Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story
Old Rocker

Grand Rapids, MI

#5405 Aug 27, 2010
Lone Goat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, how long have i been gone? did Frank just try to post a Link??!?!
Yes, but it seems to support 1960brookwood's statement more than it does his own.

There, I just had to post something to get back in the loop. My computer crashed a while back and I lost all my links. Carry on gentlemen. You too Frank.:)
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5406 Aug 27, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Local guy I go to does it in 20!
That included the filter, also...and tires rotated....there...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5407 Aug 27, 2010
Frank, if the Toyota Camry, is built, in america, with the most american parts, then Toyota deserves the largest tax break, because it is building the most american car......
Frank

Perrysville, OH

#5408 Aug 27, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> That included the filter, also...and tires rotated....there...
Yeah whats yoyr point? Mine includes tire rotation, oil, oil filter, check all the fluids and grease everything.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

#5409 Aug 27, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah whats yoyr point? Mine includes tire rotation, oil, oil filter, check all the fluids and grease everything.
now your just sounding like your saying "my dad can beat up your dad"
Frank

Westerville, OH

#5410 Aug 27, 2010
Lone Goat wrote:
<quoted text>
now your just sounding like your saying "my dad can beat up your dad"
Ok then I won't say anything more about it then. It is the truth but if you don't beleive me I really don't care.
Frank

Westerville, OH

#5411 Aug 27, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Frank, if the Toyota Camry, is built, in america, with the most american parts, then Toyota deserves the largest tax break, because it is building the most american car......
ALL foreign companies get major tax breaks then when they are up some of them move, not all but alot of them do. We have had 2 foreign companies do that in my area in the same building. Volkswagon did it first, as soon as their tax breaks were up they closed the plant and moved to another location then Sony moved in and did the exact same thing.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5412 Aug 27, 2010
Ford is recalling nearly 600,000 Windstar vans--it seems the rear axle will corrode and break in use.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5413 Aug 27, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> ALL foreign companies get major tax breaks then when they are up some of them move, not all but alot of them do. We have had 2 foreign companies do that in my area in the same building. Volkswagon did it first, as soon as their tax breaks were up they closed the plant and moved to another location then Sony moved in and did the exact same thing.
GM is moving truck production from Mexico to Michigan--because they were offered tax incentives.

JCI is building a battery plant in my little town--tax incentives again.

My company is closing a plant in Canada and moving it to Michigan--want to guess why?

These are all "American" companies FYI
Mark_Nuz

Kittanning, PA

#5414 Aug 27, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
Ford is recalling nearly 600,000 Windstar vans--it seems the rear axle will corrode and break in use.
Not for anything, but Toyota is recalling 1 million Corollas and Matrix vehicles. Stalling for no reason.

OH MY GOD...I'm sounding like Frank.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5415 Aug 28, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
GM is moving truck production from Mexico to Michigan--because they were offered tax incentives.
My company is closing a plant in Canada and moving it to Michigan--want to guess why?
That is actually great news. Let's hope, that's a trend that continues, reversal of outsourcing,,,,,
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5416 Aug 28, 2010
Mark_Nuz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for anything, but Toyota is recalling 1 million Corollas and Matrix vehicles. Stalling for no reason.
Of everyone here, fRANK realizes that Toyota is actually striving for the PERFECT vehicle...lol...
Frank

Clarksville, OH

#5417 Aug 28, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
American companies should get bigger and better tax breaks than foreign companies. Harley Davidson kept its plant in York Pa due to tax breaks, they wanted to move it down south.
Frank

Clarksville, OH

#5418 Aug 28, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> That is actually great news. Let's hope, that's a trend that continues, reversal of outsourcing,,,,,
Exactly!!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5419 Aug 28, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> American companies should get bigger and better tax breaks than foreign companies. Harley Davidson kept its plant in York Pa due to tax breaks, they wanted to move it down south.
Not if their cars are built on foreign soil, using foreign components, eh, Frank?
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5420 Aug 28, 2010
Mark_Nuz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, i think they are really striving for the perfect vehicle, gotta hand it to them,,,,,,,
bronck burger

Bayonne, NJ

#5421 Aug 28, 2010
FOLKS just go buy a FORD.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5422 Aug 28, 2010
Hey, what's up with this new, little ford, i am seeing, it looks like a pickup, but with a van backend, but small?
Mark_Nuz

Kittanning, PA

#5423 Aug 28, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Hey, what's up with this new, little ford, i am seeing, it looks like a pickup, but with a van backend, but small?
Ford Transit. Kinda cool and enviro-friendly (size). I have to say, I like the LOOKS of the new Fords.

Saw a Ford F-150 Raptor. Really cool looking.
OhPlease

United States

#5424 Aug 28, 2010
I am going to buy a "Watt" or was is an "Amp".

Those cars are more like a bad connection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr Buffalo Bull 1,687
How Liberal Pantywads React To Brain William's ... 10 hr Oneal 6
TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT: Roof Melt (Jan '08) Fri Snowstruck 69
Attorney's shortchanging of State Bar scuttles ... Thu duh 3
MARVIN unemployment service now online (Jan '09) Feb 24 Pissed 173
Local News Women (Apr '09) Feb 24 Dumbo 2,342
Take the Presidential Competency Quiz Feb 23 DR X 4
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:44 am PST

NFL 9:44AM
Ready to ride the Theo Riddick hype train?
Bleacher Report 8:29 PM
Latest Lions Free Agency News, Rumors
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report11:55 AM
Could Lions Use Round 1 Draft Pick on Running Back to Replace Reggie Bush?
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?