Liberty University Law School Dean: G...

Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriage is 'Beginning...

There are 311 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Aug 5, 2014, titled Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriage is 'Beginning.... In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Mathew D. Staver, dean of the Liberty University School of Law, said that efforts to change the definition of marriage to include same-sex "marriage" would be like trying to re-define the law of gravity, adding that, if it were tried, it would mark "the beginning of the end of Western civilization."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

Holy Silicon Wafer

Philadelphia, PA

#188 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>You are still a hate filled bigot....
Hey numbnuts, I already allowed that of course educated society maligns homophobic trash now. Of course you're hated, just like the kkk is hated. Not in your right wing circles, but in educated society.

As for bigotry: I never said you evilgelicals can't have equal rights to marriage, adoption, private sexual conduct, open military service, hate crimes protections, employment protections.

And you can't address that. It's fact. You're a stinking bigot. I never said you can't equal rights. I just call you a bigot for trying to deprive others of equal rights. It's simple. Even an inbred, brainwashed, buybull banging anti rationalist can understand the difference.

Now, if we take away the rights to marry, adopt and spawn from talibangelicals then you might have a point for once in your intellectually impoverished, theocratic life.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#189 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that special....... You just identified your militant response....... You are not a victim of any of what you listed but accurately display how you treat those who have their own opinions...... Bigot.....
I just love the Marco Rubio imitation.

Spot on!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Midland, MI

#190 Aug 11, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love the Marco Rubio imitation.
Spot on!
You got another point sugar tits......... Keep screaming how you have been neglected by being so public about your sexual needs.......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#191 Aug 11, 2014
Holy Silicon Wafer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts, I already allowed that of course educated society maligns homophobic trash now. Of course you're hated, just like the kkk is hated. Not in your right wing circles, but in educated society.
As for bigotry: I never said you evilgelicals can't have equal rights to marriage, adoption, private sexual conduct, open military service, hate crimes protections, employment protections.
And you can't address that. It's fact. You're a stinking bigot. I never said you can't equal rights. I just call you a bigot for trying to deprive others of equal rights. It's simple. Even an inbred, brainwashed, buybull banging anti rationalist can understand the difference.
Now, if we take away the rights to marry, adopt and spawn from talibangelicals then you might have a point for once in your intellectually impoverished, theocratic life.
Dang! There ought to be a law to protect our kind...... The hostility is just to much to cope with........ We can't have people calling us names........
Holy Silicon Wafer

Philadelphia, PA

#192 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Dang! There ought to be a law to protect our kind...... The hostility is just to much to cope with........ We can't have people calling us names........
Hey filth, you're too stupid to even get your attempted insults to make any sense:

You talibangelicals have been whining incessantly about my hilarious invective.

You talibangelicals already do have laws protecting you. The same sorts of protecting laws you wish to deny others.

BTW, you didn't address the simple fact that no one has said evilgelicals can't marry, adopt, have sex in private, serve openly, get hate crimes protections, be protected from arbitrary firing.

We _know_ who the bigots are, Gomer.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#193 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>You got another point sugar tits......... Keep screaming how you have been neglected by being so public about your sexual needs.......
sexual needs.

Hmm.

Is that why the marriage laws had to be changed to SAY one man one woman?

At least I'm not comparing your own mother's marriage to that of playing the bitch in a puppy mill like you and the "traditional marriage" crowd is doing.

I happen to feel that your Mom's marriage was about the sanctity of marriage and not your Dad's sexual needs.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#195 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Dang! There ought to be a law to protect our kind...... The hostility is just to much to cope with........ We can't have people calling us names........
please explain how banning marriage will make sure children are raised in a married household.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#196 Aug 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
SPARE ME THE RELIGIOUS FREEDOM CRAP!
FACT: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings
7/9/2013
BTW why is a will in Alabama invalid when the man leaves his estate to his spouse?
Gay Widower Shares Heartbreaking Story Of Why He's Suing Alabama
"No story breaks the heart quite like one about love.
In a conversation with HuffPost Live's Marc Lamont Hill about whether Alabama is falling behind in the nationwide fight for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality, the story took a more personal turn.
Paul Hard, an associate professor and department counselor at Auburn University, opened up about how he was denied access to his husband's hospital room after he was killed in a car accident. Hard said he "had to stand and plead to be allowed into his room" but was forbidden because of Alabama's ban on gay marriage.
"The nurse that I saw in the emergency room that said,'Iím sorry, but I can't let you see David,' apologetically and very tearfully later on said,ĎIím sorry. I would have let you in if I could,'" Hard said. "This law makes unwilling accomplices of decent people."
The "final straw," however, was when Hard found out that his husband's death certificate read "never married." Even though the couple had legally wed in Massachusetts, Alabama did not recognize the marriage or grant Hard any legal standing over his partner's will. Hard is now suing Alabama to challenge the state's ban on same-sex marriage.
He added that the more personal the fight of LGBT rights becomes, the more likely change is to happen.
"Very often folks here in Alabama say,'You know, I voted for that law, but I would never have put you through what youíve gone through,' Hard said. "It's one thing ... as a matter of my personal principal to stand up for traditional marriage, however that's understood to be. But when [opponents] start seeing the human toll that takes on people and how that affects other human beings, Iíve seen people back up from that."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/gay-...
LoL! What a spiel! I'll refer you to one of my earlier posts( you'll have to search for it yourself) about how this country is fragmenting along ideological lines. I told another idiot leftist out here awhile ago that progressive ideologies--which include gay rights-- were being purged from right-wing states and that a two-state America was inevitable. You can't stop America from the division process. Those on the right and those on the left must live apart. And the argument about the future of our country has almost NOTHING to do with the constitutional right to fudge-pack another dude or to carpet-munch another lezzie. It has to do with the statist agenda to corral everyone into the same field and which only uses the LBGT crowd as another form of cattle for their sinister end game. Too bad. I Guess both Paul and David should wake up and realize they live in Alabama.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#197 Aug 12, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>LoL! What a spiel! I'll refer you to one of my earlier posts( you'll have to search for it yourself) about how this country is fragmenting along ideological lines. I told another idiot leftist out here awhile ago that progressive ideologies--which include gay rights-- were being purged from right-wing states and that a two-state America was inevitable. You can't stop America from the division process. Those on the right and those on the left must live apart. And the argument about the future of our country has almost NOTHING to do with the constitutional right to fudge-pack another dude or to carpet-munch another lezzie. It has to do with the statist agenda to corral everyone into the same field and which only uses the LBGT crowd as another form of cattle for their sinister end game. Too bad. I Guess both Paul and David should wake up and realize they live in Alabama.
I find it interesting that when discussing SSM you always talk of fudge packing.

What does anal sex have to do with lesbians getting married?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#198 Aug 12, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>LoL! What a spiel! I'll refer you to one of my earlier posts( you'll have to search for it yourself) about how this country is fragmenting along ideological lines. I told another idiot leftist out here awhile ago that progressive ideologies--which include gay rights-- were being purged from right-wing states and that a two-state America was inevitable. You can't stop America from the division process. Those on the right and those on the left must live apart. And the argument about the future of our country has almost NOTHING to do with the constitutional right to fudge-pack another dude or to carpet-munch another lezzie. It has to do with the statist agenda to corral everyone into the same field and which only uses the LBGT crowd as another form of cattle for their sinister end game. Too bad. I Guess both Paul and David should wake up and realize they live in Alabama.
ARTICLE VI

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution;

AMENDMENT IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

**********
When did quoting the US Constitution become leftist?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#200 Aug 12, 2014
Dr X: carpet munching "Sounds like every red blooded virile straight guy I've ever met."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#201 Aug 12, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>The only liar I see is you and your name is also appropriate for you little man. And since when is it a "civil right" to get married??? You are and the lgbt extremists are really busy crying "civil rights" when you are actually totally clueless about the actual struggle for civil rights. Nothing like stealing from the very people who fought so hard for the their own civil rights that had previously been granted to them. There is NO place in the Constitution that guarantees anyone, gay or straight, the right to marry. winguts!
You asked about marriage and the Constitution. You claimed that judges were not following the Constitution.

See Article 6, Amendment 9 and Amendment 14 for your answer.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution;

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; (so much for marriage being a States Right)
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#202 Aug 12, 2014
Holy Silicon Wafer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey filth, you're too stupid to even get your attempted insults to make any sense:
You talibangelicals have been whining incessantly about my hilarious invective.
You talibangelicals already do have laws protecting you. The same sorts of protecting laws you wish to deny others.
BTW, you didn't address the simple fact that no one has said evilgelicals can't marry, adopt, have sex in private, serve openly, get hate crimes protections, be protected from arbitrary firing.
We _know_ who the bigots are, Gomer.
Great..... Now you want us in the bedroom to get exposed to yourself........ As stated before, we don't want to........
Really

Wyoming, MI

#203 Aug 12, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when the "disagreement" surrounds the basic humanity of others, and a need to deny disliked groups basic civil and human rights, there is NO need to be tolerant.
One should never be tolerant of lies, oppression, irrational discrimination, or allowing harm to other citizens simply because some group or another doesn't like or understand them.
thanks! At lease you had the courage to admit that you refuse to be tolerant of someone who disagrees with you. So, using your rationale above, then the right doesn't have to be tolerant of the lies, oppression, irrational discrimination and allowing harm to other groups that is being exhibited by the muslims, the gays, and the progressives? Thanks for your permission and just remember, I am quoting your very own words.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#204 Aug 12, 2014
Holy Silicon Wafer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, filth, Of course you're an ignorant, uneducated, mouthbreathing bigot, but I mentioned some actual arguments.
The idiot fundie in question is a serial liar:
Lied that those who condemn bigots are the _real_ bigots.
Lied about "believing in" science.
Lied about how it's impossible to say how old the earth is since you "weren't present."
Lied about civil unions being the same as marriage.
Lied about how suddenly suggesting civil unions, supposedly for everyone, is not merely and anti lgbt gambit.
And so on.
You can't refute that, so all you do is whine about namecalling. I'll tell you what, you stupid mullah, you go complain equally about Ann Coulter and Rushkiting L.'s use of invective.
And another foul mouthed, juvenile, screaming troll goes by the wayside. Perhaps when enough of us quit addressing your foolishness and you end up screaming at yourself, you will get the point. And since all your name calling also throws stuff that isn't true and has ZERO basis in fact, you are done. We can put a fork in you. And by the way? I happen to like reasonable gay people, just not the name calling, juvenile, screaming version you present. And trust me, I know you are NOT the majority anymore than those who scream on the straight side are representative of those of us who are reasonable and will discuss things reasonably without using name calling, decisiveness, and profanity. See ya.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#205 Aug 12, 2014
These militant gays are intolerant, uneducated(universities are not teaching these days) knuckle dragging whiners..... They want to emulate what they despise........

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#206 Aug 12, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
These militant gays are intolerant, uneducated(universities are not teaching these days) knuckle dragging whiners..... They want to emulate what they despise........
You mean like those terrible militant women who fought so hard for the vote? I mean, REALLY! They flew in the face of polite society, DEMANDING equality under the law, despite court rulings against them, beatings in the streets, and preachers screaming about their sins from the pulpit.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#207 Aug 12, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>thanks! At lease you had the courage to admit that you refuse to be tolerant of someone who disagrees with you.......
This is true, unless the person is disagreeing with my humanity, and equal protection for me and my family under the laws of this country.

There is no need to be "tolerant" of those who want to directly harm you and those you love.

A sane person fights them in every legal way, till their last breath.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208 Aug 12, 2014
Dr X wrote:
....... And the argument about the future of our country has almost NOTHING to do with the constitutional right to fudge-pack another dude or to carpet-munch another lezzie. It has to do with the statist agenda to corral everyone into the same field and which only uses the LBGT crowd as another form of cattle for their sinister end game. Too bad. I Guess both Paul and David should wake up and realize they live in Alabama.
Your sexual fantasies have no place in civil law. In order to deny a constitutional right, you need to show that such denial has a rational purpose.

So far in court, no one has been able to show such a purpose for harming gay citizens and their kids.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#209 Aug 12, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like those terrible militant women who fought so hard for the vote? I mean, REALLY! They flew in the face of polite society, DEMANDING equality under the law, despite court rulings against them, beatings in the streets, and preachers screaming about their sins from the pulpit.
You are reaching........ You are comparing 51% of the population to 1.3%.... You are still a hate filled bigot who wants to emulate that which you despise... Wonder why.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 7 hr NewsFan13 2,885
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Apr 20 Karen Vermaire 1,170
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Mar 30 GRhomesweethell 191

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages