Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#21 Aug 19, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn how to do a search:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/905...
"Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey."
Your NEW survey was taken in April, 2010.......

With that many supporters, how did they miss electing their own choice for President?

While you're at it, can you name just one Democrat in either the House or Senate that belongs to the Bagger Caucus?

Don't worry if your own search skills can't seem to find anyone, mine only found a bunch of clueless repukes!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#22 Aug 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
With that many supporters, how did they miss electing their own choice for President?
While you're at it, can you name just one Democrat in either the House or Senate that belongs to the Bagger Caucus?
Don't worry if your own search skills can't seem to find anyone, mine only found a bunch of clueless repukes!
Your "search" was clueless.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#23 Aug 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Your "search" was clueless.
Like your mind.......

Your search came up empty!

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#24 Aug 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... your search found a page that had recently been edited. As recent as August 17th when I looked. So, did you edit to suit your needs? Maybe even for this little hissy fit?

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 Aug 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you aren't very strong on the political system. Simply put, they didn't get their candidate through the primaries just as the moderate Democrats didn't get their candidate through the '08 Primaries. Obviously not for the same reasons but very often who the party puts up for President doesn't represent one of the strong factions within the party. In the case of '12, Obama was the first President to win a second term with a decrease in the key issues across the board. And as a result, the R's had 3 million folks who didn't vote for President.

I can't think of one D that is part of the Tea Party. There are only 4 D's who are "pro-life" in the house, which shows that politics and reality don't mix. There are a lot more D's that are pro-life, but they aren't reflected in the house.

http://www.democratsforlife.org/index.php...

The Tea Party basically stands for two things: the economy/jobs and reducing the deficit. By your statement you are proposing that Democrats are against those things. While I agree that those D's in D.C. are against those, I don't think most D's around the country are against full-time employment and wastefull government spending. In fact, Democrats slightly more than Republicans view the economy/jobs/employment as the #1 issue, putting them right in line with the Tea Party.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163298/americans-s...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Aug 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
Nice attempt at deflection, but a total fail nevertheless. You said that the statement that the Tea Party contained members who are Democrats was a crock. You were proven wrong. Put on your big girl bloomers and deal with it.
Does your wife ever wonder why you smell like Lanolin?
Really

Wyoming, MI

#27 Aug 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your mind.......
Your search came up empty!
My search didn't come up empty, Bob. You just chose to ignore the links I put up earlier. Not my problem. Your undies in a bunch over nothing, yet again?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#28 Aug 19, 2013
gosh, Bobbie...... How can you look at yourself without paying anything into it......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29 Aug 19, 2013
What's more fun for you...being kinda backwards and in opposition to the majority of Americans?....Or, ganging up and verbally bullying someone that dares to disagree, with that mindset?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#30 Aug 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
What's more fun for you...being kinda backwards and in opposition to the majority of Americans?....Or, ganging up and verbally bullying someone that dares to disagree, with that mindset?
I don't know, Blue...how about you share your observations with us based on your activities in that bent?
Better yet...in opposition to the majority of Americans on what, exactly? Obamacare? Nope...most them don't want it just like us. The economy? Nope...most of them agree it's still in the crapper just like us. I know...it's got to be that majority that thinks Obama is doing a terrific job....NOT!
Seems the only person here who is clueless and in opposition to what the majority of Americans think would be you, Blue; you think the economy is booming, Obamacare is a great deal and are a shameless shill for Obama.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#31 Aug 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
If it was the majority of American's mindset, President Obama would have a higher rating than 44%.........
Really

Wyoming, MI

#32 Aug 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
What's more fun for YOU? Demeaning someone who dares to disagree with your "facts" or pretending that the majority of Americans think Obama is wonderful? Did you lose your math skills along the way? If 44% percent agree with him that alone implies that 56% disagree with him. And just in case you forgot, 56 + 44 = 100.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#33 Aug 20, 2013
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was the majority of American's mindset, President Obama would have a higher rating than 44%.........
We Know the truth when he can't handle a private sector job...... He is like Bobbie....

Grand Rapids, MI

#34 Aug 20, 2013
I think (hope) that people are finally realizing that the empty promises that sounded good but had no basis in reality aren't working. As Obamacare comes online and the promises fail to match the reality, I hope that more folks finally wake up and reject the pie crust promises that he, Pelosi Reid, etc. made.

My fear is that more and more people are going to become so frustrated with D.C. and government that rather than make a difference they will simply make a drink and watch something mindless on TV.

So rather than wake-up more and more will tune out and the decline will continue at an even greater speed.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#36 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I wouldn't call it fun, but some things are entertaining......

Like who so many around here can't remember the ultimate poll number from last November. 51.1%-vs- 47.2% was good enough to gather up 332 Electoral Votes!

Even better is the idea that these same people put their final hopes in a Congress that on it's best day, polls at an 18% approval rate.

In hindsight, I guess it is fun to watch their heads exploding!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#37 Aug 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Like who so many around here can't remember the ultimate poll number from last November. 51.1%-vs- 47.2% was good enough to gather up 332 Electoral Votes!
Even better is the idea that these same people put their final hopes in a Congress that on it's best day, polls at an 18% approval rate.
We don't put our hopes in the government, unlike you. We like to fend for ourselves and earn our own way. Try it some time, you might actually like it and it might improve your humor.

Grand Rapids, MI

#38 Aug 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
We also remember that:
President Obama carried fewer states in 2012 than he did four years ago.

Two states Indiana and North Carolina that Obama won in 2008 Romney took from him in 2012.

Obama's losing margins worsened across rural and small-town counties, but not enough to offset votes from big cities. Obama did better in 560 counties but his vote margin was less favorable in 2,500 counties.

Obama won 13 states with a margin of less than 10 percent in 2012, compared to eight in 2008.

"Republican governors lead 11 of the 26 states carried by Obama in November, including John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. All three are up for reelection next fall, but instead of moving to the center to attract Obama voters, the three governors, along with a host of blue-state Republicans, have moved further to the right."

http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/05/how-obam...

We also remember that one of the greatest Presidents was elected with less than 40% of the popular vote, and one of the worst was elected four times. As our own history has shown (for both R's and D's), becoming President has nothing to do with being the right or best person for the job.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#39 Aug 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
They alway's seem to forget about our recovering economy, no new ground wars and President Obama starting his second term, in the White House....I'd hide in shame, rather than support these miserable, House republicans.....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#40 Aug 21, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
We also remember that:
President Obama carried fewer states in 2012 than he did four years ago.
Two states Indiana and North Carolina that Obama won in 2008 Romney took from him in 2012.
Obama's losing margins worsened across rural and small-town counties, but not enough to offset votes from big cities. Obama did better in 560 counties but his vote margin was less favorable in 2,500 counties.
Obama won 13 states with a margin of less than 10 percent in 2012, compared to eight in 2008.
"Republican governors lead 11 of the 26 states carried by Obama in November, including John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. All three are up for reelection next fall, but instead of moving to the center to attract Obama voters, the three governors, along with a host of blue-state Republicans, have moved further to the right."
http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/05/how-obam...
We also remember that one of the greatest Presidents was elected with less than 40% of the popular vote, and one of the worst was elected four times. As our own history has shown (for both R's and D's), becoming President has nothing to do with being the right or best person for the job.
Who cares? Obama won. Get over it.

Grand Rapids, MI

#41 Aug 21, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Obama won. Get over it.
Wow, that's a lousy attitude for life. Gee, you have cancer, don't fight it, just go off and die. Hey, you're fired. Forget about getting a new job, just jump off a bridge.

Did that start in school? You weren't good at multiplication so rather than trying to get better, just go through life stupid? You can't read or write? That's ok, you are a decent person who doesn't cause trouble, you can have a B just for showing up.

Hitler/Stalin/Mao/Castro/Etc. won, just get over it and get along.

Oh, and was that your advice to yourself during the Bush years?

As I said, my fear is not in the House, it's in the voters like yourself. Thank you for volunteering to be an example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 25 min Ravenclaw 20
The curse of success - america 1 hr Idea Maker 2
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 3 hr Who 14
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 6 hr MandM 34
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1,471
Commission wants Servaas off bench (Feb '08) Tue Servaas is a clown 232
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Elf 2,338
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News