First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Is this a double standard with the GOP by rushing RTW? It did leave an opening for negotiations with current contracts.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/michigan/GOP-q...
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#2 Mar 6, 2013
I seem to remember something about Snyder issuing some kind of a stern warning about this happening just recently.

"Some Republican lawmakers are calling those rush contracts into question as a matter of avoiding legislative intent,...".
Heeya. Trying to avoid the legislative intent to kill unions and worker rights.

"I find it ironic that the people complaining about these groups trying to extend their contracts or reopen their contracts before right-to-work are, in fact, the very same people who didn't have a problem running the legislation through without a public hearing or committee meeting," said Dillon.
It's just the way they work Brandon. Sad that they have no integrity to the whole of their constituency, but it's just what they do.

"Rep. Al Pscholka (R-Stevensville) says if contracts are going to be extended for a longer than normal time, there should be a benefit to the taxpayer. If not, he says, such contracts should undergo legislative scrutiny."
Oh I see, NOW it's acceptable for intrusion.

[Republican Rep. Tom McMillin of Rochester Hills] "What are taxpayers getting for their 10-year or 8-year contract in the Wayne State instance? What are students getting?"
Hey stupid, it would give them monetary figures that can be counted on for the 10-year or 8-year period. Makes it easier to establish budgets in a long term.
A comptrollers worse nightmare.(that's sarcastic by-the-way for those who won't recognize it)

One would have to use an industrial sized backhoe to dig up the rock these people crawled out from under.
Really

Grandville, MI

#3 Mar 7, 2013
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The unions are being destroyed! The Republicans are destroying this country! The Republicans need to die or at the very least just go away! We need a one party system! Whatever.
Really

Grandville, MI

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Oooops....forgot one: The businesses are joining the Republicans and ONLY contribute to Republicans in destroying the country. sorry, my bad.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Not one person said the sky is falling, must be your illusional interpretation again.
Really wrote:
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The unions are being destroyed! The Republicans are destroying this country! The Republicans need to die or at the very least just go away! We need a one party system! Whatever.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Ooops forgot one. You must have had another lunch with Peter Secchia today. LMAO!!
Really wrote:
Oooops....forgot one: The businesses are joining the Republicans and ONLY contribute to Republicans in destroying the country. sorry, my bad.
Really

Grandville, MI

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Ooops forgot one. You must have had another lunch with Peter Secchia today. LMAO!!
<quoted text>
You are the liar, but nice try. I never said I had lunch with Pete Secchia. I said I was introduced to him. The fact that you refuse to believe me isn't my problem, it's yours. Your arrogance is your undoing. And yes, you and SIB and others run around crying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", but strangely, only about Republicans while at the same time totally ignoring and endorsing what Obama is doing.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Mar 7, 2013
Sorry my dear but you are the one lying once again. Remember that whopper of the lie that DeVos was out of the hotel business. But hey you never answer for your lies. When did I ever say the sky is falling? Where have I posted and endorsement for what Obama is doing? Oh and BTW, Kerry cannot just give government money away like you stated he did to Egypt. Congress has to approve the expenditure first.
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You are the liar, but nice try. I never said I had lunch with Pete Secchia. I said I was introduced to him. The fact that you refuse to believe me isn't my problem, it's yours. Your arrogance is your undoing. And yes, you and SIB and others run around crying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", but strangely, only about Republicans while at the same time totally ignoring and endorsing what Obama is doing.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Sorry my dear but you are the one lying once again. Remember that whopper of the lie that DeVos was out of the hotel business. But hey you never answer for your lies. When did I ever say the sky is falling? Where have I posted and endorsement for what Obama is doing? Oh and BTW, Kerry cannot just give government money away like you stated he did to Egypt. Congress has to approve the expenditure first.
<quoted text>
Kerry likes spending other peoples money because he is an arrogant Waffler.... So he goes to a country that hates the West and "pledges" money...... Like tanks and F16's were not enough....... When you pay income taxes out of your own pocket then you can send Egypt more out of your pocket if it is that important to you...... Ginger.....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Kerry likes spending other peoples money because he is an arrogant Waffler.... So he goes to a country that hates the West and "pledges" money...... Like tanks and F16's were not enough....... When you pay income taxes out of your own pocket then you can send Egypt more out of your pocket if it is that important to you...... Ginger.....
Wow are you dense. There's no hope for you.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#11 Mar 7, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Kerry likes spending other peoples money because he is an arrogant Waffler.... So he goes to a country that hates the West and "pledges" money...... Like tanks and F16's were not enough....... When you pay income taxes out of your own pocket then you can send Egypt more out of your pocket if it is that important to you...... Ginger.....
Speaking of John Kerry,....thats a hard one to figure out.
The liberals love him, but he is married to a conservative.
His wife Teresa was an heir to the Heintz company, and it's fortunes.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/busin...

The liberals just blasted Romney, because he made money buying and selling business's, but I guess it's different when liberals do it.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/john-k...

Just stinks of Hypocrissy!
Really

Grandville, MI

#12 Mar 7, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Are you disputing that John Kerry gave the money to Egypt?? perhaps you could get off your lazy rear end and find the link to prove HE DIDN'T grant aid to Egypt? As for lying, I know who's lying and it isn't me. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck. You attack anything and everything the Republicans do and you have not posted anything about being upset with Obama on anything, hence the endorsement. Don't like it? Tough, put on your big girl pants and deal.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#13 Mar 7, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of John Kerry,....thats a hard one to figure out.
The liberals just blasted Romney, because he made money buying and selling business's, but I guess it's different when liberals do it.
What? Your saying because Teresa Kerry is an heir to the Heinz fortunes she must be A conservative? Haha. Got news for you. Teresa Heinz is liberal and she's not afraid to admit it.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#14 Mar 7, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Your saying because Teresa Kerry is an heir to the Heinz fortunes she must be A conservative? Haha. Got news for you. Teresa Heinz is liberal and she's not afraid to admit it.
Really?

"Heinz was a registered Republican for most of her voting life, the same as her first husband, and she remained a registered Republican despite being married to Kerry. In January 2003, she changed her registration to the Democratic Party. Later in 2004, she reportedly changed her name from Teresa Heinz to Teresa Heinz Kerry during her husband's presidential run. After her husband's defeat, and shortly before she gave a speech to the National Council for Research on January 2005, she changed back to Teresa Heinz."

Dont you wonder why she dropped "Kerry" as her last name?

I wonder if John still has that yaght? You know the one.
The one he registered in a different state, in order to avoid paying taxes on it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/john...

http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/inside_t...

Whatever dip sh!t
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#15 Mar 7, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of John Kerry,....thats a hard one to figure out.
NO! And that's what you'll NEVER get straight. "Liberals" didn't "blast" Romney for buying and selling business. And there is absolutely no sense in any further explanation in the hopes it will sink in about the WAY he did it.

And "Liberals" don't hate business. Bad business practices? Yes! Predatory business practices? Yes! Using the American tax payers as a financing arm for their ventures? Yes! Externalizing their liabilities to the American tax payers while internalizing their out-of-control profits? Yes!

Forget it. There's just no sense in it. You'll never get it because you don't want to. If you did that would just take away your preffered reason for hating, disliking, or whatever you want to call it, the other side.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#16 Mar 7, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow are you dense. There's no hope for you.
Did I blurt out the truth again??????????
Really

Grandville, MI

#17 Mar 8, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! And that's what you'll NEVER get straight. "Liberals" didn't "blast" Romney for buying and selling business. And there is absolutely no sense in any further explanation in the hopes it will sink in about the WAY he did it.
And "Liberals" don't hate business. Bad business practices? Yes! Predatory business practices? Yes! Using the American tax payers as a financing arm for their ventures? Yes! Externalizing their liabilities to the American tax payers while internalizing their out-of-control profits? Yes!
Forget it. There's just no sense in it. You'll never get it because you don't want to. If you did that would just take away your preffered reason for hating, disliking, or whatever you want to call it, the other side.
YES THEY DID. And your own media clowns said they "blasted" Romney. But, since you refuse to own up to your own hatred, whatever. You won't ever admit that you had the Republicans and business in this country.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#18 Mar 8, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>YES THEY DID. And your own media clowns said they "blasted" Romney. But, since you refuse to own up to your own hatred, whatever. You won't ever admit that you had the Republicans and business in this country.
Every detraction from what you believe has to be hatred doesn't it. But every detraction YOU have isn't hatred is it.

So if they are our media clowns why is it you pick up so readily on their term "blasted". If they are clowns to you it would seem like you wouldn't want to be using their term and appear like a clown also.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Mar 8, 2013
Many years ago when I registered to vote, I too registered as a Republican. That was when the party was very different. However, just because I registered as a Republican does not mean that I vote that way. It is meaningless how you are registered. It matters how you vote.
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
"Heinz was a registered Republican for most of her voting life, the same as her first husband, and she remained a registered Republican despite being married to Kerry. In January 2003, she changed her registration to the Democratic Party. Later in 2004, she reportedly changed her name from Teresa Heinz to Teresa Heinz Kerry during her husband's presidential run. After her husband's defeat, and shortly before she gave a speech to the National Council for Research on January 2005, she changed back to Teresa Heinz."
Dont you wonder why she dropped "Kerry" as her last name?
I wonder if John still has that yaght? You know the one.
The one he registered in a different state, in order to avoid paying taxes on it?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/john...
http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/inside_t...
Whatever dip sh!t
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#20 Mar 8, 2013
But okay, lets go with the term blasted. Romney should have been blasted for his demeaning the 47% he believes are inferior because they don't make the income on par with his so they don't have to pay any federal income tax. Of which I remind you was Reagan's doing.

Romney should have been blasted for saying he wanted to repeal ObamaCare in total when ObamaCare was fashioned after RomneyCare in MA. Not saying a thing about if it was so bad why he didn't think his own plan in MA should be repealed.

Romney should have been blasted for his lack of patriotism for keeping his vast fortune offshore so he didn't have to pay U.S. taxes yet he wanted to be the chief executive of this country.

Romney should be blasted for attacking the national debt that he wants no part of in relieving by keeping his fortune offshore so he doesn't have to contribute to its revenue. Yet he wanted to be the president of that country? Why should be the question. To get more out of this country than he is willing to contribute to as he has always done.

There is so much more but I'll stop here. Keeping ammunition in the cache.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 2 hr SLY WEST 2,849
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr a commenter 947
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) 9 hr scirocco 88
Local News Women (Apr '09) 11 hr Keely 2,307
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 15 hr Idea Maker 65
Bengazi is back 17 hr pipedream 145
tex-mex visits white house . . . without invita... Sat bobolinq 1
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs