Since: Jul 07

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

do any "older" people out there remember the GRIT NEWS PAPER?.I'm 53 and i remember running to the store and getting it for my grandmother when i was very young,anyways,it was a paper with ONLY GOOD NEWS,nothing bad.My grandma loved it and i used to laugh about it,now i FULLY UNDERSTAND why that was the only paper she'd read.is there still such a paper or anything similar? post it if you know,otherwise just post some GOOD NEWS,ANYTHING...So when we all can't take reading the sad and horrible news of the day ,we will have a spot to read the good and funny stuff.looking forward to smiling.
hmmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Good news... I have been baking a wedding cake all day and it is going very well. It will be beautiful but unique when it is finished. Peach colored frosting, with smooth round edges, small clusters of roses, forgetme nots adn lily of the valleys on each layer. Should be wonderful for the wedding.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

see,now that sounds just beautiful !!!And a happy event to follow ,thank you
Beth

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Most days, if it weren't for bad news, the media wouldn't have any news at all.

Here's some good news: It was a beautiful, hot summer day today! A day that is what summer is all about! Yeah!
Mom of 6

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

My 10 year old just got back today from Girl Scout Camp and enjoyed her 4 days away in the woods(except the mosquitoes). My 16 year old special needs son helped me rake the back yard last night without too much complaining. My husband had a good day at work and is now in bed resting for tomorrow. I have lost 5 pounds since moving into my new house 2 weeks ago. yeah!

I am happy and tired from the heat but pretty much enjoyed the day. I am going to become a grandmother for the 3rd time in Jan. or Feb. of next year as one of my older daughters is pregnant for the 1st time.

My deceased sons birthday was July 23rd and I cried but did not cry for a week straight like in previous years.

My mom is doing okay and I worry about her a lot because she lives up north by herself. I called her today and had a nice long conversation with her.And by the way SharonB. she said to tell you thanks for starting this blog because she too said to find something good in everyday to help with the emotions from all the bad news in the world.

So on an end note I would just like to tell everyone "Have a great day!"

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

mom of 6: Tell your mom,she is welcome. hope everyone has a great day !!!
Pat

Chatfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

My sister's fiance, a Marine on his 3rd tour of duty, was shot by a sniper in Iraq back in January. He is now a quadripalegic. He should have bee nkilled by the shot to his spine, he should have died when he developed a 108.8 fever, and he shouldnt have made it thru a life saving surgery to prevent meningites. He has been in Bethesda and most recently (since March) in Richmond, VA.

We got the news yesterday that his traech is coming out by Friday, and that he will hopefully be home mid to the end of September- along with my sister who has been down there since he got back to the states! YAY!
hmmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Pat wrote:
My sister's fiance, a Marine on his 3rd tour of duty, was shot by a sniper in Iraq back in January. He is now a quadripalegic. He should have bee nkilled by the shot to his spine, he should have died when he developed a 108.8 fever, and he shouldnt have made it thru a life saving surgery to prevent meningites. He has been in Bethesda and most recently (since March) in Richmond, VA.
We got the news yesterday that his traech is coming out by Friday, and that he will hopefully be home mid to the end of September- along with my sister who has been down there since he got back to the states! YAY!
Great news...besure to thank him for all he has done for all of us

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Way to go Sharon!

Good news? Let's see? I had my baby shower on saturday and got lots of stuff for my baby girl that'll be here end of september!!!

My husband had his first full week back to work last week! He hurt his arm and has been off all summer long now, and short term disability wasn't paying anything worth while.$100 bucks a week after taxes and health insurance. Wow! Who can live off that?

My child support is finally coming on a regular basis now instead of one payment every couple of months.

And I have a 3 day weekend coming up after tomorrow!
Resident of GR

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

I have three of the most adorable cousins a person could ask for. They're my surrogate children as I'm single and soon to be 36th! They are precious to me and I moved from Minnesota back to Michigan just so I could be a part of their lives when the oldes was born eight years ago.

On Tuesday, my birthday, I will be spending the day with them and their mom at the Toledo Zoo. I feel like I'm ten again - I can hardly wait!:)

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

YAY P&C!!!

Ok... good news good news....

Today is Thursday, it's not as hot as it was yesterday. Hubby won't have a 20 hr day in Detroit today and should be home in time for dinner.

Tomorrow's Friday and then it's the weekend! Kids are behaving today.. but the dogs are another story.. LOL

Oh!!! AND..... ONLY 33 more days until the kids go back to school on Sept 4! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

<BIG grin!>

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

And yes, I'm counting down the days. I haven't gotten desperate enough to count hours. The numbers are shorter if I use days!

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

neecer wrote:
And yes, I'm counting down the days. I haven't gotten desperate enough to count hours. The numbers are shorter if I use days!
lol

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Sharon B wrote:
do any "older" people out there remember the GRIT NEWS PAPER?.I'm 53 and i remember running to the store and getting it for my grandmother when i was very young,anyways,it was a paper with ONLY GOOD NEWS,nothing bad.My grandma loved it and i used to laugh about it,now i FULLY UNDERSTAND why that was the only paper she'd read.is there still such a paper or anything similar? post it if you know,otherwise just post some GOOD NEWS,ANYTHING...So when we all can't take reading the sad and horrible news of the day ,we will have a spot to read the good and funny stuff.looking forward to smiling.
How funny, I'm 43, and I remember reading "The Grit" while at my grandparents house. What an awesome idea for a good news post, the news is full of so much tragedy these days.
Everyone have a wonderful day.
AJW

Lithia Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

A few years back... I can't remember how many... sometime during or after college... so around 1998 or so, there was a similar paper in Chicago. A friend of mine lived there and he used to get it. That's the only one I know of, and it might not be in circulation anymore.

My good news... my little girl is starting to scoot and crawl (albeit backwards)... and my little boy is occasionally going on the potty now.:)

P&C, I got a magazine "Birth to 1st Birthday" and there is an ad in it for free stuff. There is a website for Enfamil (I think that's the one) and you can sign up and get a free diaper bag, free samples, free information, and lots of $$$ saving coupons. I thought of you when I came across it last night. You can google it. There are lots of other free offers for expectant parents if you google it too.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

if you need a good laugh go to :LAUGHING BABY VIDEO its is SOOOO funny.(to neecer,)my 2 oldest grandsons live in chicago and the one in high school goes back AUG.15th.bet you wished your kids went there...haha.(P&C,I'm happy things are turning around for you after a long summer.(PAT,thats wonderful news.(to all of you:have a GREAT DAY and keep the GOOD NEWS COMING

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

AJW wrote:
A few years back... I can't remember how many... sometime during or after college... so around 1998 or so, there was a similar paper in Chicago. A friend of mine lived there and he used to get it. That's the only one I know of, and it might not be in circulation anymore.
My good news... my little girl is starting to scoot and crawl (albeit backwards)... and my little boy is occasionally going on the potty now.:)
P&C, I got a magazine "Birth to 1st Birthday" and there is an ad in it for free stuff. There is a website for Enfamil (I think that's the one) and you can sign up and get a free diaper bag, free samples, free information, and lots of $$$ saving coupons. I thought of you when I came across it last night. You can google it. There are lots of other free offers for expectant parents if you google it too.
Thank you for the info, will def. google!
AJW

Lithia Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

pregnant and crabby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info, will def. google!
Welcome. Just be careful though, some are scams to get you to buy other stuff.
danasue

Hartford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Hi! I'm happy to join the conversation! It's about time we had something like this! Thanks, Sharon, for getting us going.

Let's see. Today was good. Thank the Lord for A/C!

My son and I got some really cool stamps today - Marvel Comics Super Heroes, so of course he went nuts! He got to put the first two on our mail right away, so made his day. Then he started talking about who he could send cards to so he could use more stamps! I just love that kid!

Y'all have a great evening!
ds
danasue

Hartford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Hey everybody - let's see if we can get this on the "Most Popular" list instead of all the depressing stuff that's usually there!

It's On!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 167
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Dr X 763
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr www 1,274
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 15 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Jul 26 rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••