Santorum makes prenatal testing a campaign issue

Full story: Home

Read more: National , Politics , Health , Rick Santorum , Rick Santorum Abortion , Santorum Makes Prenatal Testing Campaign Issue , Santorum Links Prenatal Testing with Abortions , Prenatal Testing Encourages Abortions , Obama Health Care , Obamacare , Santorum on Women's Health Issue , Women's Health , Abortion , Barack Obama , President Barack ... (more)
Comments
41 - 60 of 125 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
You guys have it backwards, as usual... Government is already so small it fits in the vagina, and he wants it out.... Why should government impose insurers to provide free.... Blah blah blah....
Government forcing is bigger gubment.
No oppressives are "killing" society.
"Forcing" it to be available to everyone is not forcing everyone to avail themselves of it.

de·moc·ra·cy
4. Majority rule.
5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

e·qual (EE'kwuhl)
adjective
1. Having the same capability, quantity, effect, or value as another.
2. Having the same privileges, status, or rights.

Who are the "oppresives"?
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
"Forcing" it to be available to everyone is not forcing everyone to avail themselves of it.
de·moc·ra·cy
4. Majority rule.
5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.
e·qual (EE'kwuhl)
adjective
1. Having the same capability, quantity, effect, or value as another.
2. Having the same privileges, status, or rights.
Who are the "oppresives"?
I don't expect you to understand SIB...how much do you respect those aborted children, that died because they were an inconvenience to women? How about the aborted babies that actually lived thru the abortion but Obama voted to ensure doctors could not assist them...

Majority rule? Sounds like mob rule when it's not convenient to you. Yes for cing-

1. To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job.
a. To gain by the use of force or coercion: force a confession.
b. To move or effect against resistance or inertia: forced my foot into the shoe.
c. To inflict or impose relentlessly: He forced his ideas upon the group.

As in Obama is forcing the Church to offer abortifacients, abortion, and sterilization coverage against their teachings and morals, also against the free exercise of their religion which is a first amendment protection...
Which word are you having trouble with?
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

I assume he also feels the same way when little girls are raped and impregnated by their own fathers. It must be a “gift from God.” This man is also currently defending the Catholic Church in it’s efforts against same-sex marriage and contraceptives. Yet, he has remained silent about the egregious sin of child rape committed by many Catholic priests and the lengths that the Church has gone to, to cover up those sins. That man is Rick Santorum, the current leader of the Republican Presidential field and the man who is held in high regard by the Christian Right. I wonder what Rick Santorum would say about boys who get raped. Is it a “gift from God,” as Santorum says when women are raped and impregnated? Keep in mind that a priest allegedly told a boy he was raping that “this is what God’s love feels like.” Will Santorum say that it’s different when a boy or a man is raped? In Santorum’s sick mind, when women get raped, they should be thankful for the gift God is giving them. It would be very interesting to know what Santorum thinks about Catholic priests and their obsession with little boys. I’m not saying that Rick Santorum supports pedophilia and I’m not saying he supports rape. But I think he definitely has questions to answer. And so does the Catholic Church.
Catholic Priest Allegedly Told Child He Was Raping That 'This Is ...
Feb 12, 2012 ... Despicable: Rick Santorum's Wife Uses Her Sick Child To Lie About ... Be Careful What You Wish For · franklin-graham ... But according to Boucher and court documents, the Catholic Church has since engaged in a cover-up.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/12/catho... - 85k -
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

rider wrote:
I assume he also feels the same way when little girls are raped and impregnated by their own fathers. It must be a “gift from God.” This man is also currently defending the Catholic Church in it’s efforts against same-sex marriage and contraceptives. Yet, he has remained silent about the egregious sin of child rape committed by many Catholic priests and the lengths that the Church has gone to, to cover up those sins. That man is Rick Santorum, the current leader of the Republican Presidential field and the man who is held in high regard by the Christian Right. I wonder what Rick Santorum would say about boys who get raped. Is it a “gift from God,” as Santorum says when women are raped and impregnated? Keep in mind that a priest allegedly told a boy he was raping that “this is what God’s love feels like.” Will Santorum say that it’s different when a boy or a man is raped? In Santorum’s sick mind, when women get raped, they should be thankful for the gift God is giving them. It would be very interesting to know what Santorum thinks about Catholic priests and their obsession with little boys. I’m not saying that Rick Santorum supports pedophilia and I’m not saying he supports rape. But I think he definitely has questions to answer. And so does the Catholic Church.
Catholic Priest Allegedly Told Child He whatgods-love-feels-like/- 85k -
ah, and by the same token, if you had the same outrage with the public school systems, and held Obama to the same questions...and achieved the goals that you set, not a single child would go to public school. Just an FYI for you little one so you can put it in context- More molestations are reported in the public schools every year in America than have been reported against priests in the Church in 60 years. I'm sure but that's beside the point. The difference, we are outraged at both, and demanded the Church change, you turn a blind eye to pedophiles, and their co-conspirators that agree with you. We don't want the Church protecting a priest anymore than we want an administration, and unions turning a blind eye and covering for their employee. I've posted the stats many times, search them, they are not hard to find. I'm sure in your local community you've had close to a half dozen this year. But you bring this up to shut up your opposition and change the subject. That's a subject that if you are involved in your local community, you can make a difference. I look forward to you asking those hard questions of your local school board, and of course you can't leave out the president, after all they "have questions to answer" as I'm sure you won't see him supporting any of it, including infanticide.
It still doesn't change the fact that it is an infringement on the.first amendment rights of the.Church.
Bythebay

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>ah, and by the same token, if you had the same outrage with the public school systems, and held Obama to the same questions...and achieved the goals that you set, not a single child would go to public school. Just an FYI for you little one so you can put it in context- More molestations are reported in the public schools every year in America than have been reported against priests in the Church in 60 years. I'm sure but that's beside the point. The difference, we are outraged at both, and demanded the Church change, you turn a blind eye to pedophiles, and their co-conspirators that agree with you. We don't want the Church protecting a priest anymore than we want an administration, and unions turning a blind eye and covering for their employee. I've posted the stats many times, search them, they are not hard to find. I'm sure in your local community you've had close to a half dozen this year. But you bring this up to shut up your opposition and change the subject. That's a subject that if you are involved in your local community, you can make a difference. I look forward to you asking those hard questions of your local school board, and of course you can't leave out the president, after all they "have questions to answer" as I'm sure you won't see him supporting any of it, including infanticide.
It still doesn't change the fact that it is an infringement on the.first amendment rights of the.Church.
You obviously know nothing about public schools all you're doing is repeating stupid right wing talking points. Educating 50 million children is not a walk in the park and if don't like your public school district - do something about it - and yes, you do have the option of private schools. Home schooling, by the way, is the worst education a kid can receive according to statistics. Our own school district happens to be excellent despite of the lack of resources and an overbearing teachers union!
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>I don't expect you to understand SIB...how much do you respect those aborted children, that died because they were an inconvenience to women? How about the aborted babies that actually lived thru the abortion but Obama voted to ensure doctors could not assist them...
Majority rule? Sounds like mob rule when it's not convenient to you. Yes for cing-
1. To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job.
a. To gain by the use of force or coercion: force a confession.
b. To move or effect against resistance or inertia: forced my foot into the shoe.
c. To inflict or impose relentlessly: He forced his ideas upon the group.
As in Obama is forcing the Church to offer abortifacients, abortion, and sterilization coverage against their teachings and morals, also against the free exercise of their religion which is a first amendment protection...
Which word are you having trouble with?
You should take some time away from running the universe and stop hating women just because you have tiny little pecker! One out of five pregnancies ends in spontaneous miscarriage - If God explicitly designed the human reproductive system, is God the biggest abortionist of them all?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Prenatal testing is a private sector business..... Govt really has no business involving a private transaction between client and provider.....
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Prenatal testing is a private sector business..... Govt really has no business involving a private transaction between client and provider.....
I would'nt worry...hearings are going on in Washington....many MEN will be interviewed on what should be done, about the reproduction procedures for Women.....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> I would'nt worry...hearings are going on in Washington....many MEN will be interviewed on what should be done, about the reproduction procedures for Women.....
ROFLMAO!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> I would'nt worry...hearings are going on in Washington....many MEN will be interviewed on what should be done, about the reproduction procedures for Women.....
Like I said, govt should stay out of the private transactions in medical procedures...... If you want to be tested then you pay for it directly or through your policy.......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
Grow up Bobby. You laid off again?
say what

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

AnnAgain wrote:
I'm sure you would agree, given the minor problems facing the Nation, State mandated penetration of a woman's vagina with a medical device should be our main concern - moron!
and this has what, exactly, to do with prenatal testing?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up Bobby. You laid off again?
Just a day off.

And you, short route delivering potato chips today?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should have read the proposed law from Virginia.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a day off.
Mecosta,Remus, Big Rapids and Morley...... Working the rest of the day in the office....... Maple syrup bag sales........
Bob

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a day off.
Stay out of my bedroom, Bob!
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, my point exactly ...
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take some time away from running the universe and stop hating women just because you have tiny little pecker! One out of five pregnancies ends in spontaneous miscarriage - If God explicitly designed the human reproductive system, is God the biggest abortionist of them all?
You are trying to reason with a person who doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Texas actually passed and put into effect the law requiring the insertion of an instrument into the vaginas of every women who needs to end an unplanned pregnancy.

Those fat old white men get off on thinking about inserting objects into the vaginas of young (in Texas, often brown or black) women.

Nobody in his right mind would favor that legislation.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Researcher wrote:
You are trying to reason with a person who doesn't know the meaning of the word.
Texas actually passed and put into effect the law requiring the insertion of an instrument into the vaginas of every women who needs to end an unplanned pregnancy.
The ultrasound can just as easily be performed externally (and in many states, the transvaginal requirement is optional, even though it is far more detailed at earlier stages of pregnancy). I find it funny that you object to the transvaginal ultrasound but are just find with the abortion procedure itself which is infinitely more invasive (and painful) than the ultrasound.
As I've said before, the pro aboortion crowd is all for 'informed consent' until it's too...informed.
http://fallibleblogma.com/index.php/legal-in-...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

AnnAgain wrote:
Oh dear, my point exactly ...
Then your point is off topic, my dear. THIS prenatal testing is a blood test (also known as a 'triple test', Kettering test or the Bart's test ) that tells the doctor whether the expectant mother is at high risk of having a child with Down's syndrome, spina bifida or other chromosomal abnormality.
Whenever the test shows high risk for any of those problems, an ultrasound and amniocentesis is encouraged for further screening and, if a problem is confirmed, termination of the pregnancy is 'highly encouraged'(ie the parents are pressured to terminate)the majority of the time.
How do I know? Been there, done that.
Why would some object to this? Because it's often a subtle...or sometimes not so subtle, way to promote eugenics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Rapids Discussions

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr FIan 712
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 5 hr Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 23 hr Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Wed Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head Wed Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
•••
•••