Caught on tape: man tries to steal drugs from pharmacy

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A regular customer at Eastgate Pharmacy attempted to steal oxycontin in an encounter caught on tape.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Curt

Amelia Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Nienhaus says "they took matters into their own hands" - BS! It's everyone's job to oppose crime, not just the "government's".
Lisa In Walker

Amelia Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Curt, there is only so much a citizen is allowed to do to stop a crime before they can be charged with assault. The criminal has rights, too. Unfortunately.
rupert

Wixom, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

The guy that got shot at the gas station did not appear to have any rights.
peewee

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Its about damn time he got caught. He thinks more of himself and getting high then taking care of his family. Thousands of dollars spent on you for rehab. FOR WHAT? Just a waste. You never wanted to help yourself, even for your family. Think of what this has done to them. Oh I forgot you don't care. I hope you go away and never come back for the sake of everyone who has tried numerous times to help you. My apologies go out to the employees that had to deal with him and as well to the Koets family. But Mr.Ward, you are also a contributor to his addiction so watch where you point your fingers.
dennis

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

That was one desperate guy. Maybe his time in jail helped him detox.
And if he can afford 5k bail why not get a new drug?
peewee

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

over night in jail does not help one detox. There is more to the story then the public knows
Josh

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

If its caught on tape. Why don't they have a video on woodtv.com ?
Rob

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Lisa you are actually completely wrong. In Michigan you are permitted to make a citizen's arrest when you witness a felony. Resisting a lawful arrest is another crime.

This stupid mistake here was not calling the police when he presented the false script in the first place.
SBD

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Oxycontin needs to be taken off the market. Pharmacists get shot over it. Methadone needs to take a hike too.
fred d

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Addiction is a cunning and baffling disease that makes monsters out of otherwise wonderful people. Being mad or judgemental regarding Mr. Koets and his behaviors is akin to hating someone because they have cancer. Oxycontin is to pain pills as crack is to cocaine. The manufacturer already lost a lawsuit because they pushed it's use knowing full well the damage it can and does cause. If physicians could practice medicine without being told what to do by Insurance companies and Drug Manufacturers we might have less of these incidents.

I'm glad no one in the store was hurt. I'll pray for Dave Koets and his family. Everyone else should too.
Amy K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Prayers are the thing that is needed not only for him but his 3 wonderful children and me(his wife).
Debbie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Unless you have been in the shoes of the addicted person of prescription drugs, you can't know the torment it causes. You believe that the medication can't be all that bad if the doctor orders it and before you know it your addicted and you will do anything to get it. So don't judge David Koets. He needs desparate help and I pray that he and his family get it.
Goliath

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

I believe that if a person is so desperate to steal from a pharmacy that, that person should not be brought to jail but directly to a rehab center where they can be monitored 24 hours a day. 12 hours in jail does nothing. Koets put friends and families in jeopardy by going after the pills while with holding a knife. My prayers will be with him, but may he get punished for putting people through this so he can get a high. I find myself questioning the safety of all my friends and family at local stores now because of stories like these.
Ward

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Peewee, I think you should know that before Tuesday, David had not been in the pharmacy for months. The only time I had contact with David was to suggest rehab for his obvious and desperate addiction. So if you've got an axe to grind..lets hear it. I think that recognition should be given to his wife for sticking with him despite his problem and prayers should be with not only her but with the three children as well as David. I want nothing more than to see him get the help that he needs.
Sarah C

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

I am praying for David and his family. I know first hand, how addictions work and it is very serious and not easily handled.
Jennifer

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Peewee, Dont know who you think you are. By the sound of your name, No one important. Dave is a struggling guy, who is committed to his family. We love him and know that he needs help. WWJD?
Keep your negativity to yourself....*Koets family member*
Ken

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

what has happened is very sad but without knowing all the details to this situation nobody has the right to judge him except maybe a real judge.Dave needs real help not criticism, if people want to help then they should pray for his wife and kids. They are the one suffering
Zchuitema

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Who is the fat kid with the buzz cut? He put that choke hold on like he grew up watching WWF. Not like Dusty Rhodes but Jimmy the mouth of the south. What ever happened to customer service?
Rob

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

A few tough facts there Peewee. First of all you are right, but if you get involved get involved tough.

Hi wife and family need to say enough is enough, time for intervention and stop all the enabling. His kids are being exposed to this addiction and there is nothing nice about it.

Having worked with network180 the agency that finds detox, there is one place in town that is county funded and there is never room. I am sorry but some time in jail may wake him up and it will surely get him off the drugs.

Yet all the enablers undoubtedly rushed right down to the jail to bail out their poor baby.

Go to NarAnon, get some education and deal with this for real.
A Pissed Off Fat Kid

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

It looks like the fat kid has a thyriod problem otherwise Mr Koets had a twinkie on him. Long live Fernand and JOE. F*@k you ALL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 39 min Raise da Roof S 377
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 51 min Go Blue Forever 1,217
Local News Women (Apr '09) 5 hr Shannon 2,284
Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin sentenced to 10... 5 hr Heraldo 3
Obama Escaped D.C. To Shoot Pool And Drink Beer... 15 hr Lilly_Bedwetter 6
Obama gives ICE agents in Murrieta stand down o... Wed Dr X 3
How Putin outmaneuvered the US in resupplying t... Wed Rob 1
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••