free thinker

Farmington, MI

#42 Aug 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
I wouldn't call it fun, but some things are entertaining......
Like who so many around here can't remember the ultimate poll number from last November
Living in the past to avoid facing the present? Don't blame you, it must be hard to watch O's approval ratings in a freefall after pinning so much hope on him.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#43 Aug 21, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in the past to avoid facing the present? Don't blame you, it must be hard to watch O's approval ratings in a freefall after pinning so much hope on him.
The only thing you need to know punk, is you'll have to put up with him for another 3+ years. Enjoy.

Your disdain and frustration ought to be directed toward the do-nothing house and the crazies on the right drinking tea. They are ruining the country.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#44 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
They alway's seem to forget about our recovering economy, no new ground wars and President Obama starting his second term, in the White House....I'd hide in shame, rather than support these miserable, House republicans.....
Recovering economy? Long term unemployed are at unprecendented numbers:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/21/nu...
Part time and temp job market at record highs with those receiving food stamps outnumbering those with full time jobs:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...
If by 'recovery' you mean a part time nation dependent on the government for food...yeah, it's going just swell.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#45 Aug 21, 2013
pipedream wrote:
The only thing you need to know punk, is you'll have to put up with him for another 3+ years. Enjoy.
Your disdain and frustration ought to be directed toward the do-nothing house and the crazies on the right drinking tea. They are ruining the country.
Get help for your mental problems and start contributing and paying taxes, loser.
jo w

Grand Rapids, MI

#46 Aug 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/g uybenson/2013/08/15/recovery-s ummer-obama-economic-approval- rating-fades-n1665272
Obama's overall approval rating is limping along at 44 percent, and things get worse from there. Obama's numbers dipped in every single category measured, sustaining the biggest hits on economy-related issues.
One wonders if the fact that household incomes are down during this 'recovery' while 97 percent of all net job growth in 2013 is attributable to part-time hiring may be driving these figures.
Hmmmm ... ya think?
In other news, Obama, while on vacation again, commented from behind the wheel of his golf cart that his approvals ratings are "phony".
I think you are the only thing that is 'limp', dude.
jo w

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 Aug 21, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Get help for your mental problems and start contributing and paying taxes, loser.
Get help for you mental problems and get a job.LOOOOOSER, instead of fudging on your income tax returns.
jo w

Grand Rapids, MI

#48 Aug 21, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Recovering economy? Long term unemployed are at unprecendented numbers:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/21/nu...
Part time and temp job market at record highs with those receiving food stamps outnumbering those with full time jobs:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...
If by 'recovery' you mean a part time nation dependent on the government for food...yeah, it's going just swell.
Yeah, freethinker, and you would know all about those government programs...since your family has made careers out of bilking them.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#49 Aug 21, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
I think (hope) that people are finally realizing that the empty promises that sounded good but had no basis in reality aren't working. As Obamacare comes online and the promises fail to match the reality, I hope that more folks finally wake up and reject the pie crust promises that he, Pelosi Reid, etc. made.
My fear is that more and more people are going to become so frustrated with D.C. and government that rather than make a difference they will simply make a drink and watch something mindless on TV.
So rather than wake-up more and more will tune out and the decline will continue at an even greater speed.
Which "empty promises" made by ANY politician are you referring to?
I agree Obamacare is a total failure and should be abolished. The reprecussions are already beginning. Employers are now turning to part time employees to deflect having to buy into the Obamcare crap.
Then there's the Teaparty candidates...almost all, if not all, have already broken their promises about not taking money and gifts from outside parties...read it and weep...it's sad but true.
http://campaignmoney.org/reports/teaparty
Of course we can't forget the "I did not have sex with that woman".
Or..."Read my lips, no new taxes".
The potential running mate for Romney, the Governor of Virginia, who was elected on his "christian" background and honesty is currently engaged in returning money (over $100,000) and gifts he accepted from a friend who owns a large company.
The Mayor of D.C. is currently being investigated for his camapign practices and where money came from.

It goes on and on.

Until we, the people, stand together, regardless of party affiliation, and DEMAND our elected political officals act with honesty and integrity and STOP taking money and gifts from outside interests we will all lose.
It has nothing to do with voter education...if any sane person educates themselves they will find that in EVERY case they are voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

That's just not right.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#50 Aug 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your rude comment aside, I've supported the Tea Party's message all along and think that makes for a pretty "constructive" starting point for a solution. I believe this is a true grassroots organization, despite what the democrat crap machine is telling people. Yes, some have accepted donations from rich people like the Koche Bros. Yes, they've welcomed politicians support and been burned by them because, well, politicians lie and change their minds depending on how the corrupt winds blow. Yes, faux conservatives have glommed on to their group and made them look like fools. But their core values and message have remained the same. Fiscal responsibility, smaller govt., personal rights protection, etc.- their core values are well-advertised, and unlike the progressive counterpart OWS, they're not about loafing around and demanding something for nothing.
The media supported the OWS while mocking the Tea Party at every opportunity. They clearly showed no integrity in their biased spin of both organizations, one who committed crimes, burned American flags, crapped on cop cars and harassed people, while the other held peaceful protests, cleaned up after themselves and showed respect and concern for America, not contempt.
So, to answer your rude question - no, I don't expect anyone to "blindly" follow anyone. I expect people to stop blindly following what a biased liberal media is spoon-feeding them and educate themselves. The evidence is out there if people are willing to look for it themselves instead of trusting the left blindly.
And you are being "rude" by implying that people don't take the time to educate themselves.
The more "educated" one becomes the more one realizes they are voting for the lesser of 2 evils and that no candidate has kept their campaign promises and non of them, not one, is above the table in their dealings once they are elected.

So by blindly voting teaparty you are actually the uneducated one and should educate yourself and if necessary, vote across party lines.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#51 Aug 21, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again...We have the BEST government money can buy.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#52 Aug 21, 2013
jo w wrote:
Get help for you mental problems and get a job.LOOOOOSER, instead of fudging on your income tax returns.
Polly wanna cracker?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#53 Aug 21, 2013
jo w wrote:
Yeah, freethinker, and you would know all about those government programs...since your family has made careers out of bilking them.
Careful, jo...it's dangerous to use your entire vocabulary in one post. You've created a vacuum between your ears that just might cause your skull to implode. We can only hope, anyway.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#54 Aug 21, 2013
A very intersting read on what has happened to our elected officials...no party appears to be excluded and all are included...
This is not pleasant for the political hardliners of either party...
http://harvardmagazine.com/2012/07/a-radical-...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#55 Aug 21, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...
If by 'recovery' you mean a part time nation dependent on the government for food...yeah, it's going just swell.
Curious spin, that a record number of part-time jobs is seen as such a negative trend, especially when we are talking about 28 million out of say 350 million....Or, even that high numbers of Temp agency jobs would'nt be strong, in the wake of the recession and turmoil of so much outsourcing of American jobs....BTW, the jobs recovery would have been swifter, had it not been for the treachery of House republicans.....Your inability to find positive economic news, says much more about you, than the reality....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#56 Aug 21, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>Which "empty promises" made by ANY politician are you referring to?
I agree Obamacare is a total failure and should be abolished. The reprecussions are already beginning. Employers are now turning to part time employees to deflect having to buy into the Obamcare crap.
Then there's the Teaparty candidates...almost all, if not all, have already broken their promises about not taking money and gifts from outside parties...read it and weep...it's sad but true.
http://campaignmoney.org/reports/teaparty
Of course we can't forget the "I did not have sex with that woman".
Or..."Read my lips, no new taxes".
The potential running mate for Romney, the Governor of Virginia, who was elected on his "christian" background and honesty is currently engaged in returning money (over $100,000) and gifts he accepted from a friend who owns a large company.
The Mayor of D.C. is currently being investigated for his camapign practices and where money came from.

It goes on and on.

Until we, the people, stand together, regardless of party affiliation, and DEMAND our elected political officals act with honesty and integrity and STOP taking money and gifts from outside interests we will all lose.
It has nothing to do with voter education...if any sane person educates themselves they will find that in EVERY case they are voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

That's just not right.
I agree but can you name a time in history when that wasn't true? FDR was elected four times and by no stretch of the imagination was he a true, honorable, moral person.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#57 Aug 21, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but can you name a time in history when that wasn't true? FDR was elected four times and by no stretch of the imagination was he a true, honorable, moral person.
I'm not going to try to do so...but it leaves us with the question...what form of government would resolve this problem?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#58 Aug 21, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but can you name a time in history when that wasn't true? FDR was elected four times and by no stretch of the imagination was he a true, honorable, moral person.
Read this article...
http://harvardmagazine.com/2012/07/a-radical-...
Really

Wyoming, MI

#59 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Curious spin, that a record number of part-time jobs is seen as such a negative trend, especially when we are talking about 28 million out of say 350 million....Or, even that high numbers of Temp agency jobs would'nt be strong, in the wake of the recession and turmoil of so much outsourcing of American jobs....BTW, the jobs recovery would have been swifter, had it not been for the treachery of House republicans.....Your inability to find positive economic news, says much more about you, than the reality....
Curious spin on your part that you don't seem to worry about all the part time workers, the permanently unemployed AND the increased numbers of food stamp participants. Apparently in your world, dependency on the government (that should be you) is perfectly fine. Just once, will you be honest and admit you don't care if everyone is dependent on the government for their very lives? Never mind, honesty isn't in your policy handbook anywhere.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#60 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Curious spin, that a record number of part-time jobs is seen as such a negative trend
It is when they're taking the place of full time jobs.
TBA

United States

#61 Aug 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your NEW survey was taken in April, 2010.......
With that many supporters, how did they miss electing their own choice for President?
While you're at it, can you name just one Democrat in either the House or Senate that belongs to the Bagger Caucus?
Don't worry if your own search skills can't seem to find anyone, mine only found a bunch of clueless repukes!
So your saying there's no tea members in the democrat party, and there is more democrats than republicans between the house and senate, yet everything is the tea party's fault. OooooK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 1 hr Really 14
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 8 hr elenaounis 186
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 11 hr Gville Jim 2
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 11 hr Gville Jim 16
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 18 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
pope-a-dope Sat Really 3
welcome to the new black america Sat Really 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:56 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:56PM
Lions Come Back To Earth in Disappointing Loss to Packers
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship
Bleacher Report 9:35 PM
5 Takeaways from Lions' Loss in Green Bay
NBC Sports12:54 AM
Packers, Rodgers beat Lions 30-20 to win NFC North - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports