Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story
Bread

Fort Myers, FL

#7252 Dec 7, 2012
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly you can communicate on a higher level than that...Wait...You did it twice, so maybe not.
There is no level of communication when dealing with libturds, you definitely off your rocker, you old goat

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7254 Dec 19, 2012
Good news...gas is coming down a bit...just in time for driving to see family at the holidays....
Frank

Brighton, MI

#7255 Dec 23, 2012
I see nothing has changed here. Go Blue how you been? I see some different people joined in. Just to let you know the Ford Escape is built in Kansas City.

Location hidden

#7256 Dec 24, 2012
Frank wrote:
I see nothing has changed here. Go Blue how you been? I see some different people joined in. Just to let you know the Ford Escape is built in Kansas City.
Merry Christmas , Frank....yeah, and tough news for GM, so many trucks recalled....and Hyundai's for glass skyroofs that shatter on their own...lol...
Frank

Whitmore Lake, MI

#7257 Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas. What trucks are being recalled? The only recalls I been hearing are from all the foreigners. I don't think I told you guys but I bought a 2012 Silverado. No recalls on mine.
Frank

Whitmore Lake, MI

#7258 Dec 24, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas , Frank....yeah, and tough news for GM, so many trucks recalled....and Hyundai's for glass skyroofs that shatter on their own...lol...
Are you Go Blue and added Forever or someone else?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7259 Dec 24, 2012
Frank wrote:
Merry Christmas. What trucks are being recalled? The only recalls I been hearing are from all the foreigners. I don't think I told you guys but I bought a 2012 Silverado. No recalls on mine.
The recall is on the smaller trucks, for hood latches.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/money/consume...

Location hidden

#7260 Dec 24, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Are you Go Blue and added Forever or someone else?
Same...when i registered, there was already a go blue, so....lol....
Frank

Southfield, MI

#7261 Dec 24, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Same...when i registered, there was already a go blue, so....lol....
I see.
Frank

Alliance, OH

#7262 Dec 24, 2012
I see alot of foreign vehicles being recalled and not doing very well in some crash test. Just so everyone knows TOYota is just about the only one I am hearing about. Thats why I buy AMERICAN and UNION made vehicles. I have mentioned it on here before and I will again because it is one of the most funniest things I have seen, a snow plow on a TOYota Tundra. What the heck was that guy thinking? He needs to buy a real truck!!!! He would be better off with the power wheels we bought our niece for Christmas!!! Just thought I would try to get the ball rolling again. I missed chatting with you guys glad you kept it going.

Location hidden

#7263 Dec 24, 2012
Actually, for reliability, i still trust some foreign makes, more than domestic...I did see that some of the Toyota's had a problem in a recent crash tests....i often wonder if these crash tests are truly a reliable indicator of real safety levels?
justataxpayer

Indianapolis, IN

#7264 Dec 24, 2012
The airlines went through the same economic downturns in the early decade and resolved their issues by "planning" bankruptcy, which allowed an elimination of benefits and pensions.
After this was accomplished, they raised ticket prices and lowered standards. The result? More people then ever fly. The bailout helped the automakers keep prices high, while consumers took major cuts in pay and helped the used car market immensely. Please Washington, don't help the gas companies next!!

Location hidden

#7265 Dec 24, 2012
They already do....they tried to pass a bill, that would end subsidys and tax breaks for oil companies, but it was voted down...
Frank

Norwalk, OH

#7267 Dec 24, 2012
justataxpayer wrote:
The airlines went through the same economic downturns in the early decade and resolved their issues by "planning" bankruptcy, which allowed an elimination of benefits and pensions.
After this was accomplished, they raised ticket prices and lowered standards. The result? More people then ever fly. The bailout helped the automakers keep prices high, while consumers took major cuts in pay and helped the used car market immensely. Please Washington, don't help the gas companies next!!
Just remember that the companies that didn't take a bailout have vehicles that cost just as much if not more and pay their workers less. So yeah lets screw the working guy instead of getting management that can run a business. There are many other ways to cut spending instead of eliminating benefits and pensions. Let me guess you are on the management side in what ever it is you do? If your not then maybe you need to join a union. I am in a union and during the recession I got pay raises not pay cuts.
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#7268 Dec 26, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Just remember that the companies that didn't take a bailout have vehicles that cost just as much if not more and pay their workers less. So yeah lets screw the working guy instead of getting management that can run a business. There are many other ways to cut spending instead of eliminating benefits and pensions. Let me guess you are on the management side in what ever it is you do? If your not then maybe you need to join a union. I am in a union and during the recession I got pay raises not pay cuts.
Hi Frank,
Ford didn't take a bailout. Does Ford pay their UAW workers less than GM? Are Ford workers getting screwed?
As far as the recall, how can trucks built over a three year period be missing secondary hood latches? That's either a conscious decision or lazy line workers and poor inspection standards. I would guess that they ran out of parts and rather than stop production, the decision was made to ship them out with missing secondary hood latches and recall them later...if they got caught. I wonder how often that happens with ANY automaker.

Location hidden

#7269 Dec 26, 2012
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Frank,
Ford didn't take a bailout. Does Ford pay their UAW workers less than GM? Are Ford workers getting screwed?
As far as the recall, how can trucks built over a three year period be missing secondary hood latches? That's either a conscious decision or lazy line workers and poor inspection standards. I would guess that they ran out of parts and rather than stop production, the decision was made to ship them out with missing secondary hood latches and recall them later...if they got caught. I wonder how often that happens with ANY automaker.
Wonder if it might not have been included in the original design, missed by the engineers that are in charge of safety or content? Normally i would think that, not even possible....buuuut?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7270 Dec 26, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> I am in a union and during the recession I got pay raises not pay cuts.
So, what you are saying is that you got pay raises, but it is only because you are a union member, not because of your work performance, or the quality of your work, it's only because of your union membership that you got those raises.
Nice!
For me, I'd rather get my pay raises because the owner see's my work effort, and production, and dedication.
Frank

Southfield, MI

#7271 Dec 26, 2012
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Frank,
No Ford didn't take a bail out and I wasn't talking about Ford I am talking about the foreign companies.

Location hidden

#7272 Dec 26, 2012
Exactly, pay raises should come from merit....and only during a healthy business climate....Unions have started out doing good, and ended up being a disservice to the american worker, let alone the manufacturing sector....
Pete

Chicago, IL

#7273 Dec 26, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Last month, all three american automakers saw increased sales...yet, Toyota has likely finally recovered from all their recalls and their earthquake, and may be ready to take back the #1 position, in the world.....
Toyota must pay 1.4 billion for being...to good. We bailed out GM-Govt Motors for being to bad. GM was only #1 ON PAPER!!Like their specs!!!!Noy Good.....keep bailing numb nuuuuttttssss!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 11 min tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program 1 hr COP OUTREACH 1
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 2 hr Mr Wiggley 36
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 4 hr Really 15
The curse of success - america 7 hr Idea Maker 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 16 hr Go Blue Forever 1,471
Commission wants Servaas off bench (Feb '08) Tue Servaas is a clown 232
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:42 pm PST