Car buyers standing by GM

Car buyers standing by GM

There are 7211 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 6, 2009, titled Car buyers standing by GM. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Frank

Toledo, OH

#5366 Aug 1, 2010
I have Americas best truck, second is Ford. My neighbors TOYota is legally labled as a lemon. Why he still has it I don't know. He did get money for all his problems but no new truck (if thats what you want to call it) I think TOYotas should just stay in Japan they have no use to the real Americans that do real work every day. That spot can only be filled by Chevy, GMC or Ford. I think its funny if you go past a construction site, landscaper, gas drilling company, farmer or any other business that uses a truck for real work you will see a Chevy, GMC, Ford or Dodge. Japans trucks have no place for the real American work force.
SOS in Rockford

United States

#5367 Aug 1, 2010
Frank wrote:
I have Americas best truck, second is Ford. My neighbors TOYota is legally labled as a lemon. Why he still has it I don't know. He did get money for all his problems but no new truck (if thats what you want to call it) I think TOYotas should just stay in Japan they have no use to the real Americans that do real work every day. That spot can only be filled by Chevy, GMC or Ford. I think its funny if you go past a construction site, landscaper, gas drilling company, farmer or any other business that uses a truck for real work you will see a Chevy, GMC, Ford or Dodge. Japans trucks have no place for the real American work force.
fRank, please define "real American", if it means bigoted,opinionated and ignorant, I guess you are are a prime example.
Frank

Elyria, OH

#5368 Aug 1, 2010
SOS in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>fRank, please define "real American", if it means bigoted,opinionated and ignorant, I guess you are are a prime example.
There you go again. I have to be a racist or a bigot because I beleive in buying from an American company and supporting OUR economy. Is that all you got.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#5369 Aug 2, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> There you go again. I have to be a racist or a bigot because I beleive in buying from an American company and supporting OUR economy. Is that all you got.
You seem to forget that these are international companies headquarted in America--Not American companies.

According to cars.com the Toyota Camry is the most "American" car on the market as to domestic content.

Compare that to the Ford Fusion--100% assembled in Mexico.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5370 Aug 2, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that these are international companies headquarted in America--Not American companies.
According to cars.com the Toyota Camry is the most "American" car on the market as to domestic content.
Logic has been tried on Frank before.....LOL....he's just not a, connect the dots kinda guy....LOL....
frex

United States

#5371 Aug 2, 2010
Frank wrote:
I have Americas best truck, second is Ford. My neighbors TOYota is legally labeled as a lemon. Why he still has it I don't know. He did get money for all his problems but no new truck (if that's what you want to call it) I think TOYotas should just stay in Japan they have no use to the real Americans that do real work every day. That spot can only be filled by Chevy, GMC or Ford. I think its funny if you go past a construction site, landscaper, gas drilling company, farmer or any other business that uses a truck for real work you will see a Chevy, GMC, Ford or Dodge. Japans trucks have no place for the real American work force.
We test drove Ford, GM, Chevy and Toyota.

Quality hands down goes to Toyota...without question, not even close.

Quality equals better everything..........EVERTHING! !!!!!

The Little 3 will alway be in Toyotas shadow.....
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5372 Aug 2, 2010
frex, i retired from years in the auto business and i think, from a strictly fit and finish aspect, the Mercedes Benz is at the top, then BMW, then Jaguar, then the japanese followed by the american autos........the koreans are coming on strong, and they are going after the jap's share,skipping over the americans....
Art smass

Sturgis, MI

#5373 Aug 2, 2010
SOS in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>fRank, please define "real American", if it means bigoted,opinionated and ignorant, I guess you are are a prime example.
Right!execept you just described a anti American, a toyota owner!
Frank

Blenheim, SC

#5374 Aug 3, 2010
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all foreign companies get major tax breaks from our wonderful government. Second GM and Ford are American companies that produce vehicles around the world and TOYota and the others are companies that do the same but are from another country. I support my own country not any other. I buy American when I can.
rider

Sun Prairie, WI

#5375 Aug 3, 2010
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Who is buying a new car this year? They are doomed.
O boy lets hope America fails thier is a blackman in the whitehouse. Very easy to read your thoughts.Erik Prince, Sanctions, and Mineral Wealth | EmptywheelJun 28, 2010 ... Let me start by laying out a few details about Erik Prince that ... new deals with the State Department and CIA for work in Afghanistan,...
emptywheel.firedoglake.com/.../erik-prince-sa... - Cached
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5376 Aug 7, 2010
Toyota profits up 2.2 billion, the 1st quarter....while GM set to spend 500 million expanding their mexico plant.....what say you, Frank?
Mark_Nuz

Saegertown, PA

#5377 Aug 7, 2010
Frank will say, "LIES! ALL LIES! No no no to Tokyo!" LMAO!
Frank

Wilmington, OH

#5378 Aug 7, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Toyota profits up 2.2 billion, the 1st quarter....while GM set to spend 500 million expanding their mexico plant.....what say you, Frank?
I don't know if you know or not TOYota has plants in Mexico. They built a fully automated assembly plant in Mexico. They are getting so cheap they don'y even want to pay Mexicans.
Frank

Wilmington, OH

#5379 Aug 7, 2010
Mark_Nuz wrote:
Frank will say, "LIES! ALL LIES! No no no to Tokyo!" LMAO!
I was out in your area last night. We went to Lernerville race track. Your roads out that way really suck. Do you ever go there? It was fun I never been there before.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5380 Aug 7, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know if you know or not TOYota has plants in Mexico. They built a fully automated assembly plant in Mexico. They are getting so cheap they don'y even want to pay Mexicans.
So then, GM spending their US bailout money on plants in Mexico, works for you?
Mark_Nuz

Saegertown, PA

#5381 Aug 7, 2010
Franklin, I don't live anywhere NEAR Lernerville. And yes, the roads out that way DO suck! LOL. Friends of ours live in the new housing development right across the road from Lernerville though. That's nice.
Frank

Columbus, OH

#5382 Aug 7, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> So then, GM spending their US bailout money on plants in Mexico, works for you?
What money are they spending in Mexico? Last I read they are moving some production from plants in Mexico to Detroit.
Frank

Columbus, OH

#5383 Aug 7, 2010
Mark_Nuz wrote:
Franklin, I don't live anywhere NEAR Lernerville. And yes, the roads out that way DO suck! LOL. Friends of ours live in the new housing development right across the road from Lernerville though. That's nice.
Those roads are bad. I thought you lived in that area must be further than I thought. Do you ever go there? It was my first time I loved it but its a long drive from our place.
Frank

Columbus, OH

#5384 Aug 7, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> What money are they spending in Mexico? Last I read they are moving some production from plants in Mexico to Detroit.
Sorry Flint Michigan not Detroit.
Mark_Nuz

Saegertown, PA

#5385 Aug 8, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Those roads are bad. I thought you lived in that area must be further than I thought. Do you ever go there? It was my first time I loved it but its a long drive from our place.
Frank, I live about 6 miles from Vandergrift towards Ford City. Is that good enough for ya? Want me to figure out how many bundles of shingles would fit end to end and tell you THAT way? LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton in a landslide in endorsements: Do they... 1 hr In Got We Trust 5
News Holland companies receive state economic help (Nov '07) 9 hr District 1 9
East Grand Rapids Mugshots and Criminal Arrest ... 9 hr Emma 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu Knapp 2,723
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald Sep 26 RushFan666 49
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Sep 24 Jody 3
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Sep 24 Not ghetto at all 43

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages