|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Good Day,

As was just reported... when asked by a judge today if he would pass a drug test Mr. Copp said he would not. Sure learned his lesson huh?

Steelie
Another Opinion

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Lets see he was in the hospital and pumped full of drugs not too long ago. Would you want to take a drug test having been resently released from the hospital. I would not read too deeply into it.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

yeah, you have to take one for a job!
but he thinks its o-k to smoke pot the day before you go to court!
I dont think he has a clue.
they said he can get 4 years for what he did.
and he goes to court fd-up !!( no I couldnt pass a pee test)
And! he's in collage.

Idiot!

Since: Sep 08

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

He admitted smoking dope last week, so what you all want to shoot him again.

How is it that Judge Post got himself off Huizenga's case but heard Copp's case today, more double standards. He can't hear a case where Huizena is the defendant but can hear one where he might be a witness.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Good Day,

You see, even your standard urine test can tell you the difference between the drugs in a person's system. In other words, he can't pass because he is still smoking pot. What a smart kid...

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

spell check
Skeptical

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Keep on smokin' weed. Good for them lungs.
Ya think a gunshot wound is bad for them?
Wait till you get to be forty years old and have 20 yrs of smokin' weed behind you. You'll wish someone would shoot you again just to put you out of your misery.

Since: Oct 08

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Did anyone expect him to pass? Hair samples go back 1 year for drug use .. don't know about urine .. probably better he told the truth ...
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
As was just reported... when asked by a judge today if he would pass a drug test Mr. Copp said he would not. Sure learned his lesson huh?
Steelie
hey, medical marijuana IS now legal 'round these here parts in Michigan, so quite frankly, I couldn't care less if he could pass a drug test or not, all the power to him; I'm sure, just as he has some physical lasting effects of being shot, there has to be some psychological ones too, perhaps he goes into a panic when he hears a loud noise, SO, will medical/psychological problems such as panic attacks qualify one to use marijuana vs a downer such as valium?? Or is this going to be like TMJ thing where medical insurance companies say its a dental thing for dental insurance to cover and dental insurance companies say its a medical thing for medical insurance to cover??....with that being said, I don't care if the kid smokes pot
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Over 50 wrote:
Did anyone expect him to pass? Hair samples go back 1 year for drug use .. don't know about urine .. probably better he told the truth ...
Hair samples can go back further, and ya gotta love the people who shave their heads....it doesn't matter WHAT body part the hair comes from!

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

I think this whole case will be a part of the larger issue of legalizing marijuana for personal use. The example of huge amounts of law enforcement resources, the excessive force used in the "bust" and the paltry amount of maijuana found will all eventually show that having prohibition on marijuana has been about as successful and helpful as prohibition on alcohol was in the 20's. Personally, I see daily articles about people killed by drunk drivers, the terrible effects of alcohol abuse on so many individuals and families, the hundreds of millions of dollars wasted on the "War" against drugs. Yet today the FDA has allowed 17 year old girls to get "Plan B" morning after pills without a prescription. So we are now allowing minors access to have access to very powerful and very high doses of synthetic hormones but we put adults in jail for smoking a totally natural substance. How backwards is a policy like that? It won't be long before it's reversed and marijuana is legalized for personal use, as it should be.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

the stupid f-er knew he was going to court.
but chose to smoke some pot, and fail the test!
thats just stupid!
I know he got a haircut, and looks clean cut and all,
but how stupid was that!!
he could get 4 years!
and decides to smoke some weed WTF?
I thought he would just get a big fine,,,
(mommy and daddy would pay it)
He just made the judge mad,(not a good idea)
smoke some pot, just before you go on trial for selling it!
Brilliant!!
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Well somethin' needs to make em' realize that the war on marijuana is a lost war that never should have been fought in the first place; Resources would be better used elsewhere
Good Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Oh well!

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Gville Jim wrote:
the stupid f-er knew he was going to court.
but chose to smoke some pot, and fail the test!
thats just stupid!
I know he got a haircut, and looks clean cut and all,
but how stupid was that!!
he could get 4 years!
and decides to smoke some weed ****?
I thought he would just get a big fine,,,
(mommy and daddy would pay it)
He just made the judge mad,(not a good idea)
smoke some pot, just before you go on trial for selling it!
Brilliant!!
He did not know he was going to court, he smoked the day before the charges came down.

He waived his prelim, apparently wants to plead guilty under Holmes and apologize to Huizenga so where is the GD Affidavit so we can see what a big time operation that the beloved WEMET told the judge they were busting.

Come on TV 8 and Press they are running out of excuses to deny you access other than the time they CAN keep it secret has not passed. What are they hiding now, the chicken poop nature of the whole thing.
Becky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Another Opinion wrote:
Lets see he was in the hospital and pumped full of drugs not too long ago. Would you want to take a drug test having been resently released from the hospital. I would not read too deeply into it.
Couldn't Derek take a drug test and just report the Rx drugs he is currently taking?

So, what happened? Did he refuse a drug test?

Steelie, you aren't helping my faith in Derek. I had high (not pot high) hopes for him, when I heard he had apologized to the Officer.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

bunnee wrote:
Well somethin' needs to make em' realize that the war on marijuana is a lost war that never should have been fought in the first place; Resources would be better used elsewhere
Thre is too much money in it for law enforcement, they and their worshipers will not give it up until cops start dying and being convicted over FUBARS like this. I thought this fiasco might do it but the more I read here the more convinced I am it is only when we have a more serious tragedy like someone killed in a raid who was not smoking or dealing or a few cops shot in a raid by innocent homeowners that it will end. The folks pushing it are too dedicated to the stupidity of the cause and too hooked on the money it generates for them.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not know he was going to court, he smoked the day before the charges came down.
He waived his prelim, apparently wants to plead guilty under Holmes and apologize to Huizenga so where is the GD Affidavit so we can see what a big time operation that the beloved WEMET told the judge they were busting.
Come on TV 8 and Press they are running out of excuses to deny you access other than the time they CAN keep it secret has not passed. What are they hiding now, the chicken poop nature of the whole thing.
he knew damn well he was going to court!
his lawyers did too.
if you think George Krupp (his new lawyer) doesnt know when it's court time!
think again!
He now has a high paid, highly controversial lawyer.
good for him!
he is digging himself a grave.
He is pissing the judge off!
Thats never a good idea!
George Krupp, will probalby do him more harm than good!

“ACLU--Jihad with a law degree”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Good ole Petey, defender of druggies and terrorists.

What a distinct honor to have.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

That moron thinks he is a celebrity!
Stupid.
I dont think he has a clue.
He is looking at 4 years in jail !!!!
I honestly wouldnt think he is worth that time.
but he is soooo cocky to smoke dope right before going to court!
I guess he deserves what he gets!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 1 hr Dr X 85
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 7 hr Jim 11
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 13 hr Jim 808
go blue goes black 13 hr Jim 9
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) Thu mat 217
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jul 30 Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Jul 29 Gville Jim 56
•••
•••