Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7396 Feb 11, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
want to see something funny
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2013/0...
Ford tuff ? Ford idiot maybe Ford broke yup
Just have to love seeing idiot's doing that to their own truck.....How'd you like to see his future insurance quotes?.....lol....that's if his agent, never see's this video....

Location hidden

#7397 Feb 17, 2013
Very rare recall for BMW announced today....mostly the 3 series, their least expensive line and most popular.....

Location hidden

#7398 May 13, 2013
Huge recall for Jeep....Grand Cherokees and others, all the way back to 2005-2012 models, evidently circuitboards....very expensive for the manufacturer........A month ago, Subaru had recalled their Foresters, a highly ranked small SUV, that rarely has recalls.....

Since: May 13

Ahmedabad, India

#7399 Jun 4, 2013
Foriegn car producers don't have the stress of the UAW. U.S. car producers together spend a large number of tremendous amounts every year for what amounts to nothing more than a Mafia-style protection disturbance that, actually, protects them from nothing.

Location hidden

#7400 Jun 4, 2013
I see Ford is going through a huge recall over fuel leaks on several models.....Good news is the domestics are shortening their annual summer break....due to heavy sales and dwindling inventorys....Great Signs of America's Economic Health.....
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7401 Jun 11, 2013
Brand/BLIND loyalty. Victims to be sacrificed for a NAME. But a qualiity product or service I think not.

Location hidden

#7402 Jun 12, 2013
See in the news, Chrysler finally conceded, and recalled the 2.3 million Jeeps with possiility of fuel leakage problems....
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#7403 Jun 12, 2013
You spend your life being suckers and seeing things destroyed while individuals live high off the hog on your meager wealth. You can't toot buy American when the same is screwing you over. this is not a one day, one week , one month, one year, one decade phenonomen. We peaked after world War 2 and went into we are owed mode. Those who were employed by that motto made out the best until we self destructed. The auto industry giveth and the auto industry taketh away. Detroit was the place to be at one time and now a pariah city to avoid at all costs while the collectors live good in the semi rural areas and other places in America. Do not purchase an American made car unless it is one third less then the comparable
Asian vehicle. Get it! I purchased American vehicles over the decades and got the screwing of lemon after lemon with obnoxious corporate and dealer responses when things went wrong. And they did. The American auto industry should be dead. It is the conservatives who purchase American vehicles at a much higher level due to patriotism and get crapped on for it. Government keeps Detroit alive for our endless wars. So we convert plants for vehicles if needed and that is what we are good for anymore.

Location hidden

#7404 Jun 16, 2013
My dad is the same way, also....it was Caddilacs and Buicks, long as i can remember....numerous recalls and outrageous repair bills.....he is 82 now, still wanted a large, american car....Got him into a Grand Marquis....a great value for those that won't go foreign, but still want large....that generation, rarely give in...my generation switched over with the beetles into japanese, german and english....I've had Volvo's and a Benz.....I've had killer luck with Honda's.....but only built in Japan.....Their V.I.N. number will start with a J.....
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7405 Jun 17, 2013
serfs up wrote:
You spend your life being suckers and seeing things destroyed while individuals live high off the hog on your meager wealth. You can't toot buy American when the same is screwing you over. this is not a one day, one week , one month, one year, one decade phenonomen. We peaked after world War 2 and went into we are owed mode. Those who were employed by that motto made out the best until we self destructed. The auto industry giveth and the auto industry taketh away. Detroit was the place to be at one time and now a pariah city to avoid at all costs while the collectors live good in the semi rural areas and other places in America. Do not purchase an American made car unless it is one third less then the comparable
Asian vehicle. Get it! I purchased American vehicles over the decades and got the screwing of lemon after lemon with obnoxious corporate and dealer responses when things went wrong. And they did. The American auto industry should be dead. It is the conservatives who purchase American vehicles at a much higher level due to patriotism and get crapped on for it. Government keeps Detroit alive for our endless wars. So we convert plants for vehicles if needed and that is what we are good for anymore.
Can't agree more!

"...obnoxious corporate and dealer responses..."

That's it in a nut shell. Customer service and respect eludes them. The dealer or franchise has been the weak link in the American Auto Industry for decades. The customer-dealer relationship is too confrontational with each other just assuming they are out to screw each other. I paid cash for my last car I couldn't believe the paperwork I still had to sign besides the receipt and title,most it says please don't or you can't sue me.

I have to laugh at the contrived customer surveys afterwards in which you take your life or put your car's future maintenance in some resentfull hands if you don't give them a perfect score. That's the problem though. They are nothing but an internal tool, not a customer service tool.

The American car companies still have planned obsolesence down to science yet I heard many foreign cars are designed to last well over 100K. If you get 40-50K on an American car without major trouble consider yourself ultra lucky.
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#7406 Jun 18, 2013
RelicsOnTheShelf wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't agree more!
"...obnoxious corporate and dealer responses..."
That's it in a nut shell. Customer service and respect eludes them. The dealer or franchise has been the weak link in the American Auto Industry for decades. The customer-dealer relationship is too confrontational with each other just assuming they are out to screw each other. I paid cash for my last car I couldn't believe the paperwork I still had to sign besides the receipt and title,most it says please don't or you can't sue me.
I have to laugh at the contrived customer surveys afterwards in which you take your life or put your car's future maintenance in some resentfull hands if you don't give them a perfect score. That's the problem though. They are nothing but an internal tool, not a customer service tool.
The American car companies still have planned obsolesence down to science yet I heard many foreign cars are designed to last well over 100K. If you get 40-50K on an American car without major trouble consider yourself ultra lucky.
Yep. A friend of mine has always driven Toyotas. He found what he thought was a good deal on a Saturn Vue lease return. He had it less than 6 months and the transmission went out on it. Luckily, it happened three days before the warranty expired. He saved a $3,700 repair bill. GM didn't plan that one quite right. I told him to get rid of that POS before something else goes wrong. The warranty has expired now. We all know that GM cars are designed to fail.
Anonymous

Japan

#7407 Jun 18, 2013
I don't know why anyone would buy a GM anymore when you can get an equal product in a Mopar or Ford product? The non-GM car would likely be better quality for the same price too. GM always has had the reputation of being that American car brand that traditionally overprices everything. For example just look at the lineups for GMC and Cadillac trucks/SUVs, what a joke.

Location hidden

#7408 Jun 18, 2013
..Not sure of them still doing that....but, GM RECALLS SUV's due to fire risk..(6-15-13)..General Motors is recalling more than 193,652 SUV's from the 2006 and 2007 model years because a circuit board in the driver's door could short and cause a fire...The vehicles are the Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Ranier, Saab 9-7x, and the Isusu Ascender from the 2006-7 model years......Isuzu?
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7409 Jun 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
My dad is the same way, also....it was Caddilacs and Buicks, long as i can remember....numerous recalls and outrageous repair bills.....he is 82 now, still wanted a large, american car....Got him into a Grand Marquis....a great value for those that won't go foreign, but still want large....that generation, rarely give in...my generation switched over with the beetles into japanese, german and english....I've had Volvo's and a Benz.....I've had killer luck with Honda's.....but only built in Japan.....Their V.I.N. number will start with a J.....
My only problem with the Japanese or Korean cars is that they tend to be more to insure. I shopped insurance before I bought my last car and Nissans and Toyota were 25% more to insure. Now I would get that money back on the second half of the cars life with minimal repair bills but I can't wait 5 years to get a payoff.

Location hidden

#7410 Jun 18, 2013
RelicsOnTheShelf wrote:
<quoted text>
My only problem with the Japanese or Korean cars is that they tend to be more to insure. I shopped insurance before I bought my last car and Nissans and Toyota were 25% more to insure. Now I would get that money back on the second half of the cars life with minimal repair bills but I can't wait 5 years to get a payoff.
I've been with Allstate for like, 45 years....and even tho my current agent knows how little miles we do....i think we probably pay more than we might....but, some insurance companys don't use manufacturer's body parts on repairs and i know they do.....My home has been paid off for years, and i have weighed the option of dropping homeowner's insurance.....

Location hidden

#7412 Jul 2, 2013
FORD ADDING THIRD SHIFT AT F150 PLANT.....many workers to be added as sales increase 31% in May and 24% in June, necessitating the additional manufacturing.....GOOD NEWS.....
Warren

Metamora, IL

#7415 Jul 28, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I see Ford is going through a huge recall over fuel leaks on several models.....Good news is the domestics are shortening their annual summer break....due to heavy sales and dwindling inventorys....Great Signs of America's Economic Health.....
The little 4 (ford, chevy, gm and dodge) will go the way of Dertoit.....bankrupt and clueless..RIP Motor City!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7416 Jul 28, 2013
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>The little 4 (ford, chevy, gm and dodge) will go the way of Dertoit.....bankrupt and clueless..RIP Motor City!!!!!!!!!!
Thats really just three.
Ford / Chevy-GM / Chrysler,.....Who is the fourth?
I've been looking at new pickup's,....the Japaneese dont really offer a true full size truck.
Toyota almost comes close, but the Tundra has no frame, and isnt safe to pull a trailer.
You can buy your little "smart cars" all you want! But when it comes to driving a real car, stick to the big Three!
I allways chuckle a bit when I see people, and their trucks and campers in the median on my way up north. They should have purshase a real truck to pull that trailer!

Location hidden

#7417 Jul 29, 2013
Ford F-series looks awful good, and alway's has....they were gonna have to add a third shift or second line, due to popularity....Tough time to negotiate, though....
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#7418 Jul 29, 2013
owned all GM from 1970 to 2008

have switched to Ford this year, figure if my taxes are used to prop up GM gubbmint motors, i'll go with a company without their hand out. No regrets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sony balony 50 min Mr Wiggley 2
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 3 hr Mr Wiggley 40
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr Buffalo Bull 1,474
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 8 hr tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program 9 hr COP OUTREACH 1
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 12 hr Really 15
The curse of success - america 15 hr Idea Maker 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:48PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
ESPN 1:41 PM
CB Thomas rips Jets for hands-off approach
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over