Car buyers standing by GM

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point.

Comments (Page 361)

Showing posts 7,201 - 7,213 of7,213
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Glad to see you guys kept this going hope everyone has a good Christmas.
Old Rocker

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> In the scheme of how Washington has spent money on waste over the decades...spending $11 Billion to save GM and Chrysler and all their workers jobs, including the thousands, no millions of jobs of the associated jobbers, let alone all the dealership people.....it was a Bargain......We spent $79 Billion on the F-22 fighter, that as of now, has never flown a combat mission.....Bush/Obama both deserve the credit for the auto bailout being a brilliant plan......
Just because the govt wastes money all over the place doesn't make it right that GM does not repay it's debt.
The bailout helped the union more than it helped GM. GM would have gone bankrupt anyway and restructured. Once they did that, screwing their employees, old stock and bond holders and creditors, and started making some money, they gave themselves bonuses for a job well done. GM says, thanks for the 11 billion. We're not going to pay it back. We're giving ourselves bonuses instead.
I'm glad they are reinvesting in Michigan, but I cannot forgive them for not repaying this debt and will still NEVER own a GM car.
There is nothing brilliant about Bush or Obama. 16 years of the worst presidential leadership this country has ever had.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Frank wrote:
Glad to see you guys kept this going hope everyone has a good Christmas.
You too, Merry Christmas......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

GM announced Friday, the recall of over 370,000 pickup trucks for a problem that could cause a fire......no details yet....

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
GM announced Friday, the recall of over 370,000 pickup trucks for a problem that could cause a fire......no details yet....
I heard it is a software issue in the computer, that can cause the exhaust to get too hot, and just a simple software correction is needed. But then I got to thinking, really? the computer controls the exhaust temperature? Maybe there's a little too much "computer controlled" things on vehicles today. It's only on the 2014 model.

I've been looking at new trucks lately and one thing about the GM trucks that concerns me is the 5.3 liter V-8 that most come with. That engine cuts down to run on 6 cylinders when on the highway, and they've had a lot of issues with the two cylinders that cut out, and for some reason do not get any lubrication, and after about two years or so, the engines need to be rebuilt. We've had several of our trucks at work that have had to go in and have the engines rebuilt. One of my co workers just got his 2011 Chevy back after having to have the engine rebuilt, it was at the dealer for 2 weeks.
We switched to new Ford F150's at work a couple of years ago, and have been having all kinds of problems with them also. Turbo's going out, and rear ends locking up.
I'm kind of on the fence right now, I've had my F150 for 9 years, and have never had any problems with it, it's just that after driving a vehicle for that many years, I just get the itch to get something new.
I really like the look of the new Chevy and GMC truck's, I just wonder if they've solved the engine issue yet.
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has purchased a new Dodge Ram in the past few years to hear how well they are doing.
There is a new Dodge dealership near by that I stop and look sometimes, and those are sure nice looking trucks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

According to the morning shows today, Ford is introducing the aluminum body F-150 at the Detroit Auto Show.....cut's 700 pounds off the weight of the current comparible model......i only ever had a huge Ford van, years ago......Have you ever taken a look at the big Toyata pickup? If only out of an outside interest?

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Go Blue Forever wrote:
According to the morning shows today, Ford is introducing the aluminum body F-150 at the Detroit Auto Show.....cut's 700 pounds off the weight of the current comparible model......i only ever had a huge Ford van, years ago......Have you ever taken a look at the big Toyata pickup? If only out of an outside interest?
Yes I have looked at them. Nice looking truck's. The new Toyota Tundra is nice looking. But, they don't have a fully boxed frame, it's just a "C" channel frame and even though Toyota say's it can haul 10,000 lbs, I just would not trust it.
I would never tow anything that heavy anyway, so, maybe that isn't an issue.
The Toyota's are very expensive compared to the American brands, and the fact that they don't have any dealerships nearby is an issue for me. The nearest dealership is 25 miles away. I always take my truck to the dealer for service, and don't want to have to go that far.
I will take a closer look at them though.
The new Tundra is a nice looking truck.
With all of the problems that we have had with our new Ford, and Chevy trucks at work, I will look at a Toyota truck too.
Like I said,.... I'm not going to be pulling a 10,000 lb trailer around, so maybe the Tundra might be something to take a closer look at.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Jim, sad as this is to say, i think my Honda dealer has turned into crooks......last oil change in October, i asked if my Fit Sport needed tires,? Surprised when everybody there, said yes and at only 17,500 miles....Well it does have these low profile tires, 185-55-R16..., i thought maybe it could be possible....anyway, while i am in the office, this other guy comes in telling me that i need a battery too......I immediatly felt suspicious of these guys.......Since then, i bought tires from Tire Rack online, and they are sitting in my garage....the car has traveled about 800 miles without one starting problem....They had quoted me,$100 to mount and balance and install the new ones, so i am going ahead with that...But, the battery hustle?....i think it's a scam, how about you?

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Blue, as far as the battery goes, it can depend on how old it is, even though you don't have that many miles on it.
I just had a new battery installed in my truck last week. The last two times I brought my truck in for an oil change they had warned me that my battery was getting weak. My truck is a 2004, and I figure that after 10 years, it's probably best to get it replaced because as cold as it is here right now, the last thing I want is to be stranded somewhere with a dead battery. Besides, they had a $50 rebate, so it didn't cost too much.
As far as the tire issue, low profile tires never have a very deep tread on them to begin with, I have a set of 295/R50-20" low profile tires on aluminum rims that I put on my truck in the summer, and those tires didn't have a very deep tread when they were brand new.
Look at the tread depth on your new set that you have, and compare to the ones on the car.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Jim, these new tires have a 720 treadwear rating....that is huge.....I appreciate what you are saying about batteries...i already thought it might be an age issue, even though the car is a 2009 model, bought new in October 2008....but with only now, 18,000 miles....Here in FL, we don't have the potholes, like the Midwest....but our roads are paved with shell rock...a bit like driving on a smooth cheese grater...lol....I'm guessing that you have to be putting a ton more miles on your truck.....How are you doing with driving in all that harsh weather? From down here, it looks like this has been a brutal winter, up north?...Many years ago, i jacknifed my bigrig, outside of Sawyer, Michigan...in 42 below windchill...black ice....Mentally, it was my last day up there...lol....
Alberto Cutuli

Haedo, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Cars are great!!

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Hi Blue, you might be correct about the scam thing.
As far as battery's go, I can remember when if your battery lasted 4 or 5 years you were doing good. But these days thy last much longer.
I decided to have my battery replaced because the last two times that I took my truck in for service, they said it was getting weak. They also had a $50 rebate, and no charge for installation, so I had them do it just for piece of mind, knowing in this cold weather I would have a good battery I'm no expert, but I believe that extreme heat can be just as bad on a battery as extreme cold weather,

As far as the tires go ,this is interesting.
I spent a LOT of money at Discount Tire about 9 years ago for 20 inch wheels an big tires for my truck.
Last summer, one day when I got home from work, I heard a hissing sound and low and behold, there was screw in my tire, so I went to Discount Tire, and they fixed it, but they said that due to the age of the tires that they would not fix any leaks or be able to "touch" them again.
He said it was just too dangerous to work on an 8 year old tire because they can explode or something. So then I asked him if they could just put "new" tires on it for me, and he said no problem!
Go figure.....
I think a lot of these people are working on commission, so they are doing what they need to do to make money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

I agree about the, working on commission angle to all this....I've known that the Big Rig tires and wheels are dangerous to work on, but not normal truck tires.....I've had success, when they just plug nail and screw holes, but that isn't profitable, so they often insist on the more expensive tube fix.....Sure get tired of all the greed, and you see it everywhere....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,201 - 7,213 of7,213
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 37 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 378
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1,217
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr Shannon 2,284
Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin sentenced to 10... 6 hr Heraldo 3
Obama Escaped D.C. To Shoot Pool And Drink Beer... 16 hr Lilly_Bedwetter 6
Obama gives ICE agents in Murrieta stand down o... Wed Dr X 3
How Putin outmaneuvered the US in resupplying t... Wed Rob 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000