Santorum makes prenatal testing a campaign issue

Full story: Home

Read more: National , Politics , Health , Rick Santorum , Rick Santorum Abortion , Santorum Makes Prenatal Testing Campaign Issue , Santorum Links Prenatal Testing with Abortions , Prenatal Testing Encourages Abortions , Obama Health Care , Obamacare , Santorum on Women's Health Issue , Women's Health , Abortion , Barack Obama , President Barack ... (more)
Comments
21 - 40 of 125 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Your maturity level matches Sassy's. For someone who says he is mature and doesn't insult or name call, you sure have fallen into those habits. Perhaps you should change the people you admire? They are a bad influence on you. That or perhaps you should leave the scotch alone for a while???
That,"typical" is kinda rude, eh? Guess who i learned that from? Somebody that exudes maturity.....
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>...Mark, don't you agree, that with all that is going on....prenatal testing should be foremost in this election?
Kind of interesting that you mention this. The people that brought up the whole controversy... George Stephanopolous asked a contraception question in a debate a month or so ago, out of nowhere. Asked Romney.Then B.O. With his overreach ordering Catholic entities to offer abortifacients and abortion insurance. So if anyone is making this an issue it's LIBTARDS because they think their culture of death is a winnable issue.

Pregnancy is not a disease, and the whole concept of choice, is bs. If it is elective surgery, much like lyposuction or a boob job, why is it "covered by insurance."

If you believe in the elective use of contraceptives, sterilization and abortion... Step up a pay for it yourselves, as you would any other elective cosmetic surgery. We could extend it to the whole deadbeat dad argument too. If the gals got all the choice why the need for the man to support anything. She obviously elected to get and stay pregnant. You guys want both sides of the argument and either way you want someone else to pay.

This government regulated destruction of the nuclear family is destroying society. For every social program spawns only more social programs to fix the unintended consequences brought on by the former.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Sassy wrote:
Who ever said insurance was free? Sorry I pay premiums, I pay co pays. But since you are an employer you just don't like the cost continuing to increase for over the last 10 years. This is not any Presidents fault. It is the cost of medical care, and until everyone realizes that, we will remain in the status quo that we are in now.
<quoted text>
You are changing the argument from what you pay to what must be offered by the employer. Your copayment isn't much of nothing of the total cost. And if Obamacare stays, many will have subsidized coverage, while many will not. It's bs... But what's new out of the Libs.

You have me completely wrong on the subject. I'm for single payer, what drives the cost up is what is "covered"

I'm not for elective type surgeries(breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, liposuction) being covered. I'm not for unrestricted pharmaceuticals being covered either (but that's another argument). Pregnancy isn't a medical dysfunction....it's part of the human species life, fighting to live on.

But on second thought... All plastic surgeries should be covered as pretty people have an unfair advantage in life, and if everyone is beautiful, then we take that off the table and it really is then Aristotle wins the debate...and Plato is rendered moot.
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of interesting that you mention this. The people that brought up the whole controversy... George Stephanopolous asked a contraception question in a debate a month or so ago, out of nowhere. Asked Romney.Then B.O. With his overreach ordering Catholic entities to offer abortifacients and abortion insurance. So if anyone is making this an issue it's LIBTARDS because they think their culture of death is a winnable issue.
Pregnancy is not a disease, and the whole concept of choice, is bs. If it is elective surgery, much like lyposuction or a boob job, why is it "covered by insurance."
If you believe in the elective use of contraceptives, sterilization and abortion... Step up a pay for it yourselves, as you would any other elective cosmetic surgery. We could extend it to the whole deadbeat dad argument too. If the gals got all the choice why the need for the man to support anything. She obviously elected to get and stay pregnant. You guys want both sides of the argument and either way you want someone else to pay.
This government regulated destruction of the nuclear family is destroying society. For every social program spawns only more social programs to fix the unintended consequences brought on by the former.
I'm gonna take a wild guess here (not)- you're not a woman and about as intelligent as a salted slug :-/
I'm sure you would agree, given the minor problems facing the Nation, State mandated penetration of a woman's vagina with a medical device should be our main concern - moron!
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna take a wild guess here (not)- you're not a woman and about as intelligent as a salted slug :-/
I'm sure you would agree, given the minor problems facing the Nation, State mandated penetration of a woman's vagina with a medical device should be our main concern - moron!
And I'm sure you agree that state sponsored penetration of a woman's vagina with a medical device should be all taxpayer required...

Given that the democrats are the ones throwing this "issue" up as an issue....who did George stephanopolous work for again...? Clinton. Is Barack Obama a democrat or a republican.....? Democrat... 1st amendment means nothing to you, I see... So STFU

That's where this whole line of thinking gets you...how's that taste annie
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I forget to tell you your tin foil chastity belt is showing,

If it wasn't your main concern why are all the libtards talking about it and asking questions about it?
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>And I'm sure you agree that state sponsored penetration of a woman's vagina with a medical device should be all taxpayer required...
Given that the democrats are the ones throwing this "issue" up as an issue....who did George stephanopolous work for again...? Clinton. Is Barack Obama a democrat or a republican.....? Democrat... 1st amendment means nothing to you, I see... So STFU
That's where this whole line of thinking gets you...how's that taste annie
I guess I'll rest my case, come on buddy you can do better, you even failed to comprehend my post
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

They're just advancing Margarent Sanger's ideas, ideals and work.

"Margaret Sanger aligned herself with the eugenicists whose ideology prevailed in the early 20th century. Eugenicists strongly espoused racial supremacy and "purtiy"," particularly of the "Aryan" race. Eugenicists hoped to purify the bloodlines and improve the race by encouraging the "fit" to reproduce and the "unfit" to restrict their reproduction. They sought to contain the "inferior" races through segregation, sterilization, birth control and abortion.

Sanger embraced Malthusian eugenics. Thomas Robert Malthus, a 19th century cleric and professor of political economy, believed a population time bomb threatened the existence of the human race. He viewed social problems such as poverty, deprivation and hunger as evidence of this "population crisis." According to writer George Grant, Malthus condemned charities and other forms of benevolence, because he believed they only exacerbated the problems. His answer was to restrict population growth of certain groups of people. His theories of population growth and economic stability became the basis for national and international social policy. Grant quotes from Malthus’ magnum opus, An Essay on the Principle of Population, published in six editions from 1798 to 1826:

All children born, beyond what would be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish, unless room is made for them by the deaths of grown persons. We should facilitate, instead of foolishly and vainly endeavoring to impede, the operations of nature in producing this mortality.
Malthus disciples believed if Western civilization were to survive, the physically unfit, the materially poor, the spiritually diseased, the racially inferior, and the mentally incompetent had to be suppressed and isolated–or even, perhaps, eliminated. His disciples felt the subtler and more "scientific" approaches of education, contraception, sterilization and abortion were more "practical and acceptable ways" to ease the pressures of the alleged overpopulation."

http://blackgenocide.org/archived_articles/ne...
Go Blue

Farwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> That,"typical" is kinda rude, eh? Guess who i learned that from? Somebody that exudes maturity.....
Just like you cracker bitch.
Sassy

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

yea I know.
Go Blue wrote:
Yeah, Obama said insurance was free........typical.....Don't you know Sassy, it's always all Obama's fault, in Sandy World.....
Sassy

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Mark, I know the cost to the employer. I pay the fricking bill, and I have also been on the receiving end of those increases. I understand the employers stance. HOWEVER, to blame these increases all on Obama is truly ludicrious. The cost of insurance has risen 10 - 15% every year for many years. Even before Obama was in office. The PROBLEM is the COST of Health Care.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>You are changing the argument from what you pay to what must be offered by the employer. Your copayment isn't much of nothing of the total cost. And if Obamacare stays, many will have subsidized coverage, while many will not. It's bs... But what's new out of the Libs.
You have me completely wrong on the subject. I'm for single payer, what drives the cost up is what is "covered"
I'm not for elective type surgeries(breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, liposuction) being covered. I'm not for unrestricted pharmaceuticals being covered either (but that's another argument). Pregnancy isn't a medical dysfunction....it's part of the human species life, fighting to live on.
But on second thought... All plastic surgeries should be covered as pretty people have an unfair advantage in life, and if everyone is beautiful, then we take that off the table and it really is then Aristotle wins the debate...and Plato is rendered moot.
Sassy

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

As far as plastic surgery goes, I totally agree with you. However, what if someone is injured in fire? I agree that elective surgery aka cosmetic SHOULD NOT be covered by insurance.

I also believe that there should be more mental health care coverage. Do you quit treating a patient and limit them to 20 visits because they have cancer? No you do not. Mental Health should be treated the same way. Mentally ill people have problems, and it is ignored and frowned upon by society and insurance, when in fact it is a true problem. Have you ever dealt with someone that is truly anorexic, bolimic (sp), depressed, suffered from high anxiety, bi pole, PTSD, et. and have difficulty dealing with daily life, and cannot get treated anymore as they cannot afford to pay for it as their insurance coverage runs out. Probably not, but I may be assuming too much with that. However because Cancer you can see they will get continuous treatement.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>You are changing the argument from what you pay to what must be offered by the employer. Your copayment isn't much of nothing of the total cost. And if Obamacare stays, many will have subsidized coverage, while many will not. It's bs... But what's new out of the Libs.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Sassy wrote:
Mark, I know the cost to the employer. I pay the fricking bill, and I have also been on the receiving end of those increases. I understand the employers stance. HOWEVER, to blame these increases all on Obama is truly ludicrious. The cost of insurance has risen 10 - 15% every year for many years. Even before Obama was in office. The PROBLEM is the COST of Health Care.
<quoted text>
Is it warm on your planet? Where is your relevance to the subject that ive been talking about? You are addressing me but nothing I've said. I've not blamed Obama in the posts you're addressing, haven't even said a damn thing about cost increases. Chill and take you perception meds.
Sassy

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Just another one of your many jobs. Like an accountnt?
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Your hero, Obama said it when he said that the insurance companies would cover it and it would be "free" to the employers. Not our fault he is clueless how the real world works. As for whom to blame for the medical costs increasing, I might suggest you look to your beloved government. They set the rates for what can be charged for each procedure and then they tell the insurance companies what they can negotiate those rates down to. Don't believe me? As anyone who does medical coding and billing OR even your own physician. If your physician is honest, he/she will tell you. Mine did when I asked him directly.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Sassy wrote:
As far as plastic surgery goes, I totally agree with you. However, what if someone is injured in fire? I agree that elective surgery aka cosmetic SHOULD NOT be covered by insurance.
I also believe that there should be more mental health care coverage. Do you quit treating a patient and limit them to 20 visits because they have cancer? No you do not. Mental Health should be treated the same way. Mentally ill people have problems, and it is ignored and frowned upon by society and insurance, when in fact it is a true problem. Have you ever dealt with someone that is truly anorexic, bolimic (sp), depressed, suffered from high anxiety, bi pole, PTSD, et. and have difficulty dealing with daily life, and cannot get treated anymore as they cannot afford to pay for it as their insurance coverage runs out. Probably not, but I may be assuming too much with that. However because Cancer you can see they will get continuous treatement.
<quoted text>
Fire, I don't see where that is elective. But I think you are just flat out wrong about psychotropic drugs, psychiatry, and the problems they cause, but there are certainly some mental health issues, unfortunately they are being cheapened by some of the utter nonsense you mentioned. Does your side ever believe in manning the eff up vs being a victim of a mood swing?
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Is it warm on your planet? Where is your relevance to the subject that ive been talking about? You are addressing me but nothing I've said. I've not blamed Obama in the posts you're addressing, haven't even said a damn thing about cost increases. Chill and take you perception meds.
Friggin autocorrect..

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Sassy wrote:
Just another one of your many jobs. Like an accountnt?
<quoted text>
Sheesh! Apparently you can't read and comprehend only insult??? I didn't say I worked in Medical Coding and Billing, I said I talked to people who do numbnuts! Perhaps if I type slower you can follow along???? 3 friends who do medical coding and billing, my daughter does medical coding and billing, I have a degree in medical transcription, AND I talked to my physician. Talking to your physician and asking those type of questions, what a concept! Perhaps you might try it, but I doubt you would comprehend what they told you.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, and don't confuse numbnuts with an insult....er.....
Sassy

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

By your post, you know nothing about mental illness. Untill it affects your family you will never know. It is quite obvious that you think it doesn't exist. I feel bad for you.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Fire, I don't see where that is elective. But I think you are just flat out wrong about psychotropic drugs, psychiatry, and the problems they cause, but there are certainly some mental health issues, unfortunately they are being cheapened by some of the utter nonsense you mentioned. Does your side ever believe in manning the eff up vs being a victim of a mood swing?
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Sassy wrote:
By your post, you know nothing about mental illness. Untill it affects your family you will never know. It is quite obvious that you think it doesn't exist. I feel bad for you.
<quoted text>
& by all your collective posts you've proven Michael Savage right... Don't feel bad for me. Hope you recover soon...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why war with isis? 8 min Oneal 14
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... 2 hr Danielle 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Buffalo Bull 1,320
Local News Women (Apr '09) 16 hr Zee 2,297
Ellen Bacca Fan Club 18 hr Lindon 1
Missed MARVIN Week Call-In (Apr '09) Tue meandI 12
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery Mon kookierecluse 886

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••