Just Good News,Please

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#2712 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Hey guys!
Just wanted to let you all know Johnny made it through the surgery fine!!! We are still here and might be for another night..uge!! but he is not hurting to much so that is good. He is eating,drinking and peeing..all very good things. I am going a bit crazy worrying about my other ducklings but..Granny is there and doing her best!
I will try to check in later this afternoon. check my myspace..I added to the blog and will add pictures later too!!
Love you and thanks for the prayers!!
YAY mama duck!!! Thank you soooooooooo much for the update! We were wondering how things went! Glad they went well! Don't worry.. Granny's are AWESOME at holding down the fort with the kiddos! When we had to take an emergency trip to Florida for my dad, Nana and Auntie had the boys... and they were just fine!

*hugs to you, papa duck and the little duck!*

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#2713 Nov 30, 2007
Pprmint Patti wrote:
Emma- that is so sad. Is your son ok? What a horrible thing for him....
He's great he's 21 now and bounced back great. He still talks about his dad a lot, but never about the day it happen. It was really bad. I can fill you ladies in sometime on myspace.

“Congrats to all Graduating”

Since: Aug 07

Muskegon, MI

#2714 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Hey guys!
Just wanted to let you all know Johnny made it through the surgery fine!!! We are still here and might be for another night..uge!! but he is not hurting to much so that is good. He is eating,drinking and peeing..all very good things. I am going a bit crazy worrying about my other ducklings but..Granny is there and doing her best!
I will try to check in later this afternoon. check my myspace..I added to the blog and will add pictures later too!!
OMG, you are precious...
To take your time to come to update us!
thank you so much, I am sure you knew you had a lot of peopel here waiting to hear how things went, its official your a topix sister...
I am in aww that you did this, that was so sweet!
thank you!
what I mean is I am sure you are still at the hospital, and you took time to come to update all.
Give him a few extra hugs from all of us. I am so glad all went well and you have all your family there with you.If you need anything shout it out...
between all of us, we can help(I am sure I can speak for them too)
Much love,
We will still be praying for you and your family!

Since: Jun 07

Saint Leonard, MD

#2715 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Hey guys!
Oh good. So glad everything is okay.

Saint Leonard, MD

#2716 Nov 30, 2007
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I am glad I didn't have to go thru that, my ex husband passed away 6 years ago, to be honest it was a horrible thing for all of us to go threw. He died of a heartattack at the age of 34 and my son who was 15 at the time found him. I filed for social security for my kids and started getting payments the next month. Went very smoothley. I hope things are taken care of for you now and things will get better.

((Hugs))
Oh EmmaRae, I didn't know that. I'm so sorry. I hope your son is okay. My grandson, who was 6 at the time found his dad. How terrible.
Big Hugs ((()))

“Go Tigers!”

Detroit, MI

#2717 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Hey guys!
Glad to hear things went well!

“Personal responsibility is key”

West Michigan

#2718 Nov 30, 2007
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
He's great he's 21 now and bounced back great. He still talks about his dad a lot, but never about the day it happen. It was really bad. I can fill you ladies in sometime on myspace.
Losing a dad is so hard, especailly for a son to lose his father at a young age. We lost my father in law 2 years ago- my husband was 28 and to this day he has such a hard time with it. He too never talks about that day (his father had been battling cancer- it had gotten really bad and we went up to Greenville to visit him- left work early to do so- got there right after he passed awayin his bed- mother in law came running out of the house as we pulled in the driveway and just collapsed in my husbands arms. It was horrible.) I am so happy to hear your son is doing ok with it. It really is a hard thing to deal with..

Since: Jul 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#2719 Nov 30, 2007
So glad to hear that your son is doing well Mamma Duck! You guys take it easy and slow for the next few days, and don't worry bout us, we are here worring bout you!

Neecer, glad you finally got your beneifits! Thats wonderful!

Emmarae, I'm sorry to hear about your husband, my hubbys dad died 3 years ago,(in dec.) on my son's 2nd birthday, and my sister-n-law (the youngest of the three) found him on the floor of the living room. She is still not herself, she blames herself because she was upstairs in her bedroom when it happened. Glad to see that your son is doing well! Prayers to your family!

Big Rapids, MI

#2720 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Hey guys!
Great News Mama Duck. Happy to hear he's doing good and not hurting much. A lots a luck to Granny too.

“I think I am an All Right Girl”

Grand Rapids

#2721 Nov 30, 2007
Okay got to do this quick!

Mama Duck that is great news. Like P&C said don't worry about we here to worry about you!

EmmaRae that is sad news sorry to hear that he found him but glad he made it though.

Busy day so I will try to keep up!

Happy Friday!

“"It is what it is"”

Since: Nov 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#2722 Nov 30, 2007
I'm still confused as to who Samantha is **bangs head on keyboard repeatedly**

“Yup, I'm trouble with dimples”

Grant, MI

#2723 Nov 30, 2007
Dispatch Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure of any that have only local routes. Mrs. Dispatch worked for a company called Michigan Cartage for a while, she wasn't home every night, but was every weekend. The longest run she had was to Youngstown, OH.
thanks for the reply. my dad is going to be looking for work soon. his company is going to private contracts and it's going to be putting a lot of the payroll guys out of work. I was just hoping to hear something he could jump on before the rush. he likes to be home every night, my step mom has some health issues. Thanks again

Grant, MI

#2724 Nov 30, 2007
neecer wrote:
Kelly, you are going to find that most of your companies want OTR (Over The Road) drivers. Most will get you home on the weekends, but that's about it.
And being from a trucking family ( grandfather was a trucker, dad was a trucker, and married to one who ONLY works in MI because of his license), OTR is actually where the money is made. The problem is you have to decide. Do you want more money or do you want to be home?
Thanks for the info. unfortunately my dad doesn't want to be gone overnight so OTR is out of the question for him. my step mom has some health issues and he doesn't like to leave her to long.

Saint Leonard, MD

#2725 Nov 30, 2007
Suzy - Grand Rapids wrote:
I'm still confused as to who Samantha is **bangs head on keyboard repeatedly**
just a troll
5ducklings

Grand Rapids, MI

#2726 Nov 30, 2007
Just me again!! We are still here! Johnny is playing in the game room so we have time to get on here and drop a line.
So far,we don't know about going home yet. The Dr. will be in later this evening to let us know. He is up in a wheelchair and tryed...not very well but tryed none the less to use crutches. That is what might keep us here..but we are thinking at home therepy. Thanksfor all the words of support on here, it is nice knowing that people are prayingfor all of us.
If we make it home tonight(praying hard) then sometime after I have gotten some sleep, I will down load some pictures on my myspace.
Hey, BC..glad to see you are here!!
I will have to read up on everything else going on here at a later date..someone want to paraphrase it for me..ha-ha!!
P&C, i didn't know your husband died..I guess there is alot I don't know..
well, take care all and stay home where it is warm!!

Grant, MI

#2727 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Just me again!! We are still here! Johnny is playing in the game room so we have time to get on here and drop a line.
So far,we don't know about going home yet. The Dr. will be in later this evening to let us know. He is up in a wheelchair and tryed...not very well but tryed none the less to use crutches. That is what might keep us here..but we are thinking at home therepy. Thanksfor all the words of support on here, it is nice knowing that people are prayingfor all of us.
If we make it home tonight(praying hard) then sometime after I have gotten some sleep, I will down load some pictures on my myspace.
I will have to read up on everything else going on here at a later date..someone want to paraphrase it for me..ha-ha!!
I'm glad to hear that johnny made it through in good shape. children are so resilient and strong when there is a need for it. hope you get some rest too.

“I think I am an All Right Girl”

Grand Rapids

#2728 Nov 30, 2007
Hopefully he can go home today mama duck <fingers crossed>!

Since: Jul 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#2729 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
No, my husband didn't die, his dad did! lol

Big Rapids, MI

#2730 Nov 30, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
Don't worry about catching up to us Mama, just work on getting that little duckling home. Here's to him getting that crutch thing firgured out.

Big Rapids, MI

#2731 Nov 30, 2007
Firgured? Sorry one too many beers eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What a [exletive-deleted] gal! 10 hr bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Tue remembring 16
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue wildcat123 2,384
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Tue stewart scott 2,213
trump triumphant! Jun 27 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
News 3 Holland teens ordered to pay millions for Sau... (Nov '07) Jun 26 ian 129
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jun 24 McCarthyD 1,008
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages