Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story
Not a Native

Harrisburg, PA

#5794 Oct 21, 2010
I guess it goes back to the whole reason why GM is in this mess:

HIGH VOLUME must mean HIGH QUALITY.
Patriot

Mears, MI

#5795 Oct 21, 2010
Not a Native wrote:
I guess it goes back to the whole reason why GM is in this mess:
HIGH VOLUME must mean HIGH QUALITY.
Same old $h!T. toyota recalls 1.6 million vehicles! And those jap lovin morons still buy their subpar crap! Buy an american brand car! Support your country! Stop paying for national health care in japan!!!
RFist333

Grand Rapids, MI

#5796 Oct 21, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Same old $h!T. toyota recalls 1.6 million vehicles! And those jap lovin morons still buy their subpar crap! Buy an american brand car! Support your country! Stop paying for national health care in japan!!!
Trash the unions, and I will buy an American car.
60 day handshake

United States

#5797 Oct 21, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Same old $h!T. toyota recalls 1.6 million vehicles! And those jap lovin morons still buy their subpar crap! Buy an american brand car! Support your country! Stop paying for national health care in japan!!!
you just dont get it, do ya Patrot.

See, Toyota has recalls to fix problems.

The little 4 has daily recalls......the repair shop, see they break all the time!

Oh, Im sorry, nobody is supposed to know that...my bad!

Does GM drug test their employees? Check criminal records? Has anyone ever been fired for growing and sell drugs?

Dont responed, we already know the answers.....POSs!!!!!!

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#5798 Oct 22, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Geez....VW outsells Mercedes Benz, do you think they're better?
No, not to my way of thinking, but that appears to be the predominant trend in the "thinking" of much of the industry.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5799 Oct 22, 2010
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not to my way of thinking, but that appears to be the predominant trend in the "thinking" of much of the industry.
Not really Taz, even tho they seem to be most interested in total volumne, actually average unit profit is probably most important. Mercedes making $1350 per unit is more profitable, than a VW, making only $520 per vehicle.....What the unions did to the american manufacturers, with their high wages and unrealistic retirement programs, was to deplete profit margins.....
Patriot

Mears, MI

#5800 Oct 22, 2010
60 day handshake wrote:
<quoted text>you just dont get it, do ya Patrot.
See, Toyota has recalls to fix problems.
The little 4 has daily recalls......the repair shop, see they break all the time!
Oh, Im sorry, nobody is supposed to know that...my bad!
Does GM drug test their employees? Check criminal records? Has anyone ever been fired for growing and sell drugs?
Dont responed, we already know the answers.....POSs!!!!!!
Oh I insist on responding 60 day! 60 days of shaking your own hand "wink, wink"! You must be a self made ,get it self made kind of guy! toyota is by far the worse car company bar none, read a news paper and stop shakin that thing! 60 days that may be a record! Gm does drug test there employee's does toyota Most of the japs love their dope after all look at their quality record!! Didn't you daddy tell ya if you don't quit the shakin you will do gay things like buy a jap made car LOL!!!!
Patriot

Mears, MI

#5801 Oct 22, 2010
RFist333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trash the unions, and I will buy an American car.
Join one you will be a better oriential! You will finally get paid what your are worth! No wait maybe you are worthless! Nevermind.
RFist333

Grand Rapids, MI

#5802 Oct 22, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Join one you will be a better oriential! You will finally get paid what your are worth! No wait maybe you are worthless! Nevermind.
No way, sorry, if the workers have no ballz to have the ability to talk to the CEO without a union, you are crap.!!!(and so is the place you work for)

When it comes to business each can either play hardball, or each can developer the best damn leanest company of the planet.
Creating a "union" is a blatant statement AGAINST a company, but "they" ARE the owners and only pisses them off.
Hand in hand, the "workers" want to keep a pretty good job, and NOT piss off the company.

All a union does is piss off the company, hence they now WANT to cheat you, even more !!!!
I agree with workers, and company, the "union" is now the problem.

One may say, "OK but China has low wages" but, figure WE make a car that is cheap, stays working for 10 years, no rust, and that way cheap labor is bad for the company.And can only be done if both workers are working for the same thing as the boss.

more or less
Frank

Bucyrus, OH

#5803 Oct 22, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Join one you will be a better oriential! You will finally get paid what your are worth! No wait maybe you are worthless! Nevermind.
He is just a wanta be SCAB. For all we know he is already one but it don't matter a scab is a scab.
Old Rocker

Grand Rapids, MI

#5804 Oct 23, 2010
RFist333 wrote:
<quoted text>
No way, sorry, if the workers have no ballz to have the ability to talk to the CEO without a union, you are crap.!!!(and so is the place you work for)
When it comes to business each can either play hardball, or each can developer the best damn leanest company of the planet.
Creating a "union" is a blatant statement AGAINST a company, but "they" ARE the owners and only pisses them off.
Hand in hand, the "workers" want to keep a pretty good job, and NOT piss off the company.
All a union does is piss off the company, hence they now WANT to cheat you, even more !!!!
One may say, "OK but China has low wages" but, figure WE make a car that is cheap, stays working for 10 years, no rust, and that way cheap labor is bad for the company.And can only be done if both workers are working for the same thing as the boss.
more or less
The biggest thing unions have done is create an adversarial relationship between management and labor. How can any company be efficient if they waste so much energy fighting each other?
Bottom line. Management needs labor and labor needs management. Management and labor CANNOT be enemies. They must work together toward a COMMON goal, not individual goals. Companies that grasp this concept succeed. Companies that don't struggle or fail.
Frank

Utica, OH

#5805 Oct 26, 2010
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest thing unions have done is create an adversarial relationship between management and labor. How can any company be efficient if they waste so much energy fighting each other?
Bottom line. Management needs labor and labor needs management. Management and labor CANNOT be enemies. They must work together toward a COMMON goal, not individual goals. Companies that grasp this concept succeed. Companies that don't struggle or fail.
If everyone complies with what they agree to there shouldn't be anyproblems. In our situations where I work 99% of the time management is the one that breaks what they agreed to.
Patriot

Mears, MI

#5806 Oct 28, 2010
RFist333 wrote:
<quoted text>
more or less
Eh Gad you are a moron! My guess front line manangment! You should be accountable for your work and your leadership!

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#5807 Oct 29, 2010
RFist333 wrote:
<quoted text>
more or less
In most cases, if you try to talk to the CEO at a non union company, you will be fired! It has nothing to do with bravery or the lack of it.

The existence of a union does not have to mean that an adversarial relationship exists between the company and management. That is up to the people involved, both local management and the union local officials. Unions have, in many cases, saved their company money by working with the company.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5808 Oct 29, 2010
In a free country, an employer would be able to fire or hire anyone for any reason he sees fit.
Frank

Washington Court House, OH

#5809 Nov 6, 2010
I read an article in our local paper and they had an article about the auto industry. They said every automaker saw major sale increases except TOYota. That should tell you something. By the way they ranked the highest selling vehicles. Guess what? It wasn't a car the top 2 vehicles sold were Ford F series and Chevy Silverado. Thats out of every vehicle trucks, cars and SUV's. Its hard to beleive trucks are the best selling vehicle. The TOYota Tundra didn't even make the list.5126

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5810 Nov 6, 2010
Frank wrote:
I read an article in our local paper and they had an article about the auto industry. They said every automaker saw major sale increases except TOYota. That should tell you something. By the way they ranked the highest selling vehicles. Guess what? It wasn't a car the top 2 vehicles sold were Ford F series and Chevy Silverado. Thats out of every vehicle trucks, cars and SUV's. Its hard to beleive trucks are the best selling vehicle. The TOYota Tundra didn't even make the list.5126
Well your article was wrong--the top selling car was the Toyota Camry

The top selling wagon was the Toyota Matrix

And they sold more RAV-4's than both the Chevy Equinox and Ford Escape

"TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2010; Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported September sales of 147,162 units. With equal selling days in September 2009 and September 2010, sales were up 16.8 percent over the year-ago month on a daily selling rate and unadjusted raw volume basis.
Toyota Division recorded sales of 130,214 vehicles, an increase of 20.5 percent over the year-ago month"

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5811 Nov 6, 2010
And before fRANK jumps on the same old tired horse--a few quotes from Consumer Reports:

"General Motors has improved considerably, though Honda and Toyota still dominate in the latest predicted-reliability Ratings of new cars, according to Consumer Reports 2010 Annual Auto Survey"

"some GM nameplates had been among the least reliable brands in past years"
heinz

San Francisco, CA

#5812 Nov 6, 2010
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
In most cases, if you try to talk to the CEO at a non union company, you will be fired! It has nothing to do with bravery or the lack of it.
The existence of a union does not have to mean that an adversarial relationship exists between the company and management. That is up to the people involved, both local management and the union local officials. Unions have, in many cases, saved their company money by working with the company.
Are u or real? America saved ur sorry as%$%#$, we saved that botched company.

WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!

Do u really believe the news when they say GM is paying us back? U would. Its all lies.....the govt does not want america to know the truth....the economy is in the crapper.......GM is going under.

Govt Motors will be closing its doors...soon!!!
Frank

Westerville, OH

#5813 Nov 7, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
And before fRANK jumps on the same old tired horse--a few quotes from Consumer Reports:
"General Motors has improved considerably, though Honda and Toyota still dominate in the latest predicted-reliability Ratings of new cars, according to Consumer Reports 2010 Annual Auto Survey"
"some GM nameplates had been among the least reliable brands in past years"
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingt ires/2010/11/top-10-best-selli ng-cars-october-2010.html I think you better do some research before you speak. Read this article and look at the numbers. Do you know how to read numbers? Looks to me F series and Silverado numbers are at the top of the list out of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 3 hr cnreadle 974
sony balony 18 hr kookierecluse 4
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 18 hr Go Blue Forever 1,479
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 21 hr DrX 54
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Fri Really 18
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... Thu tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program Thu COP OUTREACH 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler