Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7335 Jan 7, 2013
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in that scenario where your employer is making the payments it could work out well.
Here is one more...if you are incorporated yourself, and you take a three year tax depreciation on your vehicle, used as a personal business expense.....then a three year lease is the way to go.....plus, every three years you get a new car and are alway's under factory warranty.....Believe me, if leasing did'nt make so much sense, in so many ways...you would'nt see it all over.....funny though, it just does'nt make any sense for you or i....lol....
Bama Fan

Fort Myers, FL

#7336 Jan 8, 2013
Government motors SUKK!!!
Avanzado

Virginia, IL

#7337 Jan 9, 2013
Bama Fan wrote:
Government motors SUKK!!!
Amen brother! First we bail them out than they split our money .....CEO bonuses and poor workers got next to nothing....Wait, they purchased a GM product...so, the bonus when back to the CEO bonus!!! BUY FORIEGN!!!!!

Location hidden

#7338 Jan 15, 2013
Seem's some global auto sales must be better than expected...Jaguar/Land Rover announced building an additional plant in UK, employing 800.....Also, announced on BBC, Toyota edgeing ahead of GM on worldwide sales....
Avanzado

Kansas City, MO

#7339 Jan 15, 2013
Not that Toyota was EVER behind GM=Govt Motors. They were just held up by a earthquake and a tsunami. Detroit will say anything to try and pretend they were ahead. The only thing that Detroit has done over the years is making "Lemon Laws".....laws.....See, GM can make a difference. I watched the Flint news while I was home for the Holidays. They showed video and talked about the space shuttle "Endeavor". How it was flying to Cali on the back of a 747, travelling thru the streets. Not any video or mention of the "TOYOTA TUNDRA" that pulled the 300,000+ lbs to its final spot.....the rest of the world covered the whole story...NOT Derot, Flint, MI. They just wiped their tears wondering why a dumastic auto wasnt picked...OUCH!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#7340 Jan 16, 2013
Kinda doubt the Tundra is capable of towing any more, than many of the american trucks....it was either a commercial or a tremendous public relations mistake to allow a foreign vehicle, close to the shuttle....
Linda

United States

#7341 Jan 16, 2013
Wools fuss Adidas to NY face
Avanzado

Kansas City, MO

#7342 Jan 16, 2013
Kinda doubt...? The Tundra set the bar....changed it all!!! Ho, half ton or 3/4 ton is even close...domestic anyway. They can put 2500, 3500 on the side, oxerrate the specs till the cows come home.......the little 3 will always be lemons!!!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7343 Jan 16, 2013
Avanzado wrote:
Kinda doubt...? The Tundra set the bar....changed it all!!! Ho, half ton or 3/4 ton is even close...domestic anyway. They can put 2500, 3500 on the side, oxerrate the specs till the cows come home.......the little 3 will always be lemons!!!
The Tundra is an overpriced joke!
Not a REAL truck by any means. Not much of a frame, not safe to pull anything.
I wish Toyota would get with it and come out with a real "truck".
I'd consider it.
justataxpayer

Indianapolis, IN

#7344 Jan 17, 2013
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head. Pensions are disappearing. Many companies have learned the hard way that these legacy costs are too expensive. Individual retirement funds, 401k's, IRA's, etc. where the individual has control, are taking over.
As an example, GM has 200,000 employees and 400,000 retirees. How can paying 3 people to do the work of 1 be profitable?
GM already bought out the pensions of non-union retirees. UAW retirees are next.
Absolutely!! Any young worker starting out should start investing immediately, it beats a company pension in the long run and you have control over the funds. Kids don't think about things like retirement, let alone early retirement, which is what I did years ago.

Location hidden

#7345 Jan 17, 2013
justataxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely!! Any young worker starting out should start investing immediately, it beats a company pension in the long run and you have control over the funds. Kids don't think about things like retirement, let alone early retirement, which is what I did years ago.
I am also glad, i was pro-active about future retirement....but, we all should of been aware of the hazy, pie in the sky retirement plans, so many companies and municipalities offered the older hires....50% at 20 years(at highest paygrade achieved) plus 2.5% more for every additional year worked, and with no financial input by the employee.....geez.....no wonder places close their doors and towns go bankrupt....
Avanzado

Kansas City, MO

#7346 Jan 20, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>The Tundra is an overpriced joke!
Not a REAL truck by any means. Not much of a frame, not safe to pull anything.
I wish Toyota would get with it and come out with a real "truck".
I'd consider it.
Thats a domestic truck you are talking about. Overpriced, underpowered and no style to speak of.......insure a domestic and a Tundra and the rates on the Tundra are higher...its a reputation thing....quality, resale and reliability///its the real deal. I pull a 9,000lb TT with my Tundra. I pulled it from MI to the west coast. Plus, I had a 500lb toolbox in the bed. The Tundra would pickup speed going up a 6% grade. Would I trust a domestic...not on this earth!

Location hidden

#7347 Jan 21, 2013
Surprised to see a big recall on Honda Passports and Odyssey vans....Honda does'nt get many recalls, and these are two of their highest rated family vehicles....forgotwhat they said it was for, possibly airbag deployment....
Frank

New Lebanon, OH

#7349 Jan 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Kinda doubt the Tundra is capable of towing any more, than many of the american trucks....it was either a commercial or a tremendous public relations mistake to allow a foreign vehicle, close to the shuttle....
You guys have your opinions on the foreign cars but when it comes to trucks the foreign companies don't stand a chance. Just look at the sales numbers and look on job sites you will see the trucks that dominate.
Frank

New Lebanon, OH

#7350 Jan 22, 2013
Avanzado wrote:
So according to your post TOYota should be the number one selling truck? Right? By the way the TOYota pulling the shuttle looked to be on level ground, you ever see the videos of a man pulling a bus, truck or train? Its not that hard to get something moving on level ground.
Frank

New Lebanon, OH

#7351 Jan 22, 2013
Avanzado wrote:
What bar did Tundra set? Worst selling full size truck? Lowest ranking overall of full size trucks? Most expensive of full size truck? What bar you talking about?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7352 Jan 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> You guys have your opinions on the foreign cars but when it comes to trucks the foreign companies don't stand a chance. Just look at the sales numbers and look on job sites you will see the trucks that dominate.
What is a foreign car? Ford builds cars in Europe and Asia designed specifically for those markets just as Honda and Toyota build...
Frank

New Lebanon, OH

#7353 Jan 22, 2013
Avanzado wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a domestic truck you are talking about. Overpriced, underpowered and no style to speak of.......insure a domestic and a Tundra and the rates on the Tundra are higher...its a reputation thing....quality, resale and reliability///its the real deal. I pull a 9,000lb TT with my Tundra. I pulled it from MI to the west coast. Plus, I had a 500lb toolbox in the bed. The Tundra would pickup speed going up a 6% grade. Would I trust a domestic...not on this earth!
WOW!! You should be impressed you can pull a box with your TOYota. 9,000 lbs and you are impressed? You never hauled anything that was heavy have you? You know thats only 4.5 tons right? 500lb tool box? Really? I guess if you have a TOYota thats alot to you.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7354 Jan 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> You guys have your opinions on the foreign cars but when it comes to trucks the foreign companies don't stand a chance. Just look at the sales numbers and look on job sites you will see the trucks that dominate.
THe F-series will always dominate the North American truck market.
altered state

Kansas City, MO

#7355 Jan 22, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
THe F-series will always dominate the North American truck market.
F-series, g- series.....they are still overpriced, underpowered, no style, poorly built, monkey made, POSs!!! Wait, they did create the "Lemon Laws"....quality is job none!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 5 hr Oneal 153
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 7 hr shutthefuckup 676
Benghazi Cash Grab! 12 hr Gville Jim 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 1,394
Obama Silent On 13 hr Gville Jim 3
Millennials To Obamacare: F That! (Mar '14) Mon Oneal 9
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? Sat TheOne 4

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]