Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story
Gm man

Walled Lake, MI

#7206 Mar 20, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
All from US, except Toyota Cruiser(my neighbors love theirs) and Smart For2, which Cosumer Reports also hated, they said it had the worst transmission of any car.....ever....LOL.....
Anyone who is stupid enough to believe Consumer Reports probably is stupid enough to think the earth is flat.
mac

Dearborn, MI

#7207 Mar 20, 2012
Gm man wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is stupid enough to believe Consumer Reports probably is stupid enough to think the earth is flat.
The same goes for people believing that the little 4 sales are up.....its dismal at best. The volt on holdt and overseas sales down 70%+. Its time to start being realistic and close some domestic doors!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7208 Mar 20, 2012
Auto sales have been up for months, all you have to do is take your head outta your ass and read a business section, completely indisputable.....maybe being unpatriotic works for you.....
wildride

Dayton, OH

#7209 Mar 20, 2012
To believe what you read is really moronic. Detroit puts a spin on everything auto.....the sales are dismal....the economy is making sure of that fact!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7210 Mar 20, 2012
New vehicle sales are registered with the state, when titles are filed and plates issued....get it? Being a moron, need not be a life long affliction.....
dork

Thane, India

#7212 Mar 25, 2012
dfsdfe
dork

Thane, India

#7213 Mar 25, 2012
fdgfd
Botched little 4

Mount Pleasant, MI

#7214 Mar 25, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
New vehicle sales are registered with the state, when titles are filed and plates issued....get it? Being a moron, need not be a life long affliction.....
Register this GB......The new Pruis sold more autos in 38 hours than the Volt and Leaf do on a month.....OMG!!!!! Toyota Envy runs deep!!!!!!!!!! Its been over for the little 4. All the sales lies are backfiring....Detroit better get its head out of the cocaine crap and try and build autos people want and need! Not park assist, not on star, not ipod apps..the teen needs to pay attention to the road!!!!! Just try to design auto that dont nickel and dime people to the poorer house.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7215 Mar 25, 2012
Botched little 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Register this GB......The new Pruis sold more autos in 38 hours than the Volt and Leaf do on a month.....OMG!!!!! Toyota Envy runs deep!!!!!!!!!! Its been over for the little 4. All the sales lies are backfiring....Detroit better get its head out of the cocaine crap and try and build autos people want and need! Not park assist, not on star, not ipod apps..the teen needs to pay attention to the road!!!!! Just try to design auto that dont nickel and dime people to the poorer house.
I wonder why Toyota is having all of these "special deals" on 2011 Prius's?
They have an over supply of them, and cant sell them.
All of the little lies about the Prius are backfiring on Toyota!
Their own Camry actually gets better mileage than the Prius does. They just dont want you to know their dirty little secrets.
But hey,... if you like the Prius, now is the time to buy one!
The dealers have an abundance of new 2010, and 2011's available.
People are finding out that after four, or five years when the batteries go bad, it is not cost effective to replace them, and therefore the cars are basically worthless after that.
The company I work for has one they want to sell.
The problem is, it needs new batteries, which will cost about $5,000.
So, they might as well scrap the thing.
Hybreds are a nice idea.
But after four or five years, they are junk. and will just end up as an environmental hazard.
Those cars will end up leaking battery acid into the ground for decades.
Most people that own one, and has it die on them, can not afford the cost of having it disposed of properly. So intern, they will sit, and rot, and leak acid into our ground water supply, all because people thought they were being "green" by purchasing these things.
OBAMA!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7216 Mar 25, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
I thought you said that you didnt call people names?
Whats up with that?
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7217 Mar 25, 2012
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you said that you didnt call people names?
Whats up with that?
Someday, you might try going back in the conversation and following along better.....it just might make a lot more sense, even for you....
Mark

Rockford, MI

#7218 Mar 25, 2012
Nope.... still don't want a GM
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7219 Mar 25, 2012
That's fine....i am in no way an apologist for GM.....i drive a Honda......BTW, 60 Minutes just did a great segment on Chrysler and their CEO, who have turned the company in partnership with Fiat, around in a major way......they are supposed to soon be introducing a new, Dodge Dart, built in Illinois, that get's 40 MPG.....guess they have paid back their government loan. It was at 19.7% interest....geez.....
Botched little 4

Buffalo, NY

#7220 Mar 25, 2012
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why Toyota is having all of these "special deals" on 2011 Prius?
Their own Camry actually gets better mileage than the Prius does. They just don't want you to know their dirty little secrets.
People are finding out that after four, or five years when the batteries go bad, it is not cost effective to replace them, and therefore the cars are basically worthless after that.
Hybrids are a nice idea.
But after four or five years, they are junk. and will just end up as an environmental hazard.
Most people that own one, and has it die on them, can not afford the cost of having it disposed of properly. So intern, they will sit, and rot, and leak acid into our ground water supply, all because people thought they were being "green" by purchasing these things.
OBAMA!
Get the facts. A Lot of Prius owners buy a Prius because they feel they are saving the world.........smart, educated and intelligent. The are not swayed by the Detroit shuffle that is notorious for false and inaccurate sales stats....its pathetic!
Mark

Rockford, MI

#7221 Mar 25, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
That's fine....i am in no way an apologist for GM.....i drive a Honda......BTW, 60 Minutes just did a great segment on Chrysler and their CEO, who have turned the company in partnership with Fiat, around in a major way......they are supposed to soon be introducing a new, Dodge Dart, built in Illinois, that get's 40 MPG.....guess they have paid back their government loan. It was at 19.7% interest....geez.....
Saw that.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7222 Apr 27, 2012
Seems some domestics and japanese brands, built here in USA, may be running out of certain types of plastic, necessary for hoses and interior trim parts, leading to an overall shortage of inventory.....bad luck, especially since, sales have been up consistantly for months.....
jcc

United States

#7223 Apr 27, 2012
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Saw that.
Why would Lutz think that 2300 volts sold in a mouth is good...he is clueless. How about twice that many units in 38 minutes.....Prius! That the mentality of the domestic culture. Only in America, not worldwide. That will be their downfall....oh, wait to late!!!!
Gorath

Grand Rapids, MI

#7224 Apr 28, 2012
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why Toyota is having all of these "special deals" on 2011 Prius's?
Their own Camry actually gets better mileage than the Prius does.
No it dosn't. A standard 2012 Prius gets 51 city 48 Highway.
A base model 4cyl 2012 Camry gets 25 city 35 highway.

It's not even close. There is a Camry Hybrid that will get 43 city 39 highway. But it's still not as good as the Prius. And the Hybrid Camry cost $2000 more then a Prius.
Gville Jim wrote:
They just dont want you to know their dirty little secrets.
New batteries are $2300 to $2600. Labor can cost as much as $1000. Toyota will buy back the old battery for $200. You are getting ripped off if you are quoted $5000.

A used, refurbished battery is much less. Usually the only thing wrong with the battery is a bad cell or corroded connection on the battery. Either of which can be replaced.
Gville Jim wrote:
Hybreds are a nice idea.
The Prius Hybrid battery is a NiMH battery (Nickel-metal-hydride). Toyota will buy back any Prius battery for $200. It's said there is about 32 lbs of Nickle in the battery. So there shouldn't be any ending up in landfills.
Gville Jim wrote:
OBAMA!
The cost of disposal is a $200 check from Toyota in your hand. And NiMH batteries are not the same as lead acid batteries. The can't leak acid if they don't have acid in them.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7225 May 2, 2012
With auto sales, currently at a record pace, i seriously doubt Toyota is having any difficulty selling the Prius model...i drove one, once and it's okay, but just a bit too plastic for me....
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#7226 May 16, 2012
Just saw an excellent video on youtube, about LPG conversions done in Australia to conventional unleaded gas vehicles, that work very well...found on ZoomTV.com or Orbital Gas Conversions.....as USA has such a huge supply of natural gas, this is the avenue, which leaves OPEC and unleaded fuel in the past......I can see our government spending some money in Australia to help bring this technology here...money, well spent....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shark Steam Mop (Jan '08) 4 hr Donna 186
The Hypocrisy of Ferguson 9 hr Oneal 1
Look Who''s Missing Emails Were Recovered 9 hr Oneal 1
Obama is a War Hawk 10 hr Oneal 4
Conservatives Right About Obamacare All Along 10 hr Oneal 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 1,428
Did Catholic Central tutor rape student, or vic... 12 hr Just Sayin 3 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:35PM