Look Who's Busted - resource or wrong?

A new local paper that's filled with nothing but mug shots is flying off store shelves, generating both revenue and controversy. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Nobody

Oscoda, MI

#1 Dec 12, 2008
HMMMM,,,, aren't the "hundreds" of people arrested between publications part of the next publication? If is is public record, aren't the names of the arresting police officers part of that public record? Just to be FAIR, why not publish thier names also? Just to be fair.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#2 Dec 12, 2008
What people will do to make a buck. If it's legal, more power to him.
Nobody

Oscoda, MI

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Just to be,,,, FAIR,,, why wasn't the name and picture of that congressman that was arrested for drunk driving published just before the November 4th election? Maybe would have compromised his re-election. Let me guess, must have been between publications. Maybe we should publish everybody who is late on thier water bill. Isn't that public information also?
morons

Holland, MI

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Nobody wrote:
Just to be,,,, FAIR,,, why wasn't the name and picture of that congressman that was arrested for drunk driving published just before the November 4th election? Maybe would have compromised his re-election. Let me guess, must have been between publications. Maybe we should publish everybody who is late on thier water bill. Isn't that public information also?
is it really that important to you to have a police officer or congressman's picture in this publication when it's already plastered on every news broadcast + website, plus all the local papers??? I guess if you want to publish a paper containing pics of ALL mug shots plus those late of their water bill, you're more than welcome to.

“Listen to the Truth, Man.”

Since: Apr 08

Comstock Park

#5 Dec 12, 2008
If you stay out of trouble, you have nothing to worry about, do you?

I like it!
Cracker

Madison, WI

#6 Dec 12, 2008
You think they will have a S.E. side section? It wouold not fit in the press box.
dog lover

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Dec 12, 2008
i think its pretty funny! you do the crime, you should be able to do the time :)

Since: Apr 08

Grand Rapids MI

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Who in the world would want to know that?? What information can be used from knowing this? This is nothing more than a cheap and dispicable means of "making a buck" at other peoples mistakes. How long will they be punished? Maybe the court should count the number of issues their name will be placed in this "issue" as time served?
4 Justice

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Not sure what all the hoopla is about here.. All this information is public.. You can buy the paper, or look it up for free:
http://www.accesskent.com/CourtsAndLawEnforce...
4 Justice

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Dec 12, 2008
Actually this link may be easier on you..(Type in todays date to see who's been busted since midnight):
https://accesskent.com/InmateLookup/
mama becky

Allegan, MI

#11 Dec 12, 2008
I check Ottawa and Kent counties web site during the day and night to see whos arrested. Its public. And I have no problem with someone making a flyer or paper about whos detained or charged.
getaclue

Royal Oak, MI

#12 Dec 12, 2008
Nobody wrote:
He wasn't arrested in Kent County. You should be arrested for TWS - Typing while Stupid.

“I can't get behind that.”

Since: Mar 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Dec 12, 2008
It's rank hypocrisy that the coward who publishes this tabloid piece of schlock refuses to disclose his identity.
anonymous

Washington, MI

#15 Dec 12, 2008
Ok this ridiculous! i can understand like a murder charge and mug shot or a rape mug shot, but this could put people in harms way. For example jobs, reputations, crazy stalker people someone got in trouble with, charges that have been dropped. like what about those people. and who are you from Florida!, not living in Michigan possibly have in mind with this offensive article??
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#16 Dec 12, 2008
dog lover wrote:
i think its pretty funny! you do the crime, you should be able to do the time :)
If you do the crime and your found guilty you do your time in jail...it's not right to plaster their faces all over magazines. Especially the woman who was found NOT GUILTY and yet her face is STILL shown in this magazine. If I were her, I would most definitely sue! It not only slanders her name but it could jeopardize her job and reputation! People will do anything to make a buck these days...and sometimes it's absolutely sick!
Chuck

Sturgis, MI

#17 Dec 12, 2008
Nobody wrote:
HMMMM,,,, aren't the "hundreds" of people arrested between publications part of the next publication? If is is public record, aren't the names of the arresting police officers part of that public record? Just to be FAIR, why not publish thier names also? Just to be fair.
They should publish the officers name. I would love to thank each one of them if I saw them. Douche bag criminals deserve to be in a paper. They are a drain on society. Waisting tax payers money by committing crimes.
grlady

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Dec 13, 2008
We are supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty in America.

This guy is kind of like that jerk that runs RipOffReport. He won't allow his name to be known, but he is willing to ruin the reputation and good name of other people.

What if it were a case of mistaken identity here?

On the other hand, if this is public information, kudos for a quick way to make a buck. Even though I don't agree with it!

“I hear the Angels of Madness”

Since: Oct 08

Small town America

#19 Dec 13, 2008
Maybe some of those 20 time drunk drivers will finally get the message and be refused service somewhere for the sake of others with this out there.

You break the law you have the right to be humiliated just like the rest of us.
Another Opinion

Holland, MI

#21 Dec 13, 2008
RollngGrnade wrote:
It's rank hypocrisy that the coward who publishes this tabloid piece of schlock refuses to disclose his identity.
Amen!!!

I hope this coward sets his pants sued off him. Legal or no it is unethical.
Another Opinion

Holland, MI

#22 Dec 13, 2008
gets not sets

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids ArtPrize effects cross the globe 49 min Sneaky Pete 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,370
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 5 hr a commenter 942
obama chides isis 15 hr Gville Jim 2
obama must act to protect american interests. . . Sun Lilly_Bedwetter 5
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) Sun Phil 86
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Sun Oneal 23
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••