Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story
Frank

Sullivan, OH

#5505 Sep 11, 2010
stevie wrote:
I was at work, in Wisconsin working construction.
Our company rented some land from a farmer to complete a job. One day he pulled up in a brand new Nissan Titan. He asked how I liked my 07 Tundra.I said best truck ever, besides my 1986 Mazda(when they were made in Japan)had 257,000 miles on it when I sold it.Original tranny, engine and drivetrain, great truck!!!!!Now, Ford owns Mazda, oh dam, I wasn't supposed to say anything, my bad! He than said he traded in his Ford because he had nothing but problems with it and the service was horrible......basically, he said that the dealer treated him like they owned him....he was pissed off, said he would never buy another American auto.
Another guy bought a brand new Ram. On his way home for the weekend the engine blew up. The dealer did nothing to help the guy. No rental, no nothing. He sad never again.
Do you see a pattern here?
During the Labor day weekend we were travelling on US2. A ford pulling a TT lost a wheel, not a tire, a wheel. The truck was sitting on the rotor.
Jap vehicles are perfect? They break down they have their problems. You answered some of my questions but you didn;t answer my main question. What does he use his Nissan for on his farm? The reason I ask is just because a truck is on a farm doesn't mean it is a farm truck. I would like to know what he did with it. If you don't know just say so.
stevie

United States

#5506 Sep 11, 2010
ok,ok, you want answers.

He educated himself by experience. He was an ignorant plow hand(Ford owner) until he owned a real truck, the Nissan Titan.

He can pull anything a 1 ton can pull. And he paid less for more muscle and quality.

His next truck will be A Toyota diesel.....v10
monster!

Any other questions?

Oh, by the way, what is the little 3 going to do now that the pay for new hires has dropped to nothing? You know, the workers will not be able to afford a ford..........chew on that one. The future .....what future?
Frank

Galena, OH

#5507 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
ok,ok, you want answers.
He educated himself by experience. He was an ignorant plow hand(Ford owner) until he owned a real truck, the Nissan Titan.
He can pull anything a 1 ton can pull. And he paid less for more muscle and quality.
monster!
Any other questions?
Oh, by the way, what is the little 3 going to do now that the pay for new hires has dropped to nothing? You know, the workers will not be able to afford a ford..........chew on that one. The future .....what future?
First of all I was talking about your education. Second if you think any half ton can out pull any 1 ton you are not very smart yourself.
Frank

Galena, OH

#5508 Sep 12, 2010
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/16... I looked to see what the people at moter trend and truck trend had to say about the topic we a discussing. Their test don't support your opinons at all. 4 AMERICAN trucks Chevy, Ford, GMC and Dodge (in order they ranked them, all half ton) The 2 in last place were your Tundra and Titan. You are right they are in a class of their own, LAST!! You said a Tundra and a Titan can out pull a 1 ton truck, well in these test they can't keep up with their half ton competitors. I don't like going by those links I would rather go by personal expirience but I don't know how else to prove my point to you. I would like you to prove your point to me that a half ton Titan and Tundra can out pull a 1 ton truck.
Frank

Utica, OH

#5509 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
I was at work, in Wisconsin working construction.
Our company rented some land from a farmer to complete a job. One day he pulled up in a brand new Nissan Titan. He asked how I liked my 07 Tundra.I said best truck ever, besides my 1986 Mazda(when they were made in Japan)had 257,000 miles on it when I sold it.Original tranny, engine and drivetrain, great truck!!!!!Now, Ford owns Mazda, oh dam, I wasn't supposed to say anything, my bad! He than said he traded in his Ford because he had nothing but problems with it and the service was horrible......basically, he said that the dealer treated him like they owned him....he was pissed off, said he would never buy another American auto.
Another guy bought a brand new Ram. On his way home for the weekend the engine blew up. The dealer did nothing to help the guy. No rental, no nothing. He sad never again.
During the Labor day weekend we were travelling on US2. A ford pulling a TT lost a wheel, not a tire, a wheel. The truck was sitting on the rotor.
You said about the dealer treating him badly. Since you are going that route my neighbor had similar problems with his TOYota dealer. The truck was still under warrenty and they didn't want to cover it. He had numerous problems with his truck, they went through court hearings and finally won. They ruled his truck a lemon and TOYota didn't want to give him a new vehicle they just wanted to give him what his truck was worth. They settled for money and now he has a truck he will never be able to sell. I just think it is funny, he has a small farm and when he wants something hauled or towed he calls me to do it with my CHEVY SILVERADO he knows his truck is not capable of doing real work.
stevie

United States

#5510 Sep 12, 2010
For starters, if your chevy starts!

For quality, reliability, power and performance the #1 Toyota Tundra 5.7 iForce can out pull, out work any 1 Ton truck on the road.....no problem.

Motor Trend has money given to them for "Results".Lies and pumped up numbers that most people could give two Sh#%@$@$Ts about!

In Michigan they have finally got smart and quit putting the Toyota brand in the same sentence with the little 3 brands...why? Because the little 3 are cheap, unreliable POSs!!!!!!!!!!

The educated buyer has the little 3s number....1-800-POS-LEMON ......trust us!
Frank

Cleveland, OH

#5511 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
We are the educated, intelligent kind.
We think and plan ahead, unlike others that go by the principle...my daddy works at ford, gm or dodge.
We have zero tolerance for the low quality, misguided engineering and old-man mentality ,second rate, cheap products of the little 3.
Come on, to just manuf. a mid size SUV.....what took so long.....we know, lack of intelligence!
The 5.7 iForce V8 is in a class all by itself....As soon as Toyota makes a diesel, we will buy 2......count on it!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to post to much for you because you don't reply to all of my questions but I would like to know which automaker just now started to make a mid size SUV. Who is it?
Frank

Cleveland, OH

#5512 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
For quality, reliability, power and performance the #1 Toyota Tundra 5.7 iForce can out pull, out work any 1 Ton truck on the road.....no problem.
Motor Trend has money given to them for "Results".Lies and pumped up numbers that most people could give two Sh#%@$@$Ts about!
In Michigan they have finally got smart and quit putting the Toyota brand in the same sentence with the little 3 brands...why? Because the little 3 are cheap, unreliable POSs!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!! You are not like your other foreign loving buddies on here!!! I have said the same thing about motor trend and truck trend before and they thought I was nuts. I will right it in caps so I know you will see this: PLEASE PROVE TO ME SOMEHOW THAT A HALF TON TOYota OR NISSAN CAN OUT PULL ANY ONE TON TRUCK. I have looked at their towing capacity and towing capacity and they don't come close to a one ton truck. If they did they would be in the one ton class.
Frank

Cleveland, OH

#5513 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
CAN YOU READ? I have said my CHEVY has 117,000 and is over 8 years old and has had no problems!! STARS EVERY TIME. Hell I still have the original battery. If it can out pull why isn't it made in a 1 ton? Why don't they make dump beds? I never saw a TOYota dump truck. Do you know why? It says it all in its name TOY ota!!!!!
Frank

Cleveland, OH

#5514 Sep 12, 2010
http://www.lemonfree.com/comparison.php... Please read! I don't know what else I can do to prove my point. I respect your opinions but your not backing them up with anything. They use to tell me that on here then I starting backing up what I said. Ford has the best selling truck in America then Chevy is second best selling truck in America, TOYota is no. What does that tell you. In that link it has recalls for the 2 trucks for 2010. Silverado has none and the TOYota does. What does that tell you? WOW know I know what the other people felt like on here before I knew how to post links. I know you can't always go by what these links say but when they ALL rank TOYota inferior to Americas trucks that has to tell you something.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5515 Sep 12, 2010
Old Rocker wrote:
For what it's worth, another article about reliability. Hmmm! Don't see any GM cars listed
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content...
That's why I bought a Pontiac Vibe/ Toyota Matrix at GM's going out of business sale--thousands less than the Toyota because it had a GM emblem on the hatch--LOL
Mark_Nuz

Kittanning, PA

#5516 Sep 12, 2010
Frank wrote:
Ford has the best selling truck in America then Chevy is second best selling truck in America, TOYota is no. What does that tell you.
It tells me that people buy vehicles blindly and based on what's "made in America."

Was at a b-day party today and my wife's uncle and I were talking about cars not made by an "American" car maker. The county in which I live only has Chevy and Ford dealers (even the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeeps were selling so poorly they closed the dealership). We laughed about that because people are just leaving the county now to buy vehicles and get them serviced there. Instead of the county welcoming a foreign car maker and employing LOCAL people from the county, they are being backward (yes, Frank, you will say they are being AMERICAN!) and blocking them. So...everyone in the county that owns a "foreign" car spent their money outside of the local economy and continues to do so for service.

BRILLIANT philosophy.
stevie

Mount Pleasant, MI

#5517 Sep 12, 2010
You have asked the right question!

See, Ford, Gm and chevy make a sub standard truck and charge more for less.....in other words the guys that pay for a 1 ton truck are actually buying a half ton......understand yet? That's their bread and butter.

So, go spend $45,000 to $60,000 on a pickup they know was engineered below standards, and the numbers are ramped up .....its a sick money game and the consumer gets screwed!

Good luck with that. Why would you buy a truck from companies who track record is botched at best.
observer

Mears, MI

#5518 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
ok,ok, you want answers.
monster!
Any other questions?
You said it all a ignorant plow hand!" Jap vechile owner"! Thanks for making my point!
observer

Mears, MI

#5519 Sep 12, 2010
Mark_Nuz wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me that people buy vehicles blindly and based on what's "made in America."
Was at a b-day party today and my wife's uncle and I were talking about cars not made by an "American" car maker. The county in which I live only has Chevy and Ford dealers (even the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeeps were selling so poorly they closed the dealership). We laughed about that because people are just leaving the county now to buy vehicles and get them serviced there. Instead of the county welcoming a foreign car maker and employing LOCAL people from the county, they are being backward (yes, Frank, you will say they are being AMERICAN!) and blocking them. So...everyone in the county that owns a "foreign" car spent their money outside of the local economy and continues to do so for service.
BRILLIANT philosophy.
Dumb A$$ you are selling out your country and your back water location! Went to a labor day event NO JAP vechiles! NO rice was consumed! No jobs were in jepordy ! Just good ole American vechiles! Just like football, baseball,apple pie! No saki,rice and all the other "you will do what we want "! and you will buy what we want because your are too stupid to support your neighbors and your country! IT was BEAUTIFUL NO jap sub par junk! God ,it's still good to be a tax payin God fearin country lovin AMERICAN! Don't buy the jap Junk!
Frank

United States

#5520 Sep 12, 2010
stevie wrote:
You have asked the right question!
See, Ford, Gm and chevy make a sub standard truck and charge more for less.....in other words the guys that pay for a 1 ton truck are actually buying a half ton......understand yet? That's their bread and butter.
So, go spend $45,000 to $60,000 on a pickup they know was engineered below standards, and the numbers are ramped up .....its a sick money game and the consumer gets screwed!
Good luck with that. Why would you buy a truck from companies who track record is botched at best.
Ok. Why can't you back anything up that you say? I am going to ask you one question at a time because I think I am asking to many at a time for you. Again, Why can't you back up what you are saying?
stevie

Mount Morris, MI

#5521 Sep 12, 2010
Hear is a simple test.

Have your wife or boyfriend sit in a Tundra 5.7 truck, than have them sit in a Silverado, Ford or Dodge.

Than get back to us.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!

We already have one word they will use after sitting in the Tundra....QUALITY!

We already have words they will use after sitting in the little 3 product..Cheap!!...Why didnt you buy a Tundra.....Du$%$$$AS%^%!!!!!!!

What were you thinking?

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#5522 Sep 13, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I bought a Pontiac Vibe/ Toyota Matrix at GM's going out of business sale--thousands less than the Toyota because it had a GM emblem on the hatch--LOL
The only bearing that the GM emblem on the hatch had on price was the fact that the government forced GM to discontinue Pontiac.
Mark_Nuz

Harrisburg, PA

#5523 Sep 13, 2010
observer wrote:
<quoted text> Went to a labor day event NO JAP vechiles! NO rice was consumed! No jobs were in jepordy ! Just good ole American vechiles! No saki,rice and all the other "you will do what we want "! and you will buy what we want because your are too stupid to support your neighbors and your country! IT was BEAUTIFUL NO jap sub par junk! God ,it's still good to be a tax payin God fearin country lovin AMERICAN! Don't buy the jap Junk!
Dumb ass? Really? A lot of the "American" cars aren't even assembled by Americans. When the "Big 3" closes down plants and moves them to Mexico or Canada, who do you think loses jobs and who do you think gains them? Both vehicles I drive were built in THIS country, however, we had a Buick RendezCRAP that was assembled in Mexico.

I have YET to find my vehicle sub-par in ANY way to an American car, particularly in reliability. Get your head out of your ass and try new things. You might be surprised.

And for the record, my taxes are paid faithfully, love my country (but won't let big corporations take advantage of me), and am God fearing too. I'm just not brainwashed.
Mark_Nuz

Harrisburg, PA

#5524 Sep 13, 2010
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
The only bearing that the GM emblem on the hatch had on price was the fact that the government forced GM to discontinue Pontiac.
This proves my point as to how naive (Frank, that's pronounced N-eye-EEV) all of you "buy American" people are. My father-in-law refused to buy a Subaru Legacy (made in Lafayette, Indiana) because it was a "Jap" car, but is on his 2nd Vibe. I TOLD him he bought a Toyota (and I'm not sure if they're even assembled here), but he refuses to believe it because it has a Pontiac emblem.

I drove their Vibe and it's too tinny for me. Doesn't feel as solid as my car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 1 hr elenaounis 186
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 4 hr Gville Jim 2
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 4 hr Gville Jim 16
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 7 hr DrX 13
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
pope-a-dope Sat Really 3
welcome to the new black america Sat Really 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News