Obama's Dropping Approval Ratings ......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62 Aug 22, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is when they're taking the place of full time jobs.
I'm trying to stay away from these long, circular arguments, that go on forever....but, unless someone has a big idea, to return all the outsourced jobs, from past decades....full time jobs may never return to previous numbers.....The New Normal may be something, we all need to adapt to.....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#63 Aug 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are being "rude" by implying that people don't take the time to educate themselves.
The more "educated" one becomes the more one realizes they are voting for the lesser of 2 evils and that no candidate has kept their campaign promises and non of them, not one, is above the table in their dealings once they are elected.
So by blindly voting teaparty you are actually the uneducated one and should educate yourself and if necessary, vote across party lines.
If you'd actually read my previous post you'd get that while I support the Tea Party's message as a starting point to electing officials who are going to be "above the table", I don't yet trust the candidates that have glommed on to their popularity in order to further their own political careers. Nothing in that would give you any reason to suggest I blindly vote for the Tea Party.

As for voting across party lines, what democrat candidate has given we conservatives any possible reason to vote for them? They are not for smaller government. They are not for fiscal responsibility. They support one of the most unpopular and irresponsible pieces of legislation that has ever been enacted in America - Obamacare. They continue to play the race card despite any relevance or facts that back their accusations.

Furthermore, I followed and supported the libertarian candidate in last year's election until it became obvious he was a non-factor.

The only point in your latest rude post that I could agree with is that voting for the candidates the GOP and democrats have trolled out is indeed a selection of the lesser of two evils.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#64 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to stay away from these long, circular arguments, that go on forever....but, unless someone has a big idea, to return all the outsourced jobs, from past decades....full time jobs may never return to previous numbers.....The New Normal may be something, we all need to adapt to.....
Spoken like a true submissive.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#65 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'm trying to stay away from these long, circular arguments, that go on forever....but, unless someone has a big idea, to return all the outsourced jobs, from past decades....full time jobs may never return to previous numbers.....The New Normal may be something, we all need to adapt to.....
We aren't becoming a nation of part time workers because of outsourcing. Employers are hesitant to hire full time workers because of the costs and fines involved with Obamacare so rather than hire one full time worker, they hire two part time workers...they still have the manpower they need and don't have the costs that will put them out of business.
You can live with the 'new normal'. Those of us that actually care about this country aren't being quite so stoic about it.

Location hidden

#66 Aug 22, 2013
Yeah, because we disagree, it must mean i don't care about this country....beyond childish....So, we need more fulltime, middle class jobs....Seem's this President has been saying that at every opportunity...Have i missed any unique ideas, from the right?.....
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#67 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, because we disagree, it must mean i don't care about this country....beyond childish
I'm glad you think so. Can we take it to mean that you'll stop doing the same thing to others who don't agree with you?
Hypocrite.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#68 Aug 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd actually read my previous post you'd get that while I support the Tea Party's message as a starting point to electing officials who are going to be "above the table", I don't yet trust the candidates that have glommed on to their popularity in order to further their own political careers. Nothing in that would give you any reason to suggest I blindly vote for the Tea Party.
As for voting across party lines, what democrat candidate has given we conservatives any possible reason to vote for them? They are not for smaller government. They are not for fiscal responsibility. They support one of the most unpopular and irresponsible pieces of legislation that has ever been enacted in America - Obamacare. They continue to play the race card despite any relevance or facts that back their accusations.
Furthermore, I followed and supported the libertarian candidate in last year's election until it became obvious he was a non-factor.
The only point in your latest rude post that I could agree with is that voting for the candidates the GOP and democrats have trolled out is indeed a selection of the lesser of two evils.
You have made the problem completely clear with only two words from this post..."we conservatives".
You need to realize that we (you and I and everyone) are Americans first and foremost. Big money and the politicians that get elected with the help of that big money WANT you to stay divided and call eachother names like conservative and liberal.
The people we elect should be in D.C. to represent the PEOPLE first, not big money. Read the articles I posted and you will understand what I am saying.
You have called me a "liberal" in the past and I consider that "rude" also. Unless I have no rights, I consider myself fully within my rights to be "rude" toward you unless you wish to retract calling me "liberal".
The tea party message is nice and cozy but it is an oxymoron when the candidates elected via that platform do not follow it's message...and non of them have...not one. They are ALL beholdin' to some background money based agenda that does NOT represent the people...think about it.
Therefore there is no more incentive to vote for a tea party candidate or a democrap or mainstream republicant...they are ALL corrupted by one thing...big money.
I'm not being rude to you, I'm pointing out the truth...think about it.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#69 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to stay away from these long, circular arguments, that go on forever....but, unless someone has a big idea, to return all the outsourced jobs, from past decades....full time jobs may never return to previous numbers.....The New Normal may be something, we all need to adapt to.....
This "new normal" will not allow people who have depended on a 40 hour work week and health benefits to survive Blue.
Think about it...even back in our day if our employer told us they were cutting our hours by 10 and removing our health benefits how devastating would that be??
Sure, go get another part time job...and pay twice the amount of day care and also have to buy your own health insurance. Pay more to have to drive to 2 work places. Lose all vacation and sick days.

It's not good Blue...

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#70 Aug 22, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't becoming a nation of part time workers because of outsourcing. Employers are hesitant to hire full time workers because of the costs and fines involved with Obamacare so rather than hire one full time worker, they hire two part time workers...they still have the manpower they need and don't have the costs that will put them out of business.
You can live with the 'new normal'. Those of us that actually care about this country aren't being quite so stoic about it.
It will only serve to moreso delete the middle class. There will only be the filthy rich and the poor class.
And guess who will be paying most of the taxes...

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#71 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, because we disagree, it must mean i don't care about this country....beyond childish....So, we need more fulltime, middle class jobs....Seem's this President has been saying that at every opportunity...Have i missed any unique ideas, from the right?.....
I think you do care about this country. What I can't understand is how you believe creating a working class of part time workers with no vacation, or sick pay or health insurance will serve to better this country and it's working force.

Location hidden

#72 Aug 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
This "new normal" will not allow people who have depended on a 40 hour work week and health benefits to survive Blue.
Think about it...even back in our day if our employer told us they were cutting our hours by 10 and removing our health benefits how devastating would that be??
Sure, go get another part time job...and pay twice the amount of day care and also have to buy your own health insurance. Pay more to have to drive to 2 work places. Lose all vacation and sick days.
It's not good Blue...
So, let's all study who outsourced all the jobs then....it's likely we're hating the wrong guys here.....Or, should we just throw in our cards and admit, universal healthcare is unattainable?.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Westland, MI

#73 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Here is one..... Get out of our way....... Govt is interfering with Commerce......

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#74 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So, let's all study who outsourced all the jobs then....it's likely we're hating the wrong guys here.....Or, should we just throw in our cards and admit, universal healthcare is unattainable?.....
Not sure what you are getting at here Blue. Outsourcing is not the issue here. Obamacare is causing employers to cut their employees hours back to part time so they can avoid having to offer them health care benefits. It's also going to make it very difficuly for anyone to get a job that's considered "full time".
This will eliminate the employer from having to offer even vacation or sick days...let alone and health insurance.
Is that somehow better??
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#75 Aug 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made the problem completely clear with only two words from this post..."we conservatives".
You need to realize that we (you and I and everyone) are Americans first and foremost. Big money and the politicians that get elected with the help of that big money WANT you to stay divided and call eachother names like conservative and liberal.
The people we elect should be in D.C. to represent the PEOPLE first, not big money. Read the articles I posted and you will understand what I am saying.
You have called me a "liberal" in the past and I consider that "rude" also. Unless I have no rights, I consider myself fully within my rights to be "rude" toward you unless you wish to retract calling me "liberal".
The tea party message is nice and cozy but it is an oxymoron when the candidates elected via that platform do not follow it's message...and non of them have...not one. They are ALL beholdin' to some background money based agenda that does NOT represent the people...think about it.
Therefore there is no more incentive to vote for a tea party candidate or a democrap or mainstream republicant...they are ALL corrupted by one thing...big money.
I'm not being rude to you, I'm pointing out the truth...think about it.
Can't blame you for being embarrassed and panty-wadded at being called a liberal, Wigs. That is a pretty nasty insult.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#76 Aug 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you are getting at here Blue. Outsourcing is not the issue here. Obamacare is causing employers to cut their employees hours back to part time so they can avoid having to offer them health care benefits. It's also going to make it very difficuly for anyone to get a job that's considered "full time".
This will eliminate the employer from having to offer even vacation or sick days...let alone and health insurance.
Is that somehow better??
UPS is cutting 15,000 spouses from their insurance citing Obamacare as well. So, if this is any indication of things to come, even if you've managed to maintain full time employment your spouse might not be able to access the insurance benefits you'll be paying into - unless of course you're a union worker.
Dr X

Rochester, MI

#77 Aug 22, 2013
Wait until his AHCA Brownshirts start paying civilians "friendly" visits then you can watch his numbers really go down. It won't matter by that time anyway but it'll be nice to know that we fight against true evil and not just some dumb jerk.
Dr X

Rochester, MI

#78 Aug 22, 2013

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#79 Aug 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
UPS is cutting 15,000 spouses from their insurance citing Obamacare as well. So, if this is any indication of things to come, even if you've managed to maintain full time employment your spouse might not be able to access the insurance benefits you'll be paying into - unless of course you're a union worker.
But, but Obama proclaimed everyone would have the right to keep the insurance of their choice. I remember HE said that...
And also remember individual plans usually cost more than family plans so a marred couple each having to get individual insurance will now be forced to pay more overall especially if they have kids.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#80 Aug 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't blame you for being embarrassed and panty-wadded at being called a liberal, Wigs. That is a pretty nasty insult.
I have nothing to be embarrassed about however, I would consider it just as "rude" to call me a conservative also.

I consider myself to be an equal opportunity political party basher and critic.
Really

Grandville, MI

#81 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So, let's all study who outsourced all the jobs then....it's likely we're hating the wrong guys here.....Or, should we just throw in our cards and admit, universal healthcare is unattainable?.....
I think your focus is in the wrong area Blue. It is truly NOT about outsourcing. I think we have all agreed that took place years ago and the effects are being felt. Now it is about making the workforce permanent part timers. Obamacare has told companies that they can no longer insure the spouses and children of the employee. This is from more than one person I have spoken to. I am still waiting to hear what my employer is going to do. I read an article the other day that listed the different parts of Obamacare that are scheduled to be implemented and one of them is that we will have to pay one deductible for healthcare and a higher deductible for mental health care, effectively doubling the out of pocket costs from $2,600 per person to $5,300 per person. And this is going to be affordable for whom again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 17 hr WMNewsfan 3,168
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) Wed Kelly Joanne Cannon 2,851
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jan 14 Wren 1,215
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... (Nov '16) Jan 12 Oneal 25
Why are Christian Reformed people idiots? (May '11) Jan 11 nowiknowbetter 177
Sick of the Bernstein Advantage? (Jun '09) Jan 1 Magic markers 24
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Dec 30 RonDon 54

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages