Comments
2,221 - 2,240 of 2,297 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
Dr Phil

Panama City, FL

#2259 Jan 20, 2014
What is with this thread? It appears that mean, hateful, immature and judgmental people are posting irritating, negative and irreverent posts about people who are actually contributing something positive to their community.
Bill

Hudsonville, MI

#2260 Jan 20, 2014
Dr Phil wrote:
What is with this thread? It appears that mean, hateful, immature and judgmental people are posting irritating, negative and irreverent posts about people who are actually contributing something positive to their community.
I hear ya Dr. P. Are you referring to those looking upon media people as a set of cans and pair of legs or those who are chiding the posters that ogle women and see them as sex objects? Just want to know before I rate your post.
Casual Observer

Holland, MI

#2261 Jan 28, 2014
Bill and Phil, you need to take a pill. The thread was started by posing the question, "Who are some of West Michigan's hottest news anchors?"

Of COURSE, the responses are going to be of a sexual nature, to answer a question of a sexual nature. Dr. Phil, you of ALL idiots should know that. Don't you have some gay, cross-dressing, sexually repressed teenager to save and hug?

Meanwhile, Emily Linnert and Lauren Stanton's breasts have looked wonderful and firm the last couple of days....probably from wearing all those sweaters! But what LUCKY kids to have nursed from them! The new weather chic on Fox-17 is another airhead, but appealing to those who prefer a little more meat on the bone. WZZM-13 needs to keep Stacia Kalinoski for her LOOKS, but NOT to read the weekend news. Alana Nehring has a marvelous figure too!

Meanwhile, Terri the Whore has tried to plump up her little raisins since the beginning of the year, but she still looks like she eats apples thru a picket fence.

Keep Calm and Ogle On !!
Sailor

Hudsonville, MI

#2262 Jan 28, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
Bill and Phil, you need to take a pill. The thread was started by posing the question, "Who are some of West Michigan's hottest news anchors?"
Of COURSE, the responses are going to be of a sexual nature, to answer a question of a sexual nature. Dr. Phil, you of ALL idiots should know that. Don't you have some gay, cross-dressing, sexually repressed teenager to save and hug?
Meanwhile, Emily Linnert and Lauren Stanton's breasts have looked wonderful and firm the last couple of days....probably from wearing all those sweaters! But what LUCKY kids to have nursed from them! The new weather chic on Fox-17 is another airhead, but appealing to those who prefer a little more meat on the bone. WZZM-13 needs to keep Stacia Kalinoski for her LOOKS, but NOT to read the weekend news. Alana Nehring has a marvelous figure too!
Meanwhile, Terri the Whore has tried to plump up her little raisins since the beginning of the year, but she still looks like she eats apples thru a picket fence.
Keep Calm and Ogle On !!
Terri Deboer is one of the finest , selfless sharing women that I know. For you to make fun of her is beyond the pale. She does not eat apples through a fence either.
Casual Observer

Holland, MI

#2263 Jan 29, 2014
Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Terri Deboer is one of the finest , selfless sharing women that I know. For you to make fun of her is beyond the pale. She does not eat apples through a fence either.
Having stated several times throughout this thread, Terri is a former neighbor of mine. She is ALL about herself, her celebrity and her church. Nothing wrong with the church part. I have had the (dis)pleasure of being in attendance with her at public functions on probably over 25 occasions, and the way she treats 75% of the people she comes in contact with is nothing short of atrocious! I personally saw her berate a 5 year-old little girl who simply walked up to her and said "Hello Mrs. DeBoer" when NO ONE except for a GR City police officer was around, while setting up for the Breast Cancer Walk in Rosa Parks Circle. She told the little girl and I QUOTE: "Do you know who I am? I have no time for you. It's bad enough I have to be here to cover this idiotic event. No go away!" Her father grabbed her hand, and they LEFT! Can't blame them.

Dinner parties at both the B.O.B. and Fredrik Meijer Gardens only adds to her obnoxiousness. She is all about the spotlight and winning approval. In short, she makes a lot of people sick to their stomachs. Now, she only wants to display her chest in age-inappropriate clothing, to seem "with it" and "hip". She fails miserably.

If THAT screams fine, sharing, and selfless you have a very warped perception of this woman. But if that is your cup of tea, continue to worship this witch.
SpartanMSU

United States

#2264 Jan 31, 2014
Meat on the bone seriously? Kelly from fox 17 works out at my gym (MVP) and she's little. That is everywhere but her boobs!
Casual Observer wrote:
Keep Calm and Ogle On !!
Book3mdanno

Grand Haven, MI

#2265 Jan 31, 2014
Janice Allen has the biggest tits in late night news. Have you seen those?
Kaylee

Bellevue, MI

#2266 Feb 7, 2014
I've been away for awhile. It looks like some of the women on WOOD have lost weight. The head bobbing twins, Carlson and Jarrett, are less spastic so I don't have to take Dramamine to watch them. Deborah Norville on INSIDE EDITION has a new hairdo that would look great on Terri DeBoer.....shorter and more age appropriate for both of them.
Kaylee

Bellevue, MI

#2267 Feb 7, 2014
No offense intended for blind and deaf people, but is that who they hire @ WOOD-TV? This morning, I heard an audio of Emily Linnert discussing her make-up and eyeliner instead of the news or Terri's weather. Doesn't anybody pay attention to the clock and on-air cues? This is just so unprofessional. Are they people just LEARNING?
Casual Observer

Holland, MI

#2268 Feb 11, 2014
Kaylee wrote:
No offense intended for blind and deaf people, but is that who they hire @ WOOD-TV? This morning, I heard an audio of Emily Linnert discussing her make-up and eyeliner instead of the news or Terri's weather. Doesn't anybody pay attention to the clock and on-air cues? This is just so unprofessional. Are they people just LEARNING?
It's because when you're on the air for 2-1/2 hours, have producers and directors that are about 21 years old, and have repeated the same 4 news stories AD NAUSEUM (which by the way, were on the 11pm edition LAST night), there's nothing left to talk about except meaningless personal issues with Terri and Emily. I don't care to listen each morning about their kids' plans for the day, what to wear to the freakin' bus stop (look out the damn window), what Terri did at church, or what the girls of (UGH!) 8West are cooking up. Come on at 6am, and do the damn news! Brett "the gay boy" Thomas LOVES to get in on the girly talk as well. He has gone WAAAAY over the top in getting in touch with his feminine side. Kyle's Underpants and Matt Jerkhiswood aren't too far behind. On the weekends, it's a train wreck over there between Laura Velasquez and Marc Thompson. Leon Hendricks is a buffoon, and this "Coco" Macaboy doesn't have a clue as to what planet she's on. Brian Sterling is SO fake in his drama and concern about every news story. No one gives a rat's ass about the fact that "They throw EVERYTHING at EVERY story, and they're "not even close" to being done." It's as bad as the TV-13 "Watchdogs" who are "on my side" and "basically, got my back". These people will listen to ANY ad campaign manager to "re-invent" the station every 6 months. Channel 13....PLEASE GET RID OF THAT GOD-AWFUL JINGLE "THIS IS HOME". You play it every 5 frickin' minutes. Just put Lauren Stanton on the air, let her show some cleavage, throw in a couple of your new hotties, and all will be well.
Kaylee

Rochester, MI

#2269 Feb 12, 2014
MEMO TO EMILY LINNERT: Louis Benton Steakhouse is pronounced LOU-eee.....not LEW-is. Were you raised by wolves?
Mimi

Grand Rapids, MI

#2270 Feb 12, 2014
What is with all the technology and WOOD TV anchors....they have the laptops in front of them along with the IPads and they never look at them. The oldsters are probably trying to look hip but it's just ridiculous!
A Real Fan

North Port, FL

#2271 Feb 12, 2014
Casual Observer, soon you will have to take extra time and tell us how you really feel. I completely agree with your observations of the 2 1/2 hour early morning news. If I hear it once, that is enough for the day.

“C'mon. I'll mess you up.”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#2272 Feb 14, 2014
Who cares? Just gimme the news and weather then be gone until the next time I want it.
East German Judge

Rochester, MI

#2273 Feb 17, 2014
Sidelined Olympic Skier, Lindsey Vonn, has no experience in broadcasting but she is better than the combined effort of Dani Carlson and Amanda Jarrett, the Spastic Twins. Where does WOOD-TV get these people?
Another Observer

Jenison, MI

#2275 Feb 18, 2014
If you people hate TV 8 News so much, why do you watch it?
I quit watching TV 8 news years ago. All the self promoting, "We're all over it", nonsense and dramatic presentations drove me away. At first I thought it was Suzanne Gehaha, but all the TV 8 people are the same. They are obviously instructed to present the news that way.
Fox 17 news is much better. They report the news without all the drama.
Casual Observer

Holland, MI

#2276 Feb 25, 2014
Thank you Lauren Stanton and this week, Alana Nehring for "putting yourselves out there". Even at your age and overexposure to the sun Lauren, both of you have bustlines to be proud of. Oglers have a lot to look at there, and they thank you. Sure, we're disgusting pigs, but the opening of this thread was "Who are some of West Michigan's hottest news anchors"?

Terri DeBoer on the other hand, tries continuously to plump up her raisins...it ain't workin', grandma. Emily Linnert...you're cute, but need a few lessons in English and pronunciation. Another tip...don't try to do sports. You butcher names better than the chefs cut meat at the LEW-WEE Benton steak house.

Hannah Saunders.....yum !

To "A Real Fan"....when I get a chance, I will elaborate, LOL!

Why don't we change the channel away from TV-8? It is such a massive car wreck, ya can't help but rubberneck.
Local

Bellevue, MI

#2277 Mar 2, 2014
Why do I continue to watch WOOD TV? Because I want the local news and weather. The better question is why does WOOD TV not improve? I think I have the answer. My waist size is bigger than the median age of the director and producer. They, obviously, have no one with a whit of common sense or they would not have let Terri go on air for a couple years looking like a middle-age stripper. Also, they can't seem to co-ordinate their on-air ques. Oh, and quit torturing us with the Tourette Twins: Carlson and Jarrett.
Another Observer

Jenison, MI

#2278 Mar 9, 2014
Local
There are other sources for local news and weather...just so ya know.
Clayton

Rochester, MI

#2279 Mar 10, 2014
What is with WOOD TV? Are they just learning? Broadcasters often mispronounce words....even names of local businesses and they miss their on-air cues. Recently, we watched a field reporter mess with her ear buds without regard to the camera recording her fumbling. Is this network run by 20 year-old interns? There is zero degree of professionalism @ WOOD TV.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 1 hr Gville Jim 4
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... 18 hr Phil 1
why war with isis? 19 hr Phil 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 20 hr Buffalo Bull 1,326
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Wed Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search