Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Good Day,

Gee, wonder why he only extended the Bush tax cuts on the Middle Class through 2013 and no farther...?(That is a rhetorical question of course.)

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/09/dont-worry-r...

Steelie

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#2 Sep 19, 2012
I could be wrong,....
But it sure looks like Obama wants a tax increase soon after he is re-elected:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/09/0...

Obama 2012!

Hell yes!
I want to pay higher taxes in order to pay for Michelles vacations!
47% of us agree!
to be announced

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Subject: MITT ROMNEY
Just some facts about Mitt Romney that we will not hear about from the media!
Mitt Romney:
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.
Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.
Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.
Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.
Unpaid bishop and state president for his church 10 years.
No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.
No salary as MA governor 4 years.
That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 15% of his income..
This is real character vs....well you know what!
Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the United States
Hal Sharpen

Hudsonville, MI

#4 Sep 20, 2012
to be announced wrote:
Mitt Romney:
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.
Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 15% of his income..
Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the United States
Right on TBA. Couyldn't agree more. Why can't everyone see this - or at least the majority?
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Sep 20, 2012
to be announced wrote:
Mitt Romney:
...and he'll never be president of the United States.

Oh yeah I forgot we were talking about his accomplishments...
Mark

Rockford, MI

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Can someone please tell me why anyone would vote for Obama...

He's completely inept as president IMO. The world is burning and everyone wants to talk about something that is completely true, 47% of voters probably would never vote for any R....let alone someone that's proven themselves competent...like a Romney.

Grandville, MI

#7 Sep 20, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
...and he'll never be president of the United States.
Oh yeah I forgot we were talking about his accomplishments...
I know,...because like Obama was a community organizer and stuff, so he should be president right?
Even though Obama never really had a "real" job or anything, he's qualified because he's like a celebrity, and Hollywood type folks, and that 47% just love him!
Besides, Obama has much more foreign affairs experience doesnt he?
He has such close ties with the Muslim communty that he's made the middle east such a peacefull place these day's!
Obama 2012!

Grandville, MI

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Mark wrote:
Here's why Mark:

Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#9 Sep 21, 2012
Mark wrote:
He's completely inept as president IMO. The world is burning and everyone wants to talk about something that is completely true, 47% of voters probably would never vote for any R....let alone someone that's proven themselves competent...like a Romney.
It was your Mormon that disenfranchised 47% of the population only because they don't earn enough taxable income........

Can you please tell me why any of them would bother to vote for a candidate that said he didn't give a damn about them?
Mark

Rockford, MI

#11 Sep 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your Mormon that disenfranchised 47% of the population only because they don't earn enough taxable income........
Can you please tell me why any of them would bother to vote for a candidate that said he didn't give a damn about them?
he said they won't vote for him, so his campaign will focus on people that will...fail...try again.

And while failing, you still avoid the question.

Why would any one vote FOR Obama?
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Sep 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Romnet is the sacrificial lamb of the republican party. They knew they wouldn't be able to put a candidate in place who could beat Obama so they threw Mitt in the fire. By saying he doesn't give two shts about 47% of the electorate he is in a sense jumping off a cliff and getting it over with.

I'd like to see the GOP take all those millions they are about to waste on Mitt's camapign and do something with it, like give it to the hungry and poor or to pay for some kid's operation. That would be the Christian thing to do.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#13 Sep 21, 2012
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>he said they won't vote for him, so his campaign will focus on people that will...fail...try again.
And while failing, you still avoid the question.
Why would any one vote FOR Obama?
After the Mormon stated that he would throw the 47% of the population under the bus, I'd say most of them don't have any other choice.....

You surely don't think they'd vote for Mickey Mouse - He's a part of Disney which is owned by the lamestream media outlet ABC!

I'm also gladto see that you couldn't figure out why any of the 47% would vote for the Mormon.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#14 Sep 21, 2012
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Romnet is the sacrificial lamb of the republican party. They knew they wouldn't be able to put a candidate in place who could beat Obama so they threw Mitt in the fire. By saying he doesn't give two shts about 47% of the electorate he is in a sense jumping off a cliff and getting it over with.
I'd like to see the GOP take all those millions they are about to waste on Mitt's camapign and do something with it, like give it to the hungry and poor or to pay for some kid's operation. That would be the Christian thing to do.
What would the Mormon thing to do be..... A bowl of Campbell's Soup?

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Sep 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't give a damn about 90% of the people, but lots of people will vote for him.

So why are you supporting the person who cares for the least number of people? Because he's not Bush? Because he's Black? Because you hope he'll make all illegal aliens citizens? Because you have no hope of getting a job so he makes that ok?

Not why would you vote against Romney, but why vote for Obama?
Mark

Rockford, MI

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Still avoiding the question bob...

I can tell you why the 47% should vote for Romney. Because he will fix this economy which will improve their lives and their prospects.

Obamanomics-(verb) print Monopoly money.
-(noun) fantasy land

Can you tell me how you don't recognize Romney as a quality person?

Can you tell me why you would vote for Obama?

Apparently not.

Now give someone that actually wants to come up with an answer a chance.

Grandville, MI

#17 Sep 23, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
He never said he didnt give a damn about them.

It's our current administration's policies that have 47% of the population earning such low wages that they dont make enough income to pay taxes!

The manditory spending cuts that are to beging in 2013, due to the fact that this administration has failed to come up with a budget is goint to cut off a lot of subsidies.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/692...

I've seen the question asked on this thread several times now.
Why would anyone vote for Obama, but as of yet, have not seen an answer to it.
I believe that Romney may have made a poor choice of words, or could have worded his comment better. The liberal media has been twisting his words all over the place.

I just wonder why, if 47% of our population is making such substandard wages that they dont make enough money to pay taxes, and are dependant on government subsidies, why they would want to vote for four more years of the same, or worse?
Why I will vote Obama

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Sep 23, 2012
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't give a damn about 90% of the people, but lots of people will vote for him.
So why are you supporting the person who cares for the least number of people? Because he's not Bush? Because he's Black? Because you hope he'll make all illegal aliens citizens? Because you have no hope of getting a job so he makes that ok?
Not why would you vote against Romney, but why vote for Obama?
Because the thought of a republican president combined with the tea party congress scares the heck out of me. That and the fact that I think he would make the economy worse by trying the same old trickle down, which got us all here in the first place.

Grandville, MI

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Why I will vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the thought of a republican president combined with the tea party congress scares the heck out of me. That and the fact that I think he would make the economy worse by trying the same old trickle down, which got us all here in the first place.
The question was:
"Not why would you vote against Romney, but why vote for Obama?"

You've only stated why you would vote against Romney.
Mark

Rockford, MI

#20 Sep 23, 2012
So Obama and the dems have vilified Romney and the republicans to the point that people will only vote against what they perceive Romney will do....fear much?
Look at the individual competences of the two of them and its obvious there's only one competent person running....and it isn't the president.
His record isn't good at all.
setrlvr

United States

#21 Sep 23, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You seemed,(I've been reading all of the topics)a little smarter than what you've just posted even though I don't agree with anything you say. However, You must know that Mitt Romney did not say that..Right? You are just arguing for the sake of arguing..Right? Because now I can't even read what you write anymore. You lost me with your inane drivvel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holder is stepping down 2 hr Oneal 9
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 2 hr Oneal 4
Bengazi is back 8 hr kookierecluse 155
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 9 hr Yolanda 105
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 9 hr Gville Jim 6
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 19 hr Go Blue Forever 1,396
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) Mon shutthefuckup 676

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]