Just Good News,Please

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#2692 Nov 30, 2007
Ugh.. up with the boys so I can get them to school, and yet, Mr. Neecer is still sleeping.. how did that work out?!?!? LMAO!!!

And it's swearing here today. I know the boys are excited about the white stuff on the ground, but I guess after 17 years of driving in it, it's kind of lost it's appeal?

Since: Jun 07

United States

#2693 Nov 30, 2007
Happy Friday, to those of you who need to travel in this mess I hope you all arrive safe at your destinations. My trip to work was almost an hour, usually a 25 minute drive. People just seem to forget how to drive in Michigan snow.
Mamma Duck, I hope we hear something soon.
Barbus...Yeah Wings!!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#2694 Nov 30, 2007
Well Good Morning All.

Well I got the 50th Birthday office done. I was hiding out in my office last night until 5:40 waiting for this guy to leave and he wouldn't.

Well I came in at 6:45 this morning to get it done, because this guy tends to come in the office early too, well I get here and the Birthday Fairy of OK had some help. His son works here too and he had the office all done by the time I got here and it turned out great.

Darn it I could have slept another hour. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.

“Go Tigers!”

Colorado Springs, CO

#2695 Nov 30, 2007
Radman wrote:
I have been building a small piece of furniture for my daughter, for Christmas. This has been so much fun. As I am retired and need things to do.
Way more fun than just going out and buying a present.:-)
Radman, glad to hear it. She will enjoy it that much more knowing that it was built by you! I wish I had the time and talent to do something like this. Time just goes too fast. Haven't seen you post here before, so welcome!!

“Watching the snow,”

Mesick

#2696 Nov 30, 2007
Dispatch Jim
I'm not the greatest carpenter around, but it's fun. If your not retired Jim, someday when you are, you'll have time for that. as far as building goes, start out with something simple. than work your way up to stuff with more pieces.
Have a good one man.
radman
Samantha

Caledonia, MI

#2697 Nov 30, 2007
Bri Bri 73 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are refeering to me as "nitpicking, I can show at leat 3 more reply's that were posted to or about me throguh another from her, that I OVERLOOKED!
If I wanted to nit pick,I would have done it then.
There comes a time that enough is enogh.
I don't have to expalin myself, I said I was dropping it and I did,why is it still going?Seriously..
and no, she was talking about the sick hispanic people.with 11 kids that was going to run the sale of her home.."SERIOUSLY"
I handed out the magic eracer already...
see's to me as if others want to keep it going!
I think you are being nitpicky and just need to drop this subject, you have said this like three times that this would be the last time you bring this up and you keep bringing it up.

Sorry but I truely believe no one thought this was racist until you brought it up.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#2698 Nov 30, 2007
KBs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Neecer, I'm so glad for you. When my son in law passed away my daughter fought and fought to get benefits for my grand sons. hugs to you
Oh, it was a looooooooooooong fight! He had filed for disability and had been denied. Then he filed an appeal, and then he died. We got notice they were granting him his appeal on the day we buried him. So, when I filed, it was ALL messed up in the system and couldn't file the paperwork. It had to go to the appeal office to see if his death was directly related to the disability claim (it is), but they denied the appeal on the technicality that he died while the appeal was still being worked. I could fight it, but why??? It would take YEARS and it's just NOT worth it to me! Then his other ex was late in getting in the info on the other 2 kids, so what should have happened in Oct, is finally happening in Nov! At least it came through though! This will be a BIG help to us!

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#2699 Nov 30, 2007
Bri honey.. check your myspace please!

“Congrats to all Graduating”

Since: Aug 07

Muskegon, MI

#2700 Nov 30, 2007
lol I was just getting ready to tell you to

Cloud Nine

#2701 Nov 30, 2007
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it was a looooooooooooong fight! He had filed for disability and had been denied. Then he filed an appeal, and then he died. We got notice they were granting him his appeal on the day we buried him. So, when I filed, it was ALL messed up in the system and couldn't file the paperwork. It had to go to the appeal office to see if his death was directly related to the disability claim (it is), but they denied the appeal on the technicality that he died while the appeal was still being worked. I could fight it, but why??? It would take YEARS and it's just NOT worth it to me! Then his other ex was late in getting in the info on the other 2 kids, so what should have happened in Oct, is finally happening in Nov! At least it came through though! This will be a BIG help to us!
Wow I am glad I didn't have to go thru that, my ex husband passed away 6 years ago, to be honest it was a horrible thing for all of us to go threw. He died of a heartattack at the age of 34 and my son who was 15 at the time found him. I filed for social security for my kids and started getting payments the next month. Went very smoothley. I hope things are taken care of for you now and things will get better.

((Hugs))

Muskegon, MI

#2702 Nov 30, 2007
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are being nitpicky and just need to drop this subject, you have said this like three times that this would be the last time you bring this up and you keep bringing it up.
Sorry but I truely believe no one thought this was racist until you brought it up.
I think people should post under who they really are.
or is that YOUR crutch?

“I think I am an All Right Girl”

Grand Rapids

#2703 Nov 30, 2007
Bri, I got your message on my space I read it this morning and will get to it when I get home today. I have to get caught up here can't see my desk arrghhh!(not venting)

Morning all!

“I think I am an All Right Girl”

Grand Rapids

#2704 Nov 30, 2007
Happy Dance for you neecer glad to hear you finally are going to receive this mulla!
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>

“Go Tigers!”

Colorado Springs, CO

#2705 Nov 30, 2007
kelly from Grant wrote:
<quoted text>
hubby is already making plans for my 30th and I still have a year to go.
He's bound and determined to make me old before my time.
question for ya, do you know any companies looking for a truck driver for local (west MI) routes???
I'm not sure of any that have only local routes. Mrs. Dispatch worked for a company called Michigan Cartage for a while, she wasn't home every night, but was every weekend. The longest run she had was to Youngstown, OH.

Muskegon, MI

#2706 Nov 30, 2007
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I am glad I didn't have to go thru that, my ex husband passed away 6 years ago, to be honest it was a horrible thing for all of us to go threw. He died of a heartattack at the age of 34 and my son who was 15 at the time found him. I filed for social security for my kids and started getting payments the next month. Went very smoothley. I hope things are taken care of for you now and things will get better.
((Hugs))
That is so sad, neecer just shared with me earlier her situation.
Now I read yours, I am telling you the woman in here have been through so much.

me heart goes out to your son to have went through that.
I know that was hard.

“Personal responsibility is key”

West Michigan

#2707 Nov 30, 2007
Emma- that is so sad. Is your son ok? What a horrible thing for him....
5ducklings

Grand Rapids, MI

#2708 Nov 30, 2007
Hey guys!
Just wanted to let you all know Johnny made it through the surgery fine!!! We are still here and might be for another night..uge!! but he is not hurting to much so that is good. He is eating,drinking and peeing..all very good things. I am going a bit crazy worrying about my other ducklings but..Granny is there and doing her best!
I will try to check in later this afternoon. check my myspace..I added to the blog and will add pictures later too!!
Love you and thanks for the prayers!!

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#2709 Nov 30, 2007
Bri Bri 73 wrote:
lol I was just getting ready to tell you to
HA!

Check yours again! There is a 'book' waiting for you!

*hugs*

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#2710 Nov 30, 2007
Kelly, you are going to find that most of your companies want OTR (Over The Road) drivers. Most will get you home on the weekends, but that's about it.

And being from a trucking family ( grandfather was a trucker, dad was a trucker, and married to one who ONLY works in MI because of his license), OTR is actually where the money is made. The problem is you have to decide. Do you want more money or do you want to be home?

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#2711 Nov 30, 2007
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
((Hugs))
They will.. and thank you!

I would have had the payments in July if things would have gone smoothly. But with the disability appeal in the system, NOTHING could get around it. And then everything had to be sent to the appeals office in IL to get cleared! That was sent in July, and it took until OCTOBER for them to actually look at it and deny! Then the other ex was late getting her info in (yes I wanted to b!tch slap her!) and the claim could NOT be filed until ALL the info was in! that was finally done on the 19th, and they acted VERY quickly on that! Now it's a wait and see when we will get the funds! They said on or around the 30th(today), but we all know that's give or take a week! LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 21 hr a commenter 1,131
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Sntw 2,776
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... Sun Cuddles6778 284
So glad Hillary is not President Dec 1 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
Amway Fireworks (May '09) Nov 29 Amwaysux 88
News WZZM13 - Holland Police looking for non-custodi... (May '07) Nov 27 TRUTH 22
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Nov 27 TruthTeller 5

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages