Liquidity issue hits developers

CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The Cascade Marketplace was supposed to be more developed by now than it is. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SOS in Rockford

Wayland, MI

#1 Jan 16, 2009
I am having trouble feeling sorry for him. Many (not all) developers have been raping the land and the people for years. Let's hope this economic downturn will weed out some of the bad ones.
4 Justice

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jan 16, 2009
Look at what they charge for rent nowadays. Business owners, along with our economic confidence, will stray away from these overpriced rents.
Walker Business Owner

Tecumseh, MI

#3 Jan 16, 2009
I personally have experienced the greed shown by these property owners. They have unrealistic expectations and over charge for rent. I approached a commercial rentor with a proposal to pay half rent for 6 months, 75% rent for another 6 months then would give him full rent thereafter. This would give my business a chance to get established. He turned down the offer saying he couldn't afford to make that deal. Well I went someplace else and have been doing well, he on the otherhand is STILL sitting on a vacant storefront....2 and a half years later. I wonder how he afforded that.
Dog Lover

Tecumseh, MI

#4 Jan 16, 2009
I am curious, who was the commercial company that rejected that deal?
getaclue

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Seriously, raping? or is it fulfilling a demand by supplying the space for soccer moms so they have something to do between practice and games. Why is it every time a worker gets laid off it's "poor guy, the man is taking advantage of him" even though many of thos e factory jobs have been overpaid for years due to union influence. But the guy that takes a risk to be self employed, and develop something that adds to our economy by employing builders, surveyors, Realtors and more hits hard times and all of a sudden it's, "Rapist, deserves to go down in flames"
Walker Business Owner

Tecumseh, MI

#6 Jan 16, 2009
Dog Lover wrote:
I am curious, who was the commercial company that rejected that deal?
Evergreen Properties is the one that rejected my proposal, I will personally avoid their properties in the future.
jim meyers

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jan 17, 2009
I cant beleve TV 8 has not done a story on them . hello , nock nock ,wake up !!!!!
TedNugent

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2009
Hence the saying "no risk, no reward".
unhumble

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Jan 17, 2009
getaclue wrote:
...Why is it every time a worker gets laid off it's "poor guy, the man is taking advantage of him" even though many of thos e factory jobs have been overpaid for years due to union influence...
Why is the worker "overpaid" thanks to unions, but executives who borrow most of the start-up money for the factory are not "overpaid" thanks to lawyers who negotiate their salary and bonuses? Worker deserve someone who will negotiate the best deal for them - just like CEO's have. It kills me hear middle-class workers defend management with phrases like" We should be grateful to have a job." I never hear management say "I'm grateful to workers for my profits"

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#11 Jan 17, 2009
unhumble wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the worker "overpaid" thanks to unions, but executives who borrow most of the start-up money for the factory are not "overpaid" thanks to lawyers who negotiate their salary and bonuses? Worker deserve someone who will negotiate the best deal for them - just like CEO's have. It kills me hear middle-class workers defend management with phrases like" We should be grateful to have a job." I never hear management say "I'm grateful to workers for my profits"
At my first factory job (Holland Furniture Company), the owners thanked us at least once a year by stopping production at noon the day before Christmas. Then they would serve us Christmas dinner with their own hands. At the conclusion of the dinner, they would thank us and draw numbers for Chrismas gifts (one gift for each employee), nice stuff like good quality electic drill, for example. After that, we went home but received the full days pay. They also expressed their appreciation to anyone doing a good job all through the year. It was a locally owned company, what would most likely be considered a "small business" now.
Rickybobby

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Jan 17, 2009
unhumble wrote:
<quoted text>
I never hear management say "I'm grateful to workers for my profits"
That's too bad. I guess I am blessed - my company almost goes overboard telling us how much we are appreciated and how we are all in this together. I work in a warehouse/shipping company so it can be pretty boring, but I truly feel that our company values us as people first, employee's second.
a michigan grandma

Warren, MI

#13 Jan 17, 2009
I can't help but wonder why in the world would someone start a new marketplace knowing what the economy is and knowing many places have vacancies.
Fan1

West Bloomfield, MI

#14 Jan 17, 2009
Walker Business Owner wrote:
<quoted text> Evergreen Properties is the one that rejected my proposal, I will personally avoid their properties in the future.
I also heard from several people about this company not paying supplier or contractor's bill. Many victim suppliers refuse to quote or work for them.
jim meyers

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jan 17, 2009
A contractor was putting on a roof for evergreen properties on alpine ave. and evergreen took all the supplies that were left , thousands of dollars worth. stored at 28th street warehouse.
jim meyers

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jan 17, 2009
Evergreen Properties do not maintain their properties, and they they use their customers dumpsters, their roofs leak, air contioning dont work, mice over running buildings,
jim meyers

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jan 18, 2009
An unexpected renter of evergreen properties, found out that his sewer backed up during peak business at his restaraunt on 28th street , as you open the front door to enter,the aroma of sewage, woops , forgot to tell you about this problem, said evergreen properties.
jim meyers

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Jan 18, 2009
When a business goes out,evergreen properties tries to sell your defunked business, not just re-rent the space
jim meyers

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Jan 18, 2009
This old couple that lived by knape and east beltline had an agreement to sell their home to evergreen properties,so they bought another house, at the closeing steve benner showed up and said, I dont realy need this property, so at this time, another deal was made for alot less money,to find out this was the way steve always does it.
jim meyers

Dayton, OH

#22 Jan 18, 2009
Steve Benner is at it again, Selling used sound equipment through E-BAY, through a third party, part of your secence was that you will never sell said equipment !
just me

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 11, 2012
jim meyers wrote:
Steve Benner is at it again, Selling used sound equipment through E-BAY, through a third party, part of your secence was that you will never sell said equipment !
steve just opened that eBay store last week selling his old sound& video stuff. He keeps piles of it stored in a large room near the back door of the office. He is paying his employees with coupons for food at restaurants. I worked there for 3 weeks and got paid for 1 . But I'm one of the lucky ones. He has screwed so many others out of so much money and destroyed their hopes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 15 min NorCal Native 36
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr tom wingo 1,841
PathologicalLliar Thu Sneaky Pete 3
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... Thu Gerald 48
gyrocopter subverts message Thu bobolinq 1
hillary clinton - 3D Wed Gville Jim 3
News Want the city to pay for your pothole damage? (Mar '08) Apr 13 sarah 53
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]