gun carrying man ends stabbing spree ...

gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at salt lake grocery store

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Rob

United States

#1 Apr 25, 2013
"SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News)- A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store."

Imagine that, guns stop killers!
Shawn

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Apr 27, 2013
This "news" is almost exactly a year old. Wtf?? It's reappearing everywhere for some reason.
Rob

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Shawn wrote:
This "news" is almost exactly a year old. Wtf?? It's reappearing everywhere for some reason.
Nice catch! I didn't notice that. Strange.....
Rob

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Shawn wrote:
April 27 2013
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/04/...
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Apr 28, 2013
News like this is rarely publicized and almost never paid attention to.

It's like a referee who makes a good call. They could make one hundred good calls - no news there. But the one time they screw up call it becomes a huge event. I'm not saying citizens stopping crime with guns is routine, but neither is a lunatic gunning down a school full of children. Which one makes the news??

Add in who controls today's media and the fact they don't want to give any credence to the benefits of gun-ownership, and you begin to see why this is a rare news item.
Rob

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Oneal wrote:
News like this is rarely publicized and almost never paid attention to.

It's like a referee who makes a good call. They could make one hundred good calls - no news there. But the one time they screw up call it becomes a huge event. I'm not saying citizens stopping crime with guns is routine, but neither is a lunatic gunning down a school full of children. Which one makes the news??

Add in who controls today's media and the fact they don't want to give any credence to the benefits of gun-ownership, and you begin to see why this is a rare news item.
I listened to a radio show years ago that would briefly go thru 20 or so crimes stopped by guns each day all over the US. They would read it straight from the police reports. That was interesting and a real eyeopener.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 6 hr stewart scott 2,540
Bike licenses for road maintenance 21 hr Who 8
bruce jenner!? who cares! Wed Idea Maker 15
Review: Motorhomes 2 Go Aug 31 Jennie 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Aug 31 Wyn 2,402
Old Thunder Chicken Club - Anyone Remember It? (Mar '07) Aug 30 Mike Barney 19
trump triumphant! Aug 29 Idea Maker 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages