Car buyers standing by GM

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point.
Comments
7,181 - 7,200 of 7,213 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2014
Hulu

Roanoke, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

lolol wrote:
owned all GM from 1970 to 2008
have switched to Ford this year, figure if my taxes are used to prop up GM gubbmint motors, i'll go with a company without their hand out. No regrets.
Domestic autos are cheap, unreliable turds. Its no secret, FORD= Fix or Repair Daily..That should cover it amigo! Wait, news flash..." The Volt sold 2 units this year" HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHAAAAAAA

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

I've owned five domestics, i believe....61 Buick Invicta Convertible...66 Mustang Coupe....64 Impala Convertible....70 Mustang Fastback(still have)...74 Ford Supervan......8 Beetles....lol...

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>Domestic autos are cheap, unreliable turds. Its no secret, FORD= Fix or Repair Daily..That should cover it amigo! Wait, news flash..." The Volt sold 2 units this year" HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHAAAAAAA
There's a new Tundra on the 68th St, on ramp to 131 thats been sitting there for day's. Looks like the whole front end fell apart.
"Oh what a feeling"
HHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!
Hulu

Roanoke, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>There's a new Tundra on the 68th St, on ramp to 131 thats been sitting there for day's. Looks like the whole front end fell apart.
"Oh what a feeling"
HHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!
Toyota Envy! Are you drunk? Jim....go to the garage..stand on a chair....tie a rope around a rafter...then to neck...put a gun in mouth........DETROIT IS STANDING ON THAT CHAIR! tHE LITTLE 4(ford,gm,and chevy) are on that chair....pull that trigger jim!!!!!!RIP Derot and the dumbasstic auto lemon makers....its over.If gun and rope and a chair are not good. Drink some Jim Jones Jesus Juice...AMEN...Jimbo!!!!!! The lies will end with the cheap, unreliable autos(Fix Or Repair Daily, Govt Motors and chevy-SH$#T runs deep in ruins!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>Toyota Envy! Are you drunk? Jim....go to the garage..stand on a chair....tie a rope around a rafter...then to neck...put a gun in mouth........DETROIT IS STANDING ON THAT CHAIR! tHE LITTLE 4(ford,gm,and chevy) are on that chair....pull that trigger jim!!!!!!RIP Derot and the dumbasstic auto lemon makers....its over.If gun and rope and a chair are not good. Drink some Jim Jones Jesus Juice...AMEN...Jimbo!!!!!! The lies will end with the cheap, unreliable autos(Fix Or Repair Daily, Govt Motors and chevy-SH$#T runs deep in ruins!!!!
You just really dont understand how much I dont give a crap what you Toyota worshiper's think.
You just dont get it!
ALL of them have some problems!
I dont give a flyin sh!t about your love of Toyota!
I wouldnt buy one of those over priced peices of no frame for towing piles of mini trucks if they gave me one.
I just saw one in the ditch on my way up north because some idiot thought he could pull a trailer with a no frame Tundra!
You ever see a camper in the median after it's rolled over several times?
LOL,..... oh what a feeling!
Hulu

Roanoke, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>You just really dont understand how much I dont give a crap what you Toyota worshiper's think.
You just dont get it!
ALL of them have some problems!
I dont give a flyin sh!t about your love of Toyota!
I wouldnt buy one of those over priced peices of no frame for towing piles of mini trucks if they gave me one.
I just saw one in the ditch on my way up north because some idiot thought he could pull a trailer with a no frame Tundra!
You ever see a camper in the median after it's rolled over several times?
LOL,..... oh what a feeling!
Grab a chair...go to the garage...tie arope to a rafter...then to neck.....put gun in mouth.......Detroit and the dumastics are standing on that chair.....Toyota just kicked the chair out from under them all, Jimbo from Grindville!! Thats right genous(spelled wrong just for jimbo) Toyota out sold all the dumastics combined....COMBINED!!!! OUCH!!!!!Dont worry jimbo the rope will hold..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>Grab a chair...go to the garage...tie arope to a rafter...then to neck.....put gun in mouth.......Detroit and the dumastics are standing on that chair.....Toyota just kicked the chair out from under them all, Jimbo from Grindville!! Thats right genous(spelled wrong just for jimbo) Toyota out sold all the dumastics combined....COMBINED!!!! OUCH!!!!!Dont worry jimbo the rope will hold..........
I don't believe your claim here...Please prove Toyota outsold all domestics?
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe your claim here...Please prove Toyota outsold all domestics?
Smart thought process Blue since the number I saw said Ford outsold Toyota.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Smart thought process Blue since the number I saw said Ford outsold Toyota.
Actually, also July's domestic figures were, GM up 17% and Ford and Chrysler both up 11%.....There is no way Toyota sold more here, than all three.....
Hulu

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Smart thought process Blue since the number I saw said Ford outsold Toyota.
We see the Detroit mindset causing alot of lies and confusion....Worldwide sales smart one!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Catching up on episodes on the show, Mad Men...about an NY Advertising agency....they were courting Jaguar....and the 60's were a notorious bad time for Jags, as they were the true lemons of their day.....
SOS in Mesa

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Catching up on episodes on the show, Mad Men...about an NY Advertising agency....they were courting Jaguar....and the 60's were a notorious bad time for Jags, as they were the true lemons of their day.....
I had forgotten the XKE, thanks for reminding me how old I am.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text> I had forgotten the XKE, thanks for reminding me how old I am.
Have a friend in the car business...years ago he had an old XKE 2+2, light yellow, an absolutely beautiful car....he could'nt sell it for years, because as soon as he'd fix something, another part would break...alway's recall how relieved he was, when someone finally bought it....lol...Never owned a car that bad, and i owned a Fiat and a Renault....
Godlust

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, also July's domestic figures were, GM up 17% and Ford and Chrysler both up 11%.....There is no way Toyota sold more here, than all three.....
News Flash," The volt sold 2 units this quarter"...The Prius sold 18,000 units in 15 minutes. Detroit needs to open more grocery stores.....be in the food card business

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I've previously mentioned, the only electric car i would consider is the Mitsubishi, built in Illinois and costing $21,000 and up....But, until they can produce cost to charge figures, I'm out.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Ford just announced a huge recall of vehicles over steering defects.....My Dad's Grand Marquis might be on that list.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

....600,000 Toyota Sienna Minivans recalled for rolling outta gear.....That and the Honda Odyssey are the nicest i have ever driven....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

....General Motors announced yesterday, plans to spend $1.3 billion dollars on the refinement and upgrade of three plants, within the state of Michigan......
Old Rocker

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
....General Motors announced yesterday, plans to spend $1.3 billion dollars on the refinement and upgrade of three plants, within the state of Michigan......
That's good news, but GM also said that they won't repay the 10 billion they still owe the government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good news, but GM also said that they won't repay the 10 billion they still owe the government.
In the scheme of how Washington has spent money on waste over the decades...spending $11 Billion to save GM and Chrysler and all their workers jobs, including the thousands, no millions of jobs of the associated jobbers, let alone all the dealership people.....it was a Bargain......We spent $79 Billion on the F-22 fighter, that as of now, has never flown a combat mission.....Bush/Obama both deserve the credit for the auto bailout being a brilliant plan......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 19 min www 1,274
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 1 hr BH uses Pretzel Logic 762
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 13 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) 22 hr My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Jul 26 rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••