upset because UPS won't pay for these people to have a second health insurance policy!
so now both spouses have to pay,you are assuming said spouse was receiving health ins. In some cases that may be true, in others just one or the other carried it. to avoid the double co pay.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#125 Aug 30, 2013
TBA wrote:
<quoted text>so now both spouses have to pay,you are assuming said spouse was receiving health ins. In some cases that may be true, in others just one or the other carried it. to avoid the double co pay.
Why would a couple, with both working, only carry health insurance on one person (which is what you are claiming)?

The issue is that UPS, along with other companies, based on Obamacare are saying that if a both persons are working and both have the option of health insurance at their respective places of employment, then UPS et. al. will only cover their employee and the children. The spouse must get insurance through the spouse's employer.

If the UPS employee's spouse doesn't work then UPS will cover both.

If the UPS employee's spouse works but is not eligible for health insurance at their place of employement, then UPS will cover both.

I'll admit that a couple could carry insurance on just one of them but I've never known of a couple to just carry it on one of them and leave the other uncovered.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#126 Aug 30, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
Why would a couple, with both working, only carry health insurance on one person (which is what you are claiming)?
Cost. It's that simple. I've known couples that did this because the premiums (and/or deductible and copays) for the uninsured spouse were too high so they made the decision to only cover the one who could get reasonable coverage through their employer.
Some employers also offer an incentive for employees to waive insurance through them if they are covered under their spouse.
Just another nail in the coffin of the working middle class. What do you all want on your tombstones?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Lansing, MI

#127 Aug 30, 2013
For Bobbie, this is what happens when you get state sponsored tuition from the govt. You got no job and no career...

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#128 Aug 31, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost. It's that simple. I've known couples that did this because the premiums (and/or deductible and copays) for the uninsured spouse were too high so they made the decision to only cover the one who could get reasonable coverage through their employer.
Some employers also offer an incentive for employees to waive insurance through them if they are covered under their spouse.
Just another nail in the coffin of the working middle class. What do you all want on your tombstones?
Got it. And that's a financial decision that couple is making, which can make sense if the cost of the insurance, co-pays and deductible is going to be less than what one would pay without it.

The issue here is that because of Obamacare that couple no longer has that choice. They both have to have insurance. And also because of Obamacare, instead of one person being added on to the other person's insurance, they have to take the more expensive option of gettting separate insurance policies. With any insurance, it is always cheaper to "add on" rather than to go it alone. But Obamacare wants people, especially the young working class to pay the most.

I think the R's should take Obama to court and force all of Obamacare to be enacted on October 1. No waivers, no delays. Let the country see the sheer stupidity of the liberals in true action.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#130 Sep 2, 2013
Last week's Syrian flip flip flub isn't going to help Obama's approval ratings, that's for damned sure.

President Big Ears went from stating "I've decided... the US needs to strike Syria", to "I don't need congressional approval to wage war...", to finding out he has no allies willing to commit to saving his political reputation and therefore having to ask for permission from his parents in congress so he can pass the buck on to them.

Either Obama gets permission to lob missiles at another country and start another war, or he gets a congressional smackdown and makes history for being the first president to ever have a request for war declined by congress.

THUD!!! or THUD!!!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#131 Sep 2, 2013
Other than all the sour grapes....who really gives a damn about the approval ratings of a President, during his second term?.....The same people that had no problem ignoring the record low numbers of the treacherous House republicans, I surmise........
Really

Wyoming, MI

#132 Sep 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Other than all the sour grapes....who really gives a damn about the approval ratings of a President, during his second term?.....The same people that had no problem ignoring the record low numbers of the treacherous House republicans, I surmise........
You did when Bush had low numbers. And the Senate Democrats numbers are just as low. good grief! Once again, who cares when Obama is doing poorly????
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#133 Sep 4, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You did when Bush had low numbers. And the Senate Democrats numbers are just as low. good grief! Once again, who cares when Obama is doing poorly????
Would you really expect anything else?

Go Blue is the little delusional suggesting if we don't see El Matador's recent ramping up production of tortilla chips as irrefutable proof of our economic boom time we're not patriots!

Yet Go Blue is evidently willing to ignore the voice of the majority of Americans when it comes to their approval of Obama - if that opinion is negative.

Keep in mind, the polls that have Obama's approval ratings in the 40's are from CNN and Huffy Post, to name a few, not exactly critics of Obama. Yet, according to Go Blue, his fellow Americans' voices don't matter. After all, who cares???
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#134 Sep 4, 2013
Oneal wrote:
Yet, according to Go Blue, his fellow Americans' voices don't matter. After all, who cares???
they're already ramping up to jump behind Hillary and her 'it just doesn't matter' campaign for 2016. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#135 Sep 4, 2013
That damn Go Blue....we all know how he thinks, and it's never like us.......
Really

Wyoming, MI

#136 Sep 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
That damn Go Blue....we all know how he thinks, and it's never like us.......
See post #131 for reference, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 11 hr Go Blue Forever 1,422
Local News Women (Apr '09) 20 hr Casual Observer 2,329
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 21 hr Just Sayin 40,165
Did Catholic Central tutor rape student, or vic... 21 hr Just Sayin 5
Obama is a War Hawk 22 hr Oneal 2
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Wed pajamagrandma 966
Same sex couples react after appeals court upho... Wed NorCal Native 240
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:11 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:11PM
Spokesman says Soldier Field game clocks are fixed - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
For Cutler, McCown was steadying force - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:01 PM
Will Mark Ingram's heavy workload stay level?
Bleacher Report 7:47 PM
Complete Preview for Lions vs. Patriots
NBC Sports 7:50 PM
Week 12 skill-position injury report — Thursday