Obama's Dropping Approval Ratings ... THUD!

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of132
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Aug 24, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it is unfair that UPS would do that?
Maybe someone in Congress or the White House could amend the ACA to make sure that both employers are required to pay for the health insurance for one person....
That should cost less!
What are you on??? Medicare or SS disability..... What if the spouse does not work and does not receive tax payer funds...... You go out and make enough to have it taken from you to support people on the dole like you are.... Do It!!! And stay out of Pappy's...... Can returns for money will get harder to come by as more of you collect them on the roadside.......

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Aug 24, 2013
 
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>What are you on??? Medicare or SS disability..... What if the spouse does not work and does not receive tax payer funds...... You go out and make enough to have it taken from you to support people on the dole like you are.... Do It!!! And stay out of Pappy's...... Can returns for money will get harder to come by as more of you collect them on the roadside.......
To be fair here, if the spouse doesn't work then they can be covered under the other spouse's plan, whether it is at UPS or company X. UPS is forcing those workers who have health care coverage at the spouses place of work to drop the coverage of their non-UPS working spouse.

Yes it is wrong (because of Ombamcare) but this isn't a matter of UPS saying that they simply aren't going to cover their employees spouses. The headline is telling a different story (big surprise).
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Aug 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair here, if the spouse doesn't work then they can be covered under the other spouse's plan, whether it is at UPS or company X. UPS is forcing those workers who have health care coverage at the spouses place of work to drop the coverage of their non-UPS working spouse.
Yes it is wrong (because of Ombamcare) but this isn't a matter of UPS saying that they simply aren't going to cover their employees spouses. The headline is telling a different story (big surprise).
I think the main point is we have yet another example of Obamacare not living up to the promises from those that continue to pitch it to the American people.

When it's supporters have to say, "well, you were lucky to have spousal coverage in the first place, so it's really not so bad that you're losing now under Obamacare...", you know they're finding it difficult to find a foothold on this horrible piece of legislation.

UPS won't be the only company making cost-saving adjustments that hurt the middle class worker as a result of this government debacle.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Aug 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the main point is we have yet another example of Obamacare not living up to the promises from those that continue to pitch it to the American people.
When it's supporters have to say, "well, you were lucky to have spousal coverage in the first place, so it's really not so bad that you're losing now under Obamacare...", you know they're finding it difficult to find a foothold on this horrible piece of legislation.
UPS won't be the only company making cost-saving adjustments that hurt the middle class worker as a result of this government debacle.
When has Obama-anything ever lived up to its promise?

He is without a doubt a worst of the post WW2 Presidents.

His believers have no understanding of reality.

He is the American-Idol version of a President. Winner of a popularity contest based on looks and a single talent, in his case being a con-man.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Aug 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

To be fair, this has happened to many companies PRIOR to Obamacare. UPS employees were LUCKY to have it as long as they did. It has been a company policy for many companies for years. If your spouse is employed and has access to health care insurance weather or not they have to pay they are NOT eligable for the other spouses insurance. Many employers require it in writing. I know we had to do it and that was well over 10 years ago.
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair here, if the spouse doesn't work then they can be covered under the other spouse's plan, whether it is at UPS or company X. UPS is forcing those workers who have health care coverage at the spouses place of work to drop the coverage of their non-UPS working spouse.
Yes it is wrong (because of Ombamcare) but this isn't a matter of UPS saying that they simply aren't going to cover their employees spouses. The headline is telling a different story (big surprise).
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Aug 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Exactly. My husbands employer had the same policy. I had healthcare through my employer, but I was out searching for a new one. I called his company and asked the question that if I had a new job and I had to pay for healthcare insurance would I still be unable to be on his policy, and that was a definite yes. This was OVER 10 years ago. So for everyone to jump on the band wagon and blame Obamacare for this change in policy with UPS is ludicrious. It has been standard for many companies for years. UPS employees were very fortunate to have this option as long as they did.
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
I only had the option to carry him when he wasn't insured himself, first with his former job and then while he was in school for his bachelors. Now that he's employed and his employer offers benefits, he has to take them as soon as he's able. If his job didn't offer insurance and we had documentation, he would have been able to stay on my policy.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Aug 24, 2013
 
Sassy wrote:
To be fair, this has happened to many companies PRIOR to Obamacare. UPS employees were LUCKY to have it as long as they did. It has been a company policy for many companies for years. If your spouse is employed and has access to health care insurance weather or not they have to pay they are NOT eligable for the other spouses insurance. Many employers require it in writing. I know we had to do it and that was well over 10 years ago.
<quoted text>
And again, missing the point. I've also been employed where it went both ways. At one place we could have double coverage and at another my company only covered my wife if she didn't have the option of insurance at her place of work.

However, in both of those cases the choice was between my employer and myself. The government had no say it the matter. If my wife and I were willing to pay for double insurance, that was our choice. Or if we decided to cover her under my employer and not hers, or under hers and not mine, again that was my choice.

The spouses of the UPS employees (among others) don't have a choice. If the spouse's coverage is less complete but costs more, too bad.

Second, the reason for spouses being forced off is because of Obamacare pure and simple. Two years ago those 15,000 employees were able to include their spouses on their insurance and the cost of doing so was reasonable to the insurance company, the employer, and the employee. Now thanks to Obama it is not. Those families can not keep their doctor as Obama promised.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Aug 24, 2013
 
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, missing the point. I've also been employed where it went both ways. At one place we could have double coverage and at another my company only covered my wife if she didn't have the option of insurance at her place of work.
However, in both of those cases the choice was between my employer and myself. The government had no say it the matter. If my wife and I were willing to pay for double insurance, that was our choice. Or if we decided to cover her under my employer and not hers, or under hers and not mine, again that was my choice.
The spouses of the UPS employees (among others) don't have a choice. If the spouse's coverage is less complete but costs more, too bad.
Second, the reason for spouses being forced off is because of Obamacare pure and simple. Two years ago those 15,000 employees were able to include their spouses on their insurance and the cost of doing so was reasonable to the insurance company, the employer, and the employee. Now thanks to Obama it is not. Those families can not keep their doctor as Obama promised.
It has effectively doubled the cost of the insurance for both the husband and spouse or wife and spouse. And not just the cost of premiums, but deductibles, co-insurance, out of pocket, etc. In addition, the deductibles under Obamacare are showing to be one for medical care and the same or higher for mental health. So, while Obamacare "forces" the mental health benefit, it also doubles, and depending on the carrier, it could triple the cost to the employee. AND it does zilch for the uninsured.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Aug 24, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>It has effectively doubled the cost of the insurance for both the husband and spouse or wife and spouse. And not just the cost of premiums, but deductibles, co-insurance, out of pocket, etc. In addition, the deductibles under Obamacare are showing to be one for medical care and the same or higher for mental health. So, while Obamacare "forces" the mental health benefit, it also doubles, and depending on the carrier, it could triple the cost to the employee. AND it does zilch for the uninsured.
Basically Obamacare is a placebo for the idiots on the left. It makes them feel good without having any real benefit and could make things worse if one believes it is effective and relies on it for real health benefits.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Aug 25, 2013
 
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
When has Obama-anything ever lived up to its promise?
He is without a doubt a worst of the post WW2 Presidents.
His believers have no understanding of reality.
He is the American-Idol version of a President. Winner of a popularity contest based on looks and a single talent, in his case being a con-man.
Most of Obama's promises are veiled - such as his "we'll fundamentally transform America" promise. Many took that as a positive transformation because he packaged it along with promises to clean up Washington, bring bi-partisanship, represent all Americans, help the middle class, etc etc ... but what he was really talking about was the same old progressive agenda we've seen in the past - big government destruction of the free market and attacking capitalism no matter what the cost.

In the case of Obamacare, Harry Reid recently made the agenda clear - it's just a stepping stone to Single Payer health care, one of the progressive dreams for ultimate control of citizens.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/10/harry-...

Of course, Obama must continue to lie about it's real purpose until after the midterm elections.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Missing from the conservative circle jerk is any mention of the approval rating that other president had about this point in his administration........

It's so sad that they don't like anyone to mention his name!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob wrote:
Missing from the conservative circle jerk is any mention of the approval rating that other president had about this point in his administration........
It's so sad that they don't like anyone to mention his name!
Sure, poll the uninformed....... Go back to your sheep farm down the road.......

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Aug 25, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
Missing from the conservative circle jerk is any mention of the approval rating that other president had about this point in his administration........
It's so sad that they don't like anyone to mention his name!
From Gallup:
After the same number of days in office % Approve:
Reagan 65%
Eisenhower 63%
Clinton 61%
GW Bush 45%
Obama 44%
Johnson 42%
Nixon 36%

So the only two with worse approvals than Obama is another Democrat and a known crook. And as Obamacare continues to resemble the Titanic, his approval has no where to go but down. Whether it is from liberals who blame him for not doing enough or conservatives blaming him for doing too much, he's going to have a hard time gaining approval.

Truman left office with a 22% approval rating.
Nixon left at 24%
Carter left at 34%
Ford left at 53%

So, do you think he'll be able to beat Truman, Carter, and Nixon?

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
From Gallup:
After the same number of days in office % Approve:
Reagan 65%
Eisenhower 63%
Clinton 61%
GW Bush 45%
Obama 44%
Johnson 42%
Nixon 36%
So the only two with worse approvals than Obama is another Democrat and a known crook. And as Obamacare continues to resemble the Titanic, his approval has no where to go but down. Whether it is from liberals who blame him for not doing enough or conservatives blaming him for doing too much, he's going to have a hard time gaining approval.
Truman left office with a 22% approval rating.
Nixon left at 24%
Carter left at 34%
Ford left at 53%
So, do you think he'll be able to beat Truman, Carter, and Nixon?
WHAT?! You didn't use wikipedia and you expect Bob to believe it?!

;-)
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob wrote:
Missing from the conservative circle jerk is any mention of the approval rating that other president had about this point in his administration........
It's so sad that they don't like anyone to mention his name!
Bob's too cowardly to admit his messiah turned out to be a pariah.

Hope and Change Hope and Change!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Hoped" President Obama could recover our economy and "change" it from, where Bush had left it...in the ditch....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob's too cowardly to admit his messiah turned out to be a pariah.
Hope and Change Hope and Change!!!
Blah, Blah, Blah......

Obama is going to be in office for another 3 1/2 years, but your whiny butt won't ever get healed!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, Blah, Blah......
Obama is going to be in office for another 3 1/2 years, but your whiny butt won't ever get healed!
You will not be prepared for what is going to happen to you.
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Aug 26, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
Blah, Blah, Blah......
Obama is going to be in office for another 3 1/2 years, but your whiny butt won't ever get healed!
Well you should know...you all are still going on about Bush and it's been more than 5 years, whiny butt.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, Blah, Blah......
Obama is going to be in office for another 3 1/2 years, but your whiny butt won't ever get healed!
Congrats, you won one of the lowest approval-rated presidents in history. You liberals spent a decade
trashing conservatives over Bush and then when you got the chance you elected a Bush-wannabe, twice!

The great progressive movement, and what we get is another 8 years of pointless war, unprecedented spending and debt, historic scandals, and look out now! Obamacare!!! The worst piece of legislation this country has ever passed.

Wahooo!!!! Congrats, libs ... you really won one this time!!

lol, keep bragging about "winning", Bob.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of132
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 18 min pipedream 438
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 32 min Go Blue Forever 1,229
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sat I Think 2,286
social networking - your drug of choice Sat bobolinq 1
Obama Escaped D.C. To Shoot Pool And Drink Beer... Fri Dr X 8
Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin sentenced to 10... Jul 11 Heraldo 3
Obama gives ICE agents in Murrieta stand down o... Jul 9 Dr X 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••