First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#21 Mar 8, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
"Heinz was a registered Republican for most of her voting life, the same as her first husband, and she remained a registered Republican despite being married to Kerry. In January 2003, she changed her registration to the Democratic Party. Later in 2004, she reportedly changed her name from Teresa Heinz to Teresa Heinz Kerry during her husband's presidential run. After her husband's defeat, and shortly before she gave a speech to the National Council for Research on January 2005, she changed back to Teresa Heinz."
Heinz currently is registered Democrat, and has been for a long tim. And if she's so right in her political views, explain this o' wise one.

Heinz Kerry's political donations over the years have gone almost entirely to liberal and leftist Democrats. From 1979 to 2008, she made $144,472 in such contributions, of which $6,500 went to Republican candidates,$121,900 went to Democrat candidates, and $16,072 went to leftwing special interest groups such as the Committee for a Democratic Majority, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Campaign For Our Country (a John Kerry initiative “to help build and expand the Democratic Party nationally”). Notable individual recipients of Heinz Kerry’s donations included John Kerry, Tom Udall, Ted Kennedy, John Murtha, Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Barney Frank, and Barack Obama.

or this o'wise one with 10,000 topix posts under your belt.

In March 2008, Heinz Kerry authored a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette op-ed in which she affirmed her support for Senator Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race against Republican candidate John McCain. In the piece, she drew a comparison between her late husband and Obama:

“I never cast a ballot until I became a citizen of the United States. But when I did, it was for a young man who spent years teaching me about the needs of Pennsylvania’s working families and the good our government can do for them – my late husband, Sen. John Heinz. He helped me learn how precious a right suffrage is – as a weapon against tyranny; as an instrument of hope, progress and change. That is why, this year, I will cast my vote ... for Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois.... I am excited about a candidate who knows that we can safeguard our security and still preserve our civil liberties.”

She then proceeded to malign George W. Bush as a President "who twisted evidence and manipulated our fears to goad this nation into an unnecessary war," and Vice President Dick Cheney as someone "who seems never to have read the Constitution."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
June

Hudsonville, MI

#22 Mar 8, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
But okay, lets go with the term blasted. Romney should have been blasted for his demeaning the 47% he believes are inferior because they don't make the income on par with his so they don't have to pay any federal income tax. Of which I remind you was Reagan's doing.
Romney should have been blasted for saying he wanted to repeal ObamaCare in total when ObamaCare was fashioned after RomneyCare in MA. Not saying a thing about if it was so bad why he didn't think his own plan in MA should be repealed.
Romney should have been blasted for his lack of patriotism for keeping his vast fortune offshore so he didn't have to pay U.S. taxes yet he wanted to be the chief executive of this country.
Romney should be blasted for attacking the national debt that he wants no part of in relieving by keeping his fortune offshore so he doesn't have to contribute to its revenue. Yet he wanted to be the president of that country? Why should be the question. To get more out of this country than he is willing to contribute to as he has always done.
There is so much more but I'll stop here. Keeping ammunition in the cache.
You should be blasted for being such a Richard liquor.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#23 Mar 8, 2013
Explain this o' clever one and man with 10,000 Topix postings.

Teresa Heinz Kerry

Through her various foundations, Mrs. Heinz Kerry has given millions of dollars to a host of far-left groups, with a special focus on environmentalist causes. Key recipients of her funding include the Tides Foundation; the Tides Center; the Environmental Defense Fund; Earth Action Network; Global Exchange; the Natural Resources Defense Council; the Environmental Media Association; the Brookings Institution; the League of Conservation Voters Education Fund; the Earth Island Institute; Oxfam America; Physicians for Social Responsibility; the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund; the Nature Conservancy; the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund; the Feminist Majority Foundation; the Union of Concerned Scientists; the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition; the Sierra Club; the Waterkeeper Alliance; ACORN; the National Urban League; and the Izaak Walton League of America.

Heinz Kerry has held high-profile positions with several leftwing organizations. She was:(a) an Advisory Board member of the Earth Communications Office, which creates public-service campaigns to “educate and inspire people around the world to take action to protect the planet”; (b) a Board member of Environmental Defense; (c) a Board of Trustees member with the Brookings Institution; and (d) a Board of Directors member with the Carnegie Corporation.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Keego Harbor, MI

#24 Mar 8, 2013
I don't want to join a Union......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#25 Mar 8, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Then I suggest you move to another country; "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union,..."
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#26 Mar 8, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Don't worry. You need a real job first. Topix is not a real job, in case you're thinking it is.
Really

Grandville, MI

#27 Mar 8, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
But okay, lets go with the term blasted. Romney should have been blasted for his demeaning the 47% he believes are inferior because they don't make the income on par with his so they don't have to pay any federal income tax. Of which I remind you was Reagan's doing.
Romney should have been blasted for saying he wanted to repeal ObamaCare in total when ObamaCare was fashioned after RomneyCare in MA. Not saying a thing about if it was so bad why he didn't think his own plan in MA should be repealed.
Romney should have been blasted for his lack of patriotism for keeping his vast fortune offshore so he didn't have to pay U.S. taxes yet he wanted to be the chief executive of this country.
Romney should be blasted for attacking the national debt that he wants no part of in relieving by keeping his fortune offshore so he doesn't have to contribute to its revenue. Yet he wanted to be the president of that country? Why should be the question. To get more out of this country than he is willing to contribute to as he has always done.
There is so much more but I'll stop here. Keeping ammunition in the cache.
Careful, your ammunition will explode and blow up your.....
Really

Grandville, MI

#28 Mar 8, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Heinz currently is registered Democrat, and has been for a long tim. And if she's so right in her political views, explain this o' wise one.
Heinz Kerry's political donations over the years have gone almost entirely to liberal and leftist Democrats. From 1979 to 2008, she made $144,472 in such contributions, of which $6,500 went to Republican candidates,$121,900 went to Democrat candidates, and $16,072 went to leftwing special interest groups such as the Committee for a Democratic Majority, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Campaign For Our Country (a John Kerry initiative “to help build and expand the Democratic Party nationally”). Notable individual recipients of Heinz Kerry’s donations included John Kerry, Tom Udall, Ted Kennedy, John Murtha, Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Barney Frank, and Barack Obama.
or this o'wise one with 10,000 topix posts under your belt.
In March 2008, Heinz Kerry authored a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette op-ed in which she affirmed her support for Senator Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race against Republican candidate John McCain. In the piece, she drew a comparison between her late husband and Obama:
“I never cast a ballot until I became a citizen of the United States. But when I did, it was for a young man who spent years teaching me about the needs of Pennsylvania’s working families and the good our government can do for them – my late husband, Sen. John Heinz. He helped me learn how precious a right suffrage is – as a weapon against tyranny; as an instrument of hope, progress and change. That is why, this year, I will cast my vote ... for Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois.... I am excited about a candidate who knows that we can safeguard our security and still preserve our civil liberties.”
She then proceeded to malign George W. Bush as a President "who twisted evidence and manipulated our fears to goad this nation into an unnecessary war," and Vice President Dick Cheney as someone "who seems never to have read the Constitution."
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
And you, of course, admire someone who disdains someone of the other party. Nice and mature. I have noticed that maturity is NOT your strong suit, but being 12 years old sure is. And if you were brave enough to register, your posts would number in the thousands, but what the heck does that matter and why does it bother you so much? never mind, small minds are amused by small things.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#29 Mar 8, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Many years ago when I registered to vote, I too registered as a Republican. That was when the party was very different. However, just because I registered as a Republican does not mean that I vote that way. It is meaningless how you are registered. It matters how you vote.
<quoted text>
Whats weird is,....I've always been a registered voter, but have NEVER been asked what party I belong to.
Is that a requirement now?

Grandville, MI

#30 Mar 8, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest you move to another country; "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union,..."
LOL,....I dont think when our Founding Fathers said that, that they had the UAW & Teamsters in mind.
:)
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Mar 8, 2013
Not that I know of, but I when I registered, I chose the party. I don't know if it was a requirement at the time or not.
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Whats weird is,....I've always been a registered voter, but have NEVER been asked what party I belong to.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Mar 8, 2013
I just looked it up, it is not a requirement. I was 18 at the time so I chose the party that my family always went with and was influenced by. However, like I said before, the Republicans were a different kind of party and so were the democrats at that time. Personally, I don't think my grandfather would roll over in his grave by my votes. He had some quite liberal thoughts. So did my father. My grandfather was a depression era child. Saved and worked hard all his life and took care of his family. Totally a blue collar man that did very well for himself. I still miss him.
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Whats weird is,....I've always been a registered voter, but have NEVER been asked what party I belong to.

Grandville, MI

#33 Mar 8, 2013
Sassy wrote:
I just looked it up, it is not a requirement. I was 18 at the time so I chose the party that my family always went with and was influenced by. However, like I said before, the Republicans were a different kind of party and so were the democrats at that time. Personally, I don't think my grandfather would roll over in his grave by my votes. He had some quite liberal thoughts. So did my father. My grandfather was a depression era child. Saved and worked hard all his life and took care of his family. Totally a blue collar man that did very well for himself. I still miss him.
<quoted text>
Yeah,.....
I havent had any grandparents around for 20-30 years or so.
I know what you mean,...
I only have my mother left, and she is getting old, and wont be around much longer.
And she lives 150 miles up north, so I dont get to see her all that often.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Keego Harbor, MI

#34 Mar 9, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Different Union...... You really don't get context....... Makes your perspective suspect....... Read "Darkness At Noon" and tell me that form of govt is good for us......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman, 36, held without bond after fatal stabbi... 32 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 38 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 117
President O'Blama' Punts Again 1 hr Rob 4
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) 2 hr just the tip 303
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 6 hr Rob 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 7 hr Buffalo Bull 1,331
Meet The Press 9 hr Oneal 7
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••